Old 01-06-2020, 01:49 PM   #1
vitalker
Human being with feelings

Default v6.03rc1 - January 6 2020

v6.03rc1 - January 6 2020
  • + Actions: show custom action toggle state as enabled/disabled if all component actions that report a toggle state are enabled/disabled [t=229048]
  • + Elastique: fix timing issues with tempo ramps and/or 0ms fade-times
  • + FX browser: improve mixed-state handling of plug-in options in context menus
  • + FX chain: improve behavior with multimonitors at different DPIs
  • + MIDI editor: add option to prevent mouse edits of single CC events from moving past other CC events
  • + MIDI editor: double-click on CC lane header selects all events in lane
  • + MIDI editor: improve visibility of note text in diamond or triangle view mode [t=228720]
  • + MIDI: preserve CC shapes when gluing items with timebase source beats [t=229058]
  • + MacOS: optionally display last user action in REAPER title bar
  • + Media explorer: fix memory leak when opening/closing window
  • + Media explorer: improve routing button sizing on win32 multimonitor hidpi
  • + Media items: add preference to set imported media items with embedded tempo to auto-stretch at project tempo changes
  • + Media items: more accurate auto-stretch slope calculation [p=2215207]
  • + Region manager: improve resize behavior on Windows HiDPI
  • + Rubber Band Library: fix timing issues with tempo ramps and/or 0ms fade-times
  • + Screen sets window: improve resize behavior on win32 HiDPI
  • + Soundtouch: fix timing issues with tempo ramps and/or 0ms fade-times
  • + Stretch markers: preserve beat-based positions of stretch markers when item timebase is beats(position, length, rate)
  • + Stretch markers: set slope for manual stretch markers when using auto-stretch timebase and linear tempo changes [p=2212837]
  • + Tabs: fix truncated tabs with 200% hidpi
  • + Toolbars: refresh toolbar after running any action via toolbar [t=229048]
  • + Toolbars: refresh toolbars after running custom action [t=229048]
  • + Track manager: improve resize behavior on Windows HiDPI
  • + Track panels: prevent meters from occluding track name when renaming tracks on Windows [t=228993]
  • + VST: add hasCockosSampleAccurateAutomation and hasCockosEmbeddedUI support for third-party plug-ins
  • + macOS: fix routing matrix/wiring diagram scrollbar appearance issues
  • + macOS: improve appearance of static text fields when option to allow dark mode is enabled
  • # Cursor: move edit cursor on tiny mouse move on media item edge [t=229243]
  • # Import: don't apply tempo-match adjustment twice in certain situations [p=2221637]
  • # MIDI editor: action to select/unselect all events in lane affects all editable MIDI
  • # Media items: fix potential incorrect auto-stretch warp marker slope calculation when gradual tempo changes
  • # Media items: reset warp marker slope when moving media item from linear tempo change to constant tempo [p=2214182]
  • # Theme: fix master MCP minimum size in scaled modes
  • # Toolbars: fix toggle state for SWS cycle actions [p=2220575]
This thread is for pre-release features discussion. Use the Feature Requests forum for other requests.

Changelog - Pre-Releases

Generated by X-Raym's REAPER ChangeLog to BBCode
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 08:49 PM   #2
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
[*]+ MIDI editor: double-click on CC lane header selects all events in lane
I think it would be reasonable to request to have it unselect if all events are selected. Can come in handy while doing shift-doubleclick to quickly add/remove CC selection for multiple lanes
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:32 PM   #3
Funkybot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeder View Post
I think it would be reasonable to request to have it unselect if all events are selected. Can come in handy while doing shift-doubleclick to quickly add/remove CC selection for multiple lanes
Remember: you still have Esc to quickly unselect all. That's what I've been doing.

