Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-01-2015, 01:38 AM   #41
RobertP
Human being with feelings

I havn't updated yet but it looks like most of my stuff will work - thanks to all the posters. I am staying with win7 for at least 6 months.

But.. anyone having luck with a Roland VG99 yet, including as control?

It is a discontinued product now but it may mean me staying with win 7 permenantly if there is no workaround.

Come on Roland, I have a pointy stick here so be warned

EDIT: re my post above focusrite: http://uk.focusrite.com/answerbase/w...-compatibility

Last edited by RobertP; 08-01-2015 at 03:08 AM.
RobertP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:47 AM   #42
SmajjL

http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024

A-800, At least it say (under testing) and hopefully.. that translates into that they are working on making one or fix it, I hope.
Captain Chief of planet Roland! please make it so..

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 03:07 PM   #43
Sari

Quote:
Originally Posted by milo2112 View Post
I have read that the Steinberg UR series has sample rate switching issues. They seem to default to 48K. I am installing win 10 now so will verify if this is a general issue or DAW specific.
Upgraded to Win 10. My UR44 functions perfectly.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:21 PM   #44
Softsynth

Roland's nasty little bombshell, including current products:
http://www.roland.com/support/support_news/250024

"Legend

1) Yes: Compatible Compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition

2) Limited: Limited compatibility Compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition with limited operation

3) No: No plan for compatible version We are sorry but we have no plan to make it compatible with Windows(R) 10 64-bit Edition / 32-bit Edition."

So no plans do update their drivers. If they work they work, if they don't you're on your own.
If 3 is found to apply to my A800 Pro (a current product) then I shall certainly never buy a Roland product ever again.
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 05:55 PM   #45
SmajjL

I am trying to be optimistic, was..anyway..
I have Midisport Uno Usb cables also so I of course had to check their site, nope, only up to 8.1.
If they will would work on compatiblabla mode, no clue.

Yes well softie, i'm afraid that part will come natural to me by principle.
So that site is only to confirm what we already know? not to confirm and FIX?
If Yes then I shall swap out my smiley for an, ah-haha!-he at that and then do my cutiest.. Pft!

Old 08-02-2015, 12:02 AM   #46
ivansc

Unfortunately life is like that.
N.I. discontinued support for a product I own literally weeks after I bought it.
Mind you that was when Win7 came in & it still sort of works up to and including 10.
Not nice, but Product EOL IS a fact of life.

Incidentally I would have thought that anything that was specifically compatible with Win 8.1 would have just worked in 10.
Hopefully.

Last edited by ivansc; 08-22-2015 at 05:20 AM.
ivansc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 05:57 AM   #47
vidalsh

no problems here...

NI komplete audio, asus geforce gtx780...

all my vst plugins runs well...
vidalsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 06:18 AM   #48
SmajjL

Ivan I could pick a new A-800 up in 20 minutes right now though.
And no, I am not going on any kind mission or going to hug trees until.. just saying and life goes on.
If Maschine2 and stuff was a problem, then! I might actually cry in public, as in, tears, not the internet whine.
On the bright side, atleast humans and reperians come together in crisis.

The thi the, what's the name.. native'ness Windows drivers should be better though, even my netcard got alive against my will.
What it's worth Ivan, again.. I still - don't - habbla (comprendo) - this, doesn't feel natural or very Pro'ish all this and I am just a simple consumer user.

And this might be the last time this would be an issue since 10 will only be updating, hope that's the plan and if that's the case, companies should make an exception unless, this not supporting is part of the business. lol
Still wanna see this for myself, think my brain just simply needs it.

Old 08-02-2015, 06:46 AM   #49
SmajjL

Ahh ohh, speaking of principles.
Here is a link to my motherboard that is 'OLE! or what the *beep* it's called, long time ago.
http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4140#ov
Anyway free Gigabyte *commercial, rep* and credit of that it can be done if.. eum.
Justin & Co should develop hardware!most pedant devs ive ever seen!
So, if my motherboard was not updated let's say, I would Not be upset because it would make sense! and I would! get - it.

Last edited by SmajjL; 08-02-2015 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-02-2015, 09:16 AM   #50
lofven

Default Upgrade worked for me..but

Hi,

Thought it could be helpful to share my experience with Win10.

Did an upgrade from Win7, and everything works. That is basically; Focusrite 2i4 interface, 2CAudio Aether reverb, NI Kontakt Player, ToneBoosters plugins..and a bunch of other plugins.

But please consider that even if Win10 is probably better than Win8.1, it takes some effort to disable all the useless stuff its loaded with. Good thing though that it´s pretty easy to disable or unistall the most obvious bloatware. You can even access the old Control Panel, and manage My Computer the same way you do in Win7.

