Old 09-18-2011, 04:33 PM   #1161
gwok
Human being with feelings

Default logic actions

hey guys, I have a question maybe you could speculate on.

Would it be possible to make "logic" type actions. Like

if no track selected - select track 1
if no item selected, selected, select first item on selected track

and then further, if this type of thing was possible, could it be taken further and have entry\exit points in a macro chain ie

if no track selected>exit macro
if no track selected>go to re-entry action in macro (this would be a special action that would connect to the if no, hence skipping the middle actions.

especially if the "if no" (and other like logic) was it's own action, then it could be assigned to the NEXT action - ie

>IF NO
>track selected
>select track 1

or

>IF NO
>item selected
>exit macro

or

>IF
>item selected
>AND (another logic action)
>track selected
>(actions here.......)

this I THINK? would make for all sorts of insane possibilites, allowing macro's to be "dynamic" in that they can STOP or SKIP processing based on certain criteria - so the question is, is this type of thing possible?
gwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:06 PM   #1162
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachz View Post
I'm trying to toggle all record enabled tracks off and then be able to toggle them back on.
This could probably be done with a custom action. Have a fiddle and if you get stuck, you could post back here and we might be able to help.

In Samplitude toggling record arm on the folder track toggles all tracks inside the folder. Perhaps this could be part of the suggested 'folder modes' (Submix, VCA, folder-only) implementation for REAPER.
daxliniere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 05:14 PM   #1163
Coachz

I had a fiddle before i posted here. :-). Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Coachz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 06:53 PM   #1164
sws
Code Monkey

Coachz: I'm confused. The "toolbar" toggle arm action works totally fine as a shortcut key here.

Gwok: Logic in macros is definitely not possible from SWS, gotta ask Cockos for that. Really that's what Reascript is for, IMO.
However, actions like your first example are possible, sure.
sws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2011, 08:21 PM   #1165
gwok

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post

Gwok: Logic in macros is definitely not possible from SWS, gotta ask Cockos for that. Really that's what Reascript is for, IMO.
as i suspected - might be a worthwhile endevour for Cockos at some point IMHO
Old 09-19-2011, 03:15 AM   #1166
Coachz

Ill try with a different key tonight. I assigned the Pause key. Thanks sws !

Quote:
Originally Posted by sws View Post
Coachz: I'm confused. The "toolbar" toggle arm action works totally fine as a shortcut key here.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:11 PM   #1167
Coachz

Pause key was the problem. Reaper lets me assign it fine but doesn't do anything :-). I assigned a different key and all is well. Thanks !
Old 09-21-2011, 03:26 AM   #1168
daxliniere

Hey, I think there may be a problem with some of the move cursor actions.

I'm trying to use some simple custom actions, for example;

View: Move edit cursor to mouse cursor (no snapping)
SWS: Move cursor left by default fade length
Item: Split item and edit cursor (no change selection)

I have 'create automatic fade-in/out for new items, length:" and "Overlap and crossfade items when splitting, length:" both enabled and both set to 0:00.007, but the split is always miles away from where it should be.

I've also tried it with the "Xenakios/SWS: Move cursor left/right configured seconds" actions and they seem to not work either, even though in the SWS Extension Command Parameters window, I have it set to 0.007 seconds.

Any ideas what's going on?
Old 09-21-2011, 06:21 AM   #1169
Mercado_Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by daxliniere View Post
Hey, I think there may be a problem with some of the move cursor actions.

I'm trying to use some simple custom actions, for example;

View: Move edit cursor to mouse cursor (no snapping)
SWS: Move cursor left by default fade length
Item: Split item and edit cursor (no change selection)

I have 'create automatic fade-in/out for new items, length:" and "Overlap and crossfade items when splitting, length:" both enabled and both set to 0:00.007, but the split is always miles away from where it should be.

I've also tried it with the "Xenakios/SWS: Move cursor left/right configured seconds" actions and they seem to not work either, even though in the SWS Extension Command Parameters window, I have it set to 0.007 seconds.

Any ideas what's going on?
FWIW, "split item at edit cursor (select left)" does what you're looking for.
Old 09-21-2011, 06:53 AM   #1170
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercado_Negro View Post
FWIW, "split item at edit cursor (select left)" does what you're looking for.
Excellent Mercado! Thanks for that one. (actually "SWS/AW: Split selected items at edit cursor w/crossfade on left" is more what I wanted)

I still think those actions I mentioned might be broken, though.

