Old 01-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #1
COBI
Human being with feelings

Default No disk error message?

Hello all,

I'm just migrating from an old Windows XP to a new Windows 7 computer. Of course, that means having to reinstall REAPER, etc.

The REAPER part worked fine--almost. The etc. part? Well, that's a different story and a different thread.

The first time I started up REAPER, no problem. I was able to get it going and playback a file, though I had to go looking for the .wav file, and my VST effects were not there. But it played OK.

The next time I started REAPER, I got an error message: "There is no disk in the drive. Please insert a disk into drive \Device\Harddisk\DR2." (See attachment.) I canceled and things went on (apparently) OK.

But now I get this same error message every time I go to open REAPER. It doesn't seem to matter whether I "Cancel", "Try Again", or "Continue"; the message goes away and the program opens.

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong and how to get rid of this annoying (and false) message?
COBI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:26 PM   #2
Ollie
Super Moderator (no feelings)

Does anything in this thread http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=70023 point you to something?
Ollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2011, 07:35 PM   #3
COBI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ollie View Post
Does anything in this thread http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=70023 point you to something?
Yes, this does at least point me in the right direction. It indicates that the problem arose when I simply copied my old Plug-ins folder to the new REAPER installation location. So, apparently, I have one or more VST add-ins that is looking for a location that no longer exists (on my new computer).

OK, so the question then becomes: What to do about it? Must I relocate and reinstall each and every one of my old plug-ins? I was using a bunch of them, and I'm not even sure I can remember what they were or locate them...

Is there an easier way to resolve the problem?

Chuck
Old 01-14-2011, 07:55 PM   #4
COBI

Strangely, the message went away. For no apparent reason. I don't get it. I didn't change a thing. Whatever. I guess it's a Good Thing.

Now if I could just figure out how to get my VSTs back...