I'd still like to eventually see the same "reduce number of points" option we have for standard automation just to really unify how those two modes work.
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 09:38 PM   #4
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkybot View Post
Remember: you still have Esc to quickly unselect all. That's what I've been doing.
Esc removes time selection here But thank you for responding and offering a solution!
Old 01-06-2020, 11:20 PM   #5
lucas_LCS

Default Volume Knob Size Bug

I'm still seeing the Volume Knob Image Bug in older custom (non-default) themes that I reported earlier for Reaper v6.00, v6.01 & v6.02.

In the screenshot below, the MCP Master knob is coded to be larger than the knob for the same style layout in the MCP mixer, but the Master is using the mcp_knob_small.png image instead of the mcp_knob_large.png image.

Code:
set mcp.volume.fadermode 		[1] 
set mcp.volume 				h<327 [0] [24 509 32 34 0 1 0 1]

set master.mcp.volume 			h<344 [0] [21 530 36 38 0 1 0 1] 
set master.mcp.volume.fadermode 	[1]
If I make the mixer knob code match the size of the Master, the mixer knob now also uses the mcp_knob_small.png image.

If I change the Master knob size to match the mixer knob size, it uses the correct mcp_knob_large.png image.
Both are using the same knob images from the same folder.

The images and code worked fine in Reaper 5.91
I'm running Win 7 SP1

::
Attached Images
File Type: png Large_Knob_issue.png (13.4 KB, 2040 views)
Old 01-06-2020, 11:21 PM   #6
Dafarkias

Excited to check if the 0ms stretch markers w/ Elastique are actually fixed now. Last 'fix' was a bit of a disappointment, with all due respect

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 11:59 PM   #7
Klangfarben

Quote:
I second this.
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:26 AM   #8
Tod

Quote:
Esc removes time selection here But thank you for responding and offering a solution!
Me too..

I wish there was a way of making is so "ESC" would only do what I want it to do, which is remove time selection.

Right now if I've got an FX open and it was the last thing touched, "ESC" will close it. I've looked for ways to change this but it must be built in.
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:07 AM   #9
juliansader

The big bugs in the auto-stretch timebase that I described in dev1222 are unfortunately still present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
v6.02+dev1218 - December 18 2019
# MIDI editor: action to select/unselect all events in lane affects all editable MIDI
For future releases, please note that many other MIDI editor actions also only affect the active take, not all editable ones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
I wish there was a way of making is so "ESC" would only do what I want it to do, which is remove time selection.

Right now if I've got an FX open and it was the last thing touched, "ESC" will close it. I've looked for ways to change this but it must be built in.
It will work if you make Esc a global shortcut.

Last edited by juliansader; 01-07-2020 at 06:22 AM.
juliansader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:12 AM   #10
Joe90

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
+ VST: add hasCockosSampleAccurateAutomation and hasCockosEmbeddedUI support for third-party plug-ins
I'd love to get some more info on this... does this mean we can start creating our own embeddable UI's for our favourite third party plugins? Could we do that ourselves, or is that something that would need to be done by the plugin manufacturer?
Do all plugins that we want to embed need to have their own discreet embeddable UI, or can we set up a 'Generic EQ' UI for instance, which we can then tweak so that it works with the basic parameters of our favourite EQ plugin?
Is it possible for us to tweak the UI's at our end at all? For example, Bfooz came up with some nice improvement ideas for the embedded ReaEQ and ReaComp UI's here - https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=227620

I'd still love the option to emded these UI's in there own section in the mixer, just like the FX parameters section (hideable, resizeable with handles at top and bottom).

It's great to see the various HiDPI plugin display options are still improving - I'm still hoping to see the per plugin HiDPI compatibility option working in the FX chain too, not just when the plugin is floating. Hopefully that is on the cards at some point.

Also - I see that the new multimonitor aware mode V2 has not made it to the RC release - I know this mode still had some issues, I was the one reporting a lot of them, so I understand the reticence... However, I should say that I still find MMAv2 to be a smoother HiDPI multimonitor experience overall than the original MMA mode and I'm personally still using MMAv2, so I'm hoping it just hasn't been included because it needs more work, rather than because it's been dropped completely?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:44 AM   #11
Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tod View Post
Me too..