Hey, did you read my PM from the other day?
Old 09-21-2011, 08:23 AM   #1171
Sound asleep

Quote:
If I understand what you are asking for correctly, the letter T (and SHIFT+T) should do this.
for sure i bound T to something else, but shift+T i might be good. hopefully you're right, i couldn't find this action by name though. can't wait to check it out. thx.
Sound asleep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:37 AM   #1172
Sound asleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwok View Post
as i suspected - might be a worthwhile endevour for Cockos at some point IMHO
well if they made reaper open source, then you could put logic into it. that would be a whole other level of customization.

for me, i love the idea, but i know that i would only use it every once in a while, and i'm sure i would encounter situations where i need an action or a state that isn't there, or it would end up too much work.

but it would be really cool.

the other thing is, i have a feeling that stuff like that will develop bugs and things and it would be really hard for cockos to fix stuff because everybody would be runnign around with different reapers.

but, maybe if they could have some kind of limited logic with current actions and maybe extra ones here or there, that might not be so bad. idk.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:51 AM   #1173
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound asleep View Post
for sure i bound T to something else, but shift+T i might be good. hopefully you're right, i couldn't find this action by name though. can't wait to check it out. thx.
The actions you're looking for are:
Take: Switch items to next take
Take: Switch items to previous take

The thing about using SHIFT+T is that it behaves in a typical 'reverse' fashion.
For example, in Windows, hold ALT and press TAB and you get the task switcher. While holding ALT, also hold SHIFT. Now every time you press TAB, you will scroll BACKWARDS through the open programs.
This is true for many programs.
T is next take, SHIFT+T is previous take. Not a big deal if you only have 2-4 takes, though.

Quote:
well if they made reaper open source, then you could put logic into it. that would be a whole other level of customization.
Both Perl and Python scripting languages are supported in REAPER. I believe you can achieve quite a bit with these.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:10 AM   #1174
Sound asleep

Quote:
If I understand what you are asking for correctly, the letter T (and SHIFT+T) should do this.
Nice, thank you, that worked. played around with it a bit, so there may be behaviours i don't expect, but from what i can tell, this is exactly what i wanted. thanks alot man.
Old 09-22-2011, 09:16 AM   #1175
Sound asleep

Quote:
The actions you're looking for are:
Take: Switch items to next take
Take: Switch items to previous take

The thing about using SHIFT+T is that it behaves in a typical 'reverse' fashion.
My up down arrows cycle through tracks, my left and right arrows take me to next/previous marker.

my ctrl up and down cycle me up and down through takes, and ctrl left and right cycle me through sections of takes, select next/previous adjacent item.

this i like, now, the only issue for me, is being able to click somewhere on one of my take items and have my edit cursor go there, without changing which take is selected, and then my dream will have come true.

i found an action that almost did that, it seemed to do that if you read it, but it doesn't. i did find an action to change selected take without moving edit cursor, which is cool, but i'd like to find the opposite, to change edit cursor without selecting take, and then i can mouse modify between the two. and then my takes situation will be awesome.

really there are 2 scripting languages we can use? that's quite awesome. unfortunately, i find myself already doing alot of posting and binding actions, and creating icons, and all that for reaper. it always seems to me a good idea for the long run, but i hate having to do that. i always figure out stuff i want to change while i'm doing music, and i don't like being interrupted while i do music. so it kind of sucks. ideally i could spend less time configuring reaper and more time using it.

that is good to know though, i might give it a go at some point. now, my reaper is quite valuable to me. it has alot of my work in it, alot of my own customizations. so i've become quite the backup nazi with my reaper.

which brings me to a decent idea. a reaper backup server, where you can have your account, and backup your settings to it, on reaper servers. problem is some of those things would be images, which might be too costly of a service to provide for reaper that is sold at budget prices.

Last edited by Sound asleep; 09-22-2011 at 09:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:36 AM   #1176
daxliniere

Quote:
this i like, now, the only issue for me, is being able to click somewhere on one of my take items and have my edit cursor go there, without changing which take is selected, and then my dream will have come true.
You have 2 options;
1) Assign a key to the "move edit cursor to mouse cursor" action, or
2) Dive through the Mouse Modifiers in preferences, there might be a way to do it there.

HTH,
Old 09-23-2011, 07:35 PM   #1177
Sound asleep

Quote:
You have 2 options;
2) Dive through the Mouse Modifiers in preferences, there might be a way to do it there.