Anyway, some strange things are going on in Win10. I still find useless processes that are hard to get rid of, the Device Manager lists my audio stuff twice, both as hardware and software devices (!). Looking at network activity, it´s pretty lean, but I discovered one TCP connection to LinkedIn, even though basically no user processes were running. At my job (IT Security) thats classified as "backdoor activity".

There is a possibility to revert to my old Win7 (wich was stripped to the bone from useless stuff). And Win7 has security support until January 2020.
Old 08-02-2015, 11:12 AM   #51
karbomusic

Quote:
but I discovered one TCP connection to LinkedIn, even though basically no user processes were running. At my job (IT Security) thats classified as "backdoor activity".
Which PID did netstat -ano (or tcpmon) show for that linkedin TCP connection and what state was it in?
Old 08-02-2015, 01:34 PM   #52
lofven

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Which PID did netstat -ano (or tcpmon) show for that linkedin TCP connection and what state was it in?
Saw it in TCPView and didnt save any info. Not even sure if you can get that from TCPView. I´ve tried to get the processes from that tool but there may be better tools for that. Anyway, the bottomline is that an OS like Win10 has a lot of "features" which you have have never asked for.
Old 08-02-2015, 01:59 PM   #53
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lofven View Post
Saw it in TCPView and didnt save any info. Not even sure if you can get that from TCPView. I´ve tried to get the processes from that tool but there may be better tools for that.
It shows in TCP view, 1st and 2nd columns and if you double click it shows the path to the executable, publisher and version. If we claim it is backdooring, we should confirm it. It is important because someone will read it and start parroting it before actually knowing what it was.

Either way, no argument, just an important detail IMHO.

Last edited by karbomusic; 08-02-2015 at 02:10 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 01:19 AM   #54
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
Ivan I could pick a new A-800 up in 20 minutes right now though.
Yep - and Roland apparently dropped the ball.
Shame. I still have a lot of Roland hardware and they used to be really on top of current technology. Seems like they have slacked off somewhat lately.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:57 AM   #55
Mercado_Negro

The upgrade from Windows 7 64bit Ultimate went great here on my main DAW.

Just found a minor problem with the Nvidia drivers but I solved it easily by downloading and installing the lastest drivers for Windows 10 64bit (353.62).

Everything is working correctly and nothing really changed (even desktop icons, folders, wallpaper, etc., remained).

Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56 and latest Saffire MixControl beta drivers 3.6b2
Nvidia Geforce GT520 and lalest drivers 353.62
REAPER 5.0pre12 64bit
StudioOne 3.02 64bit
iLok Manager (2.5.1.1018) and protected plug-ins working flawlessly
Novation ZeRO SLMKII, Novation Impulse 49 and M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 working fine (and Automap beta 4.9b4)
VLC, Foobar2000, Firefox, OpenOffice, CDBurnerXP, AATranslator and FreeStudio all working fine.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:49 PM   #56
SmajjL

Ivan: Thanks for the mental company & support though.
They have new shiny stuff though to help relieve us from any frustration of the past as compensation.
My A800 is still shiny though.. ..

Merc: Sounds like you have no problems to me, you smooth sailor you.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:47 PM   #57
SirKen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lannister View Post
...ValhallaRoom 64bit isn't recognised, although oddly enough, the 32bit version is.

I've contacted both vendors, but I'd be interested if anyone else has had problems with these, especially the 64bit version of ValhallaRoom
I had a similar issue with the Tech Preview a few months ago. Installing version 3.5 of .NET libraries fixed it for me.
SirKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:01 PM   #58
pcartwright

Default Presonus Firepod (FP10)

Upgraded from Win7 to 10. Had to re-install Firepod drivers. Presonus doesn't support Win8 or Win10, but the Win7 drivers worked once I installed them using compatibility mode. No other issues so far.
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:02 PM   #59
4x4uk

Upgraded from win8.1 to win 10 last night. Just about everything works ok and was pre set up during install

AOC and two acer pnp screens,
alesis monitors,
M audio delta 1010, behringer u-202
Nektar Panorama P1, Kord nanokontrol2
WSI Midi interface.
Reaper works flawlessly and as far as I can tell at the moment all other programs do to even asi4all works

The only thing that doesn't work and is impossible to get working at the Moment is my Boss GT Pro, - Name recognised but driver issue.(worked in XP and win 8.1 ) No Win 10 drivers available (tried win 7 and win 8 driver install- win 10 wont let 8 wont work and 7 is blocked by os) Way to go Roland you used to be great now your always way way behind
4x4uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:06 PM   #60
pcartwright

Try running the Roland win8 driver in compatibility mode and see if that works.
pcartwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2015, 12:21 PM   #61
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4uk View Post
The only thing that doesn't work and is impossible to get working at the Moment is my Boss GT Pro, - Name recognised but driver issue.(worked in XP and win 8.1 ) No Win 10 drivers available (tried win 7 and win 8 driver install- win 10 wont let 8 wont work and 7 is blocked by os) Way to go Roland you used to be great now your always way way behind
If you can't get the driver installed it is probably because the installer blocks it because the INF file doesn't have an entry for Windows 10
Quote:

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported
You could try the following....