You could assign a global scope to shortcut I guess? Haven't tried, but it should work in theory

edit: julian beat me to it!
Old 01-07-2020, 05:37 AM   #12
mschnell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
Do all plugins that we want to embed need to have their own discreet embeddable UI, or can we set up a 'Generic EQ' UI for instance, which we can then tweak so that it works with the basic parameters of our favourite EQ plugin?
Is it possible for us to tweak the UI's at our end at all?
I understand that the author of a plugin with this can add support for providing an embeddable UI to their work.
Theoretically you can create a wrapper VST with it's own GUI and support for the embeddable UI and load the 3rd party VST into same, controlling the 3rd party VST's parameters via the DAW parameters between the wrapper and the the original.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:30 AM   #13
TBProAudio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe90 View Post
I'd love to get some more info on this... does this mean we can start creating our own embeddable UI's for our favourite third party plugins? Could we do that ourselves

Sorry no, needs to be supported in the plugin code.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:24 AM   #14
Joe90

Thanks for the info guys. Your wrapper idea sounds intriguing Micheal. Hopefully someone with more expertise on this subject than me will explore that. We already have quite a few plugin wrapping/chaining/controlling scripts already, perhaps one of those could be amended for this task.
Old 01-07-2020, 07:43 AM   #15
schwa
Administrator

You could write a JS plugin with an embeddable UI, then use parameter linking to connect it to a 3rd party plugin, and save the whole thing as a track template. That would be cool for an X/Y control or any number of other uses.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:28 AM   #16
mccrabney

Quote:
Originally Posted by schwa View Post
You could write a JS plugin with an embeddable UI, then use parameter linking to connect it to a 3rd party plugin, and save the whole thing as a track template. That would be cool for an X/Y control or any number of other uses.
that is an awesome idea.
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 08:47 AM   #17
mccrabney

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
For future releases, please note that many other MIDI editor actions also only affect the active take, not all editable ones.

^
etc
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 09:16 AM   #18
Joe90

Quote:
Very cool! I hadn't considered that. I guess we'd only need a handful of JS plugins with different generic embeddable UI's, and they could handle a lot of different jobs. Testing this now and it doesn't need to be a JS plugin either. Check this out. ReaEQ is at 0% wet, just controlling Pro-Q2. -

Once the parameter linking is set up, the two plugins be can saved as an FX chain. Very cool.

Some kind of plugin wrapper that would allow us to 'attach' the embeddable UI to an existing plugin and wrap it up as a new plugin called 'Pro-Q(embeddable)' (for example) would be amazing, but also quite complex I'm guessing, and probably outside the realms of a script. If that were possible, then an LBX stripper style interface for designing the mini-UI's would also be amazing... I'm dreaming at this point I know

Regarding midi editor actions that don't affect all notes, you can add 'invert selection' (#40501) to that list, if it's not on there already.

Last edited by Joe90; 01-07-2020 at 09:21 AM.
Old 01-07-2020, 03:51 PM   #19
Justin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucas_LCS View Post
I'm still seeing the Volume Knob Image Bug in older custom (non-default) themes that I reported earlier for Reaper v6.00, v6.01 & v6.02.

In the screenshot below, the MCP Master knob is coded to be larger than the knob for the same style layout in the MCP mixer, but the Master is using the mcp_knob_small.png image instead of the mcp_knob_large.png image.

Code:
set mcp.volume.fadermode 		[1] 
set mcp.volume 				h<327 [0] [24 509 32 34 0 1 0 1]

set master.mcp.volume 			h<344 [0] [21 530 36 38 0 1 0 1] 
set master.mcp.volume.fadermode 	[1]
If I make the mixer knob code match the size of the Master, the mixer knob now also uses the mcp_knob_small.png image.

If I change the Master knob size to match the mixer knob size, it uses the correct mcp_knob_large.png image.
Both are using the same knob images from the same folder.