HTH,
looked through mouse modifiers found something that sounded right but wasn't. maybe i missed something though, it's b e known to happen.

but, if i could assign move edit cursor to mouse cursor as my ctrl+left click, that might work, nice, thanks man. i'm going to try that right now.

....ballsack, i was going to type earlier "i'm not sure exactly how i missed that, but thank you, that's a great idea" or something to that effect, i go into my preferences all happy and optimistic that this was going to work, and lo and behold, that was the action i thought sounded like it would do what i want, yet wasn't. it still selected the track under the mouse cursor. dang nabbit.
Old 09-23-2011, 07:43 PM   #1178
daxliniere

Quote:
...dang nabbit.
Heh, I know that feeling.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:22 AM   #1179
gwok

hey Tim and Jeffos, thanks for all the recent work -
Old 09-26-2011, 08:37 AM   #1180
Sound asleep

Quote:
You have 2 options;

HTH,
I think no matter what action you choose to put for left mouse click, it will always also select item beneath mouse cursor.

i'm going to investigate further, there may be a higher level action that is set to select media item. i was playing around in media item hierarchy, so i'll look for that, but it may be that there is some sort of universal setting that is non configurable that will always select media item on mouse click. if this is the case then sws won't be able to address that.

well, that didn't take long, there's not really anything anywhere else where select media item exists, so i think something needs to be changed in the way reaper itself works. on to the feature requests thread.
Old 09-26-2011, 03:44 PM   #1181
daxliniere

Quote:
I think no matter what action you choose to put for left mouse click, it will always also select item beneath mouse cursor.
Hmmm, yes. Changing Media Item|Left click|Default Action from select item to a blank custom action still selects the item.

I guess this is a 'bug' per se. You may feel like reporting it, though I'm not surprised no-one has ever noticed this bug.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:28 PM   #1182
daxliniere

Hey Tim/Jeffos,
How do you feel about create an extension that would place selected tracks into unused group and set the user's default group flags?
The group name should be renamed to include an asterisk character at the end, making it easy to see, at a glance, that the group is already in use.

In fact, it would be great if all 'occupied' groups had an * character in their name, but I guess that's probably outside the realm of extensions.

Last edited by daxliniere; 09-27-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2011, 07:00 AM   #1183
Coachz

Can anyone tell me why my Drums child tracks are not being colored please?

Old 10-01-2011, 07:34 AM   #1184
AdamWathan

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why my Drums child tracks are not being colored please?

Swap number 11 and 12, children needs to come before folder in the priority sequence.
AdamWathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:42 AM   #1185
Coachz

works like a BOSS. thanks !!
Old 10-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #1186
daxliniere

Quote:
works like a BOSS.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c
Old 10-03-2011, 02:26 AM   #1187
daxliniere

Hey guys,

Something you might be interested in;
http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=823660

All the best,
Old 10-03-2011, 06:46 AM   #1188
nikar

Not sure if this is reported before.

Select an audio item
run action transpose MIDI item (up or down)

I know this a MIDI action but I have it on a button and had an audio item selected unknowingly. Should just give an error this is for MIDI items only but instead instant crash runtime error.

Reported over in SWS tracker as well.
nikar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 11:45 AM   #1189
tweed

Default Live Config

Need a couple of pointers on Live Configs:

Objective: use Live Configs to trigger ONLY action-macros put in "Activate Action"
list/field without using 'active track' or the load templates column/feature. Possible? Better plan?

If there's something elegant I'm missing I'm interested.

Using Live Configs I'm trying to deduce IF I can use ONLY the 'Activate action' field.
Presently Track Templates via Custom action macros.

Looking in reaper-kb.ini and of course the action list's hidden columns
I find code that looks like what I should maybe put in the Activate Action Field.
No idea exactly what and have tried and searched.

So, is it possible to use JUST the Activate action field?
Is this what I'd do to trigger ONLY my Custom Action Macro?
IS there's something way better I've missed?

How do I find the code I need to insert for my Custom action macro?
Is there anything tricky about inserting the code? Live Configs has me quite puzzled.

I don't believe I want to use the load track template column/fields nor the Input Track column/field.
Just thinking I would like to try loading multi-track Custom Action macros only, with Live Configs triggering.

May as well ask if there's any gottchas or tips for using controllers to trigger Live Config Slots! Controllers?
I read there's a plugin that perhaps smooths turning a controller knob and then
stopping on a certain desired controller, that then triggers the live config slot.
Haven't gotten to that point yet.

rambling on! Thanks for thinking. truly.

Last edited by tweed; 10-08-2011 at 01:06 PM.
tweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #1190
Seventh

Default Help! Certain actions crashing Reaper

Using either "SWS: Wait for next bar (if playing)" or "SWS: Wait for next beat (if playing)" on OSX is causing Reaper to freeze.

(ok I reported it on the bug tracker)

Last edited by Seventh; 10-08-2011 at 02:41 PM.
Seventh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 01:48 PM   #1191
Tod

Question regarding:

SWS/S&M: Active ME - Save dispayed CC lanes, slot 01
SWS/S&M: Active ME - Restore dispayed CC lanes, slot 01

and how they are Exported and Imported.

After a little testing, I can see that the shortcut keys associated with these actions
appear to be Exported/Imported but what gets saved in the slot#s" does not.

Is there any way to also Save/Retrieve what gets saved in the Slot#s?
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 04:32 PM   #1192
XITE-1/4LIVE

Thanks So much for the choice of Beat and Time per tracks.
Audio and MIDI working together, yet seperate is crucial.

mucho Thanks...
Old 10-14-2011, 12:58 PM   #1193
Jeffos
Mortal

@Tweed: I think it's really time to write a proper doc about the Live Configs.. Coming soon..

@Tod: your CC lanes are saved in the S&M.ini file so you can use REAPER's import/export configuration tool (that loads/saves .ReaperConfigZip files) to export/import this file + your shorcuts at the same time (there's also the free jazz way: manual copy/paste of "CC_LANES_SLOTx" from this file to another..).
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 02:11 PM   #1194
Tod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffos View Post
@Tod: your CC lanes are saved in the S&M.ini file so you can use REAPER's import/export configuration tool (that loads/saves .ReaperConfigZip files) to export/import this file + your shorcuts at the same time (there's also the free jazz way: manual copy/paste of "CC_LANES_SLOTx" from this file to another..).
Thanks Jeffos, yeah I figured that out. I think just copy/pasteing the slots in the S&M.ini file will work best.

I take it that the 2nd #s (151, 152, 122, 84) is the pixel height of the lanes right?

CC_LANES_SLOT1=VELLANE 2 151 0|VELLANE 1 152 0|VELLANE 7 122 0|VELLANE -1 84 0
Tod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 06:13 PM   #1195
Breeder

I found this great plugs made by Jeffos. Topic is locked so I`ll just ask here if you don`t mind!

These plugs don`t work when bridged in x64 reaper. Any chance we see that fixed?

Last edited by Breeder; 10-14-2011 at 06:20 PM.
Breeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:36 PM   #1196
musicbynumbers

DEVS, please add these to the install if jeffos says it's ok to

they are so useful but so well hid

edit.. that's if jeffos considers them finished! lol

Last edited by musicbynumbers; 10-18-2011 at 02:36 PM.
musicbynumbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 09:24 AM   #1197
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicbynumbers View Post
DEVS, please add these to the intall if jeffos says it's ok to

they are so useful but so well hid

edit.. that's if jeffos considers them finished! lol
+1 +1 +1 +1
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 01:48 PM   #1198
Aries1985

@Jeffos: Thank you for the great plugin.

Recently I was looking at the source code to find how to manipulate track properties. I found the SetMediaTrackInfo_Value and GetMediaTrackInfo_Value functions you use. I wonder, have you found any API that handles track routing? I am missing some automated track routing setting and I considered that I could extend your plugin and make it part of it, if you would be interested.

I would like to have function that would allow on selected tracks:
- add MIDI receive on given channel from specified track
- add MIDI send to given channel to specified track

Thank you for any help.
Aries1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 12:31 AM   #1199
neilerua
Poor lonesome cowboy

Default FR

I'm a Rock Solid theme user, there are a plenty of track and mixer layouts availlable in this theme,
It would be so handy if an "auto layout feature" been included in the autocolor/icon window for TCP and MCP...
@ jeffos (and other french speakers !) : If i'm not clear enough, take a look here
http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...&postcount=250
neilerua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #1200
daxliniere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aries1985 View Post
I would like to have function that would allow on selected tracks:
- add MIDI receive on given channel from specified track
- add MIDI send to given channel to specified track
Yeah, I would like the same thing, but for audio sends.

I modified my context menus for the mixer sends area to contain a custom action that creates a new track at the end of the project (which is where I keep my auxes) and colours it purple (my colour of choice for auxes).
Then I need to manually create a send to this new 'aux track', but it would be even better if I could make that custom action do that part too (Basically a "Create new aux and send to it" action).

All the best,