Open RDIF1052.INF in a text editor...

Change the following lines from:
Quote:
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; Windows8
%RDID0052DeviceDesc%=RDID0052Install, USB\VID_0582&PID_0089 ; GT-PRO

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; not supported
To

Quote:
[Roland.NTamd64.6.2]
;; Windows8

[Roland.NTamd64.7]
;; Windows 10
Then save the file, disable driver signing/verification in Windows 10 and try the install again; it may or may not work because it is a hack and there could be other issues but it did work for another poster for a different device in this thread starting around post #78.
Old 08-05-2015, 01:28 PM   #62
4x4uk

thanks karbomusic

your the man. I owe you at least one pint. That works. Although as you rightly pointed out you do have to disable driver signing/verification

Last edited by 4x4uk; 08-05-2015 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #63
JHughes
Banned

Yes, karbo IS the man.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:22 AM   #64
msundh

Default Scarlet 18i8

Some problem with firmware update
http://global.focusrite.com/answerba...-compatibility
Old 08-19-2015, 01:35 PM   #65
innuendo

Very impressive Karbomusic! Just dropped by to say that :-)
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 02:57 AM   #66
jinotsuh

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4uk View Post
Upgraded from win8.1 to win 10 last night. Just about everything works ok and was pre set up during install

AOC and two acer pnp screens,
alesis monitors,
M audio delta 1010, behringer u-202
Nektar Panorama P1, Kord nanokontrol2
WSI Midi interface.
Reaper works flawlessly and as far as I can tell at the moment all other programs do to even asi4all works

Hi 4x4uk, regarding the Delta 1010, If I may ask, what driver version are you using ? the latest 6.0.8 ? and you had no issues at all? you have checked and everything works fine ? and just to be sure you are talking about a 1010 not a 1010LT ?

I also sent you a PM, but not sure if it will be received etc

Thanks for any help/info

Jeff
jinotsuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 04:36 AM   #67
4x4uk

yes its a delta 1010 not a 1010lt and im using v6.08 driver with no issues at all.
I have replied in more detail via pm
regards
Ian
Old 08-23-2015, 01:33 AM   #68
dsknt

Default Lexicon driver issue

Hello all.
I have to share some experiments I had while upgrading to windows 10. I usually work with a Lexicon IO42 desktop input device. Reaper seems to work fine except some resolution and lag with the UI.
The problem core is the interaction between manufacturer driver (IO | 42 Driver v2.9.29 Windows (64-bit)) and asio4all driver. While switching the driver in Reaper control panel, always the same BSOD appears after few seconds. Fault in non paged area which is pointing on lexicon driver. Anyone had similar experiences/BSOD with other hardware?
I have to say that there's the same problem on windows 8.1 but not with windows 8.

I did a rollback to windows 7 to avoid these problems. disappointing..
Any tricks could be interesting.

Some infos of the HW rig.

AMD fx8150 8 core
32 G RAM DDR3 Corsair
Samsung evo SSD
dsknt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #69
synthie

Default Latency problems

Hello all,
after a long time I decided to dust off my trusted Saffire LE (not even mentioned anymore on the Focusrite Win 10 list) and give it a go on Windows 7. After some help from a very friendly Focusrite guy I got it running again but with latency problems.
I then decided to intall Windows 10 which worked rather smooth, didn't expect that... Even the ancient Saffire drivers and the Firewire drivers for the PCIe card are working but with horrible latency - 500 to 1000 us and of course cracks and pops.
Went through all the normal procedures, ran dpclat and latency mon, disabled all the devices one by one with no success. Even uninstalling USB 3 devices and disabling the network card didn't change anything.

Does anyone know if there's a guide for Win10 similar that we had for Win7 to reduce latency? I used the common settings like switching off the visual effects, giving priority to background services, etc but still no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: The Firewire PCIE card checks out OK as compatible, no issues using the Focusrite OHCI tool

Last edited by synthie; 09-08-2015 at 07:13 AM. Reason: added firewire card note
synthie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 08:22 AM   #70
MaCs

Quote:
Originally Posted by synthie View Post
Hello all,
after a long time I decided to dust off my trusted Saffire LE (not even mentioned anymore on the Focusrite Win 10 list) and give it a go on Windows 7. After some help from a very friendly Focusrite guy I got it running again but with latency problems.
I then decided to intall Windows 10 which worked rather smooth, didn't expect that... Even the ancient Saffire drivers and the Firewire drivers for the PCIe card are working but with horrible latency - 500 to 1000 us and of course cracks and pops.
Went through all the normal procedures, ran dpclat and latency mon, disabled all the devices one by one with no success. Even uninstalling USB 3 devices and disabling the network card didn't change anything.

