Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Music/Collaboration Discussion

Old 06-12-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Superfly76
Human being with feelings

Default New Organic Electro-Acoustic Album from Soulflier

Hey guys and gals,

Here's an album of mine completely mastered in and mostly mixed in Reaper. Soulflier is a departure from my typical folk rock stuff. I love all types of music. Around 2004 I started getting drawn into electronic music by bands like Moby, Radiohead, The Orb, Massive Attack, and Boards of Canada, to name a few. Guitar is my first love, but I was also drawn in to the world of synths and samples.

So without further adeau, here's a link to Soulflier's seminal Electro-Acoustic release:

http://soulflier.bandcamp.com/

I'd really love your feedback!

Doug McGee

Last edited by Superfly76; 06-13-2013 at 02:13 AM.
Superfly76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:17 PM   #2
jopatius

New dawn:

0:30 good first impression
1:24 the flute is a downshifter for me - I am really missing for a human voice

02:23 I can't take that flute anymore, it takes this song to elevator music category for me.

This is good production, not sure if the kick drum is right (it could be right, but when comparing to evgerything else that is what I am least sure of mixing-wise)

Quite frankly my first impression was Deep Forest, but instead of human voice samples I heard that flute which caused my internal circuits to malfunction. With right collaborators you could create hits or stuff that could play on the radio, I'm sure.
jopatius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Superfly76

Thanks for the feedback and the listen. Good stuff. I went through a phase where I was using my tin whistles and Chinese flutes a lot. I'll try to remember to keep it in moderation in the future.

I'll check out Deep Forest, never heard of them, or that song (just in case "Deep Forest" is a song title).