The images and code worked fine in Reaper 5.91
I'm running Win 7 SP1

Restoring the 5.x behavior on this, though we need to make sure it doesn't break anything for the v6 theme
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:06 PM   #20
EvilDragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post

^
etc

Yes! Please make all MIDI editor actions work across ALL editable items!
EvilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:07 PM   #21
airon

Quote:
That‘s cool.

Have you told plugin vendors like Fabfilter about this functionality ?
Compressors could express gain reduction amongst many other ideas.

Are code examples available ?
airon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 04:34 PM   #22
Klangfarben

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilDragon View Post
Yes! Please make all MIDI editor actions work across ALL editable items!
Yes please!!
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:32 PM   #23
Swi

Default Volume Knob only goes half way

In the TCP If I choose to use the knob for volume, it only goes halfway or only to 12 o'clock. This has been an issue when using these knobs to send midi volume (cc7) to multi instruments where the knob sends 0-127 between 7 and 12 o'clock. It would be nice to have the full volume knob movent from 7-5 o'clock and also be the spread for cc7 volume 0-127.
Swi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 11:42 PM   #24
mschnell

Quote:
Of course this is a lot easier to do than a wrapper VST.
And this only needs to handle those parameters that you want to show in the embedded mode, not all parameters.

-Michael
mschnell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 12:35 AM   #25
svijayrathinam

"+ FX browser: improve mixed-state handling of plug-in options in context menus"

Can someone pls explain what this is ?
svijayrathinam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:06 AM   #26
EvilDragon

That sounds like how changing different right-click plugin options behave when you have multiple plugins selected in FX browser. Nothing performance-related.
Old 01-08-2020, 07:57 AM   #27
schwa
Administrator

here is the code if anybody wants it:

Code:
desc:XY Linker (Cockos)
//tags: utility XY FX parameter linker embeddable
//author: Cockos
/*
Use REAPER's parameter linking to link other FX parameters
to the X and Y controls of this plugin, then embed this plugin
in REAPER's TCP or MCP.  You can also save the track as a
track template for reuse.

Copyright (C) 2020 Cockos Incorporated
License: LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
*/

slider1:0.5<0,1,0.001>-X
slider2:0.5<0,1,0.001>-Y

options:no_meter

@init
gfx_ext_retina=1.0;
last_w=last_h=0;
has_cap=last_cap=0;
dblclk_timeout=0;

@slider

@block

@sample

@gfx 400 400

gfx_w != last_w || gfx_h != last_h ?
(
  last_w=gfx_w;
  last_h=gfx_h;
  gfx_clear=0;
);

dblclk_timeout > 0 ? dblclk_timeout=dblclk_timeout-1;

last_cap != (mouse_cap&1) ?
(
  last_cap=(mouse_cap&1);
  has_cap=0;
  (mouse_cap&1) ?
  (
    dblclk_timeout > 0 ?
    (
      slider1=slider2=0.5;
      slider_automate(slider1);
      slider_automate(slider2);
    ) :
    (
      abs(mouse_x-slider1*gfx_w) < 8 &&
      abs(mouse_y-(1.0-slider2)*gfx_h) < 8 ?
        has_cap=1;
      dblclk_timeout=8;
    );
  );
);

has_cap ?
(
  x=mouse_x/gfx_w;
  x < 0.0 ? x=0.0 : x > 1.0 ? x=1.0;
  y=1.0-mouse_y/gfx_h;
  y < 0.0 ? y=0.0 : y > 1.0 ? y=1.0;
  slider1 != x ?
  (
    slider1=x;
  );
  slider2 != y ?
  (
    slider2=y;
  );
);

gfx_r=gfx_g=gfx_b=0.25;
gfx_line(0, gfx_h/2, gfx_w, gfx_h/2);
gfx_line(gfx_w/2, 0, gfx_w/2, gfx_h);

x=slider1*gfx_w;
y=(1.0-slider2)*gfx_h;
sz=gfx_w < gfx_h ? gfx_w : gfx_h;
r=4+sz/128;
gfx_r=1.0;
gfx_circle(x, y, r, 1, 1);

Last edited by schwa; 01-08-2020 at 10:38 AM.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 08:10 AM   #28
EvilDragon

Ha, nice to see Surge there.

Would be nice to be able to somehow mark X and Y axes in the embedded view?
Old 01-08-2020, 10:32 AM   #29
Funkybot

Schwa, you realize the logical conclusion is: TCP/MCP embedded macro controls for any synth/effect built right into Reaper, right?
Funkybot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 11:58 AM   #30
ErBird

Quote:
Very nice. I can see two potential tweaks.

First, the dot can only be moved by selecting it directly. Clicking on the black background has no effect. Maybe this is good actually so as to ignore errant clicks.

Second, it would be nice to be able to restrict movement to one axis using Ctrl and Shift.
ErBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 01:28 PM   #31
EvilDragon

Is that RT CPU measurement, or? RT CPU is the most important one.
Old 01-08-2020, 02:25 PM   #32
Edgemeal

Quote:

Thank You!
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2020, 02:36 PM   #33
lucas_LCS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin
Restoring the 5.x behavior on this, though we need to make sure it doesn't break anything for the v6 theme
Thanks!
I checked it and it's working.
No problem if you need to revert back to v6 selection, I have a work around if that's the case.

Old 01-08-2020, 03:49 PM   #34
Joe90

Quote:

Code:
desc:XY Linker (Cockos)
//tags: utility XY FX parameter linker embeddable
//author: Cockos
/*
Use REAPER's parameter linking to link other FX parameters
to the X and Y controls of this plugin, then embed this plugin
in REAPER's TCP or MCP.  You can also save the track as a
track template for reuse.

Copyright (C) 2020 Cockos Incorporated
License: LGPL - http://www.gnu.org/licenses/lgpl.html
*/

slider1:0.5<0,1,0.001>-X
slider2:0.5<0,1,0.001>-Y

options:no_meter

@init
gfx_ext_retina=1.0;
last_w=last_h=0;
has_cap=last_cap=0;
dblclk_timeout=0;

@slider

@block

@sample

@gfx 400 400

gfx_w != last_w || gfx_h != last_h ?
(
  last_w=gfx_w;
  last_h=gfx_h;
  gfx_clear=0;
);

dblclk_timeout > 0 ? dblclk_timeout=dblclk_timeout-1;

last_cap != (mouse_cap&1) ?
(
  last_cap=(mouse_cap&1);
  has_cap=0;
  (mouse_cap&1) ?
  (
    dblclk_timeout > 0 ?
    (
      slider1=slider2=0.5;
    ) :
    (
      abs(mouse_x-slider1*gfx_w) < 8 &&
      abs(mouse_y-(1.0-slider2)*gfx_h) < 8 ?
        has_cap=1;
      dblclk_timeout=8;
    );
  );
);

has_cap ?
(
  x=mouse_x/gfx_w;
  x < 0.0 ? x=0.0 : x > 1.0 ? x=1.0;
  y=1.0-mouse_y/gfx_h;
  y < 0.0 ? y=0.0 : y > 1.0 ? y=1.0;
  slider1 != x ?
  (
    slider1=x;
  );
  slider2 != y ?
  (
    slider2=y;
  );
);

gfx_r=gfx_g=gfx_b=0.25;
gfx_line(0, gfx_h/2, gfx_w, gfx_h/2);
gfx_line(gfx_w/2, 0, gfx_w/2, gfx_h);

x=slider1*gfx_w;
y=(1.0-slider2)*gfx_h;
sz=gfx_w < gfx_h ? gfx_w : gfx_h;
r=4+sz/128;
gfx_r=1.0;
gfx_circle(x, y, r, 1, 1);
Very cool. Thanks!
Old 01-08-2020, 06:07 PM   #35
_Stevie_

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliansader View Post
In this context I want to point out that we still don't have the possibility to get all open takes in the MIDI Editor via the API:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=168563