Does anyone know if there's a guide for Win10 similar that we had for Win7 to reduce latency? I used the common settings like switching off the visual effects, giving priority to background services, etc but still no luck.

Thanks for your help in advance!

PS: The Firewire PCIE card checks out OK as compatible, no issues using the Focusrite OHCI tool
When I upgraded to Windows 10, it installed a wrong Firewire driver. I had to manually reinstall the old driver, maybe this is your problem.
MaCs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 10:44 AM   #71
synthie

Ta for the reply. This happened to me as well but I already installed the correct one, unfortunately that's not it.
Old 09-08-2015, 02:13 PM   #72
innuendo

1000us is far from reasonable. Some questions:
- Is there any involvement of midi in your setup?
- Are you sure you are using latest official ASIO drivers? Are they correctly set in Reaper?
- what buffer settings are defined in your drivers?
- did you try wasapi?
- did you try this with a fresh portable reaper installation, without any plugins running?
- did you check in task manager if there are cpu-consuming processes?

Besides that, it might be a good idea to remove some of drivers that lingered from before the upgrade to win10, then download newest versions from your motherboard manufacturer's site (preferably specific win10 drivers) and install them. In case the manufacturer doesn't list drivers for win10, try to download from the parts manufacturers' respective sites. Most important are video (for all your cards, incl. integrated) and chipset drivers. Then it also makes sense to reinstall audio drivers (for all your cards, incl. internal) and USB, FireWire, ahci and network. Also a bios update might do the trick.
innuendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:34 PM   #73
djjedidiah

Don't use dpclat with windows 10.

Per the website:

"The DPC latency utility runs on Windows 8 but does not show correct values"

Therefore it's probably the same with Windows 10.
djjedidiah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #74
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjedidiah View Post
Don't use dpclat with windows 10.

Per the website:

"The DPC latency utility runs on Windows 8 but does not show correct values"

Therefore it's probably the same with Windows 10.
Maybe this one...

http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon
Old 09-08-2015, 09:39 PM   #75
Aymara

Sony announced, that Vaio owners should wait for driver updates from Sony ... this will last until middle of fall.

Chris
Aymara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 01:44 AM   #76
synthie

Thanks for your help guys. To clarify, the 1000us were from dpclat, I didn't know that it can't be used for Win10.

- Is there any involvement of midi in your setup?
Not yet, I'm just setting up and disconnected everything that isn't essential
- Are you sure you are using latest official ASIO drivers? Are they correctly set in Reaper?
Well, the latest for the Saffire LE which is a legacy product. They're correctly set in Reaper.
- what buffer settings are defined in your drivers?
The Saffire shows Asio Buffer size: 10ms, Firewire Buffer Size 2ms. Reaper now shows 11/15ms.
- did you try wasapi?
Yes, shows 16/45 ms but with drops outs and crackles.
- did you try this with a fresh portable reaper installation, without any plugins running?
Only with a fresh installation, most plugins are not yet registered so the most offensive ones I'm not using, yet.
- did you check in task manager if there are cpu-consuming processes?
Yes, nothing there.

I have the latest mobo and chipset drivers, haven't checked the rest but will do so.

Using latencymon still showed problems, both with services and the hard page file.

HOWEVER

In the meantime I used DoNotSpy10 (a program to prevent too much data being sent to MS) which disabled a lot of Services. After that the latency problems, crackles and pops 'seem' to have disappeared, which will be useful to know for others here as well. The hard page file spikes are still there, I'm not sure what to do about that.

I'll look into the other drivers and report back over the next couple of days with regard to the original latency problems.
Old 09-09-2015, 04:16 AM   #77
ivansc

Worry more about services than hard page faults - you are always going to get a few of those and from my limited experience it is not worth worrying bout them unless they are absurdly large in number.....
But services.... depends what is causing the redlines.
Old 09-13-2015, 10:33 PM   #78
sickamorz
Banned

I installed that piece of shit windows 10 now reaper no longer works. I think the ones on here said it works fine must be working for Microsoft. If I try to reinstall reaper it responds unsupported software.
Its time to reinstall windows 7 and know better to listen to unreliable sources in the future.
sickamorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:22 AM   #79
ivansc

You have to ask yourself where the problem lies, when there are patently thousands of people who transitioned to W10 with little or no fuss and by comparison what appears to be a tiny minority who have problems.
Its a numbers game and you certainly do appear to be on the losing side.

If you genuinely want help rationalising your system to use W10 as and when it becomes impossible to avoid, I would be more than willing to help you do it.
If you are just here to be negative and whine, fair enough - knock your socks off!!
Old 09-14-2015, 03:12 AM   #80
JHughes
Banned

I'd like to see one post by that person that makes any sense at all.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote