Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 01-04-2019, 08:22 AM   #1
Netchicks
Human being with feelings

Default Media Explorer: Issue with viewing anything

For some reason my media explorer wont show any of my shortcuts or databases. It will only show folders and other files if it is set to the "List" mode. If it is set to "details" it will not show anything. This issue does not come up if I open a fresh install of reaper. I've tried to export the reaper configuration, made a fresh install of reaper and then imported the configuration again. This did not fix the issue. The linked images show how my media explorer looks like, both with the "list" and the "details" view.

https://imgur.com/a/28s71QF

Edit:
Using Windows explorer allows me to see files and folders, but the shortcuts and databases are still missing

Last edited by Netchicks; 01-04-2019 at 08:31 AM. Reason: forgot to add info
Netchicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2019, 06:11 AM   #2
solger

Might perhaps be the case that the shortcut column is dragged all the way to the left.
So try to place the mouse cursor over the top left corner in the lightgray panel areas (where the column headers would normally be shown) and see if it changes to a 'Drag'-icon in order to click & drag the column width back to the right.

Another option you can try:

1) Options > Show REAPER resource path ...
2) Open the 'reaper.ini' file with a text editor
3) Search for the shortcut_col0= line in the [reaper_explorer] section and change the column width value to something like shortcut_col0=200 (in case it's zero or very small)
4) Save the changes and restart Reaper afterwards

Last edited by solger; 01-05-2019 at 06:46 AM.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2019, 06:12 PM   #3
Netchicks

The shortcut panel is there, it just doesnt show anything. the screenshots provided clearly shows this
Old 01-07-2019, 09:49 AM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netchicks View Post
The shortcut panel is there, it just doesnt show anything. the screenshots provided clearly shows this
Yeah, I have seen the screenshots. Did you already give the things I suggested a try?

In case it might perhaps not be clear to what I'm referring to in my previous post, here's a short screen capture: https://imgur.com/a/GOUYlA2

The shortcut column width in the left panel can be adjusted by doing a mouse drag or by editing the 'shortcut_col0' value in the reaper.ini config file.
The columns in the right panel can be shown/hidden via the right-click menu or by doing a mouse drag.

Last edited by solger; 01-07-2019 at 10:38 AM. Reason: added screen capture
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #5
Netchicks

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Yeah, I have seen the screenshots. Did you already give the things I suggested a try?

In case it might perhaps not be clear to what I'm referring to in my previous post, here's a short screen capture: https://imgur.com/a/GOUYlA2

The shortcut column width in the left panel can be adjusted by doing a mouse drag or by editing the 'shortcut_col0' value in the reaper.ini config file.
The columns in the right panel can be shown/hidden via the right-click menu or by doing a mouse drag.
You are a blessing man. Thank you so much! Editing the .ini file did nothing earlier, but following the gif provided did the trick. Again, thank you so much!
Old 01-08-2019, 09:27 AM   #6
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netchicks View Post
Thank you so much! Editing the .ini file did nothing earlier, but following the gif provided did the trick.
Great
Old 01-16-2023, 06:19 AM   #7
MagicRat

Quote:
Originally Posted by solger View Post
Might perhaps be the case that the shortcut column is dragged all the way to the left. ...
Thnx, same problem here.

This should be fixed imo. At least the cursor should give a hint that there is something extra to drag here.
MagicRat is offline   Reply With Quote