Old 02-09-2016, 02:31 AM   #1
Ash
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper recording all other tracks playing

Hey folks!
So every time I try to record a new track on reaper it records all the other tracks plating (click and percussions and guitars etc). There is no loop as far as my knowledge goes (I only used it for a week or so) and again as far as my knowledge go output and input are set oKay (guit:1/guit1). I have a tascam interface although I kind of doubt it has to do with that since even if I just try to record with no inputs and outputs plugged it will still record the click. Any help please???
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 02:43 AM   #2
DarkStar

Hello Ash and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information. Make sure that you get the excellent User Guide too:
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/userguide.php

I reckon that all the audio sent form Reaper to the Tascam is being mixed in with the new input to the Tascam and the whole lot is sent back into Reaper where it is recorded.

Have a look at the routing options within the Tascam. Which one do you have, by the way?

Last edited by DarkStar; 02-16-2016 at 07:32 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 06:28 AM   #3
Ash

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkStar View Post
Hello Ash and welcome to these forums. You'll find many helpful people here and a lot of useful information. Make sure that you get the excellent User Guide too:
http://www.cockos.com/reaper/userguide.php

I reckon that all the audio sent form Reaper to the Tascam is being mixed in with the new input to the Tascam and the whole lot is sent back into Reaper where it is recorded.

Have a looking at the routing options within the Tascam. Which one do you have, by the way?

I reckon it does have to do with routing as I moved some stuff about and it is not recording all of the tracks playing anymore... although now even if they're playing I cannot hear them back
Thanks for your time and for welcoming me. I appreciate. The guide does not seem to have criteria for routing does it?
Old 02-09-2016, 10:01 AM   #4
DarkStar

Yes, it does have lots of details about routeing.

To help us help you can you provide details of your project and what you've done so far? Otherwise we wou8ld only be guessing. You could upload te problem project or post some screenshots.

How to post attachments (in Post #1)
How to post screenshots(in Post #2)
Old 02-16-2016, 06:57 AM   #5
Ash

Quote:
Yes, it does have lots of details about routeing.

To help us help you can you provide details of your project and what you've done so far? Otherwise we wou8ld only be guessing. You could upload te problem project or post some screenshots.

How to post attachments (in Post #1)
How to post screenshots(in Post #2)
Even if I only open a new project and put the click it records the click, even if I put no input and try to record it records the click or every other thing recorded I can still post it if you think it will help. Thanks
Old 02-16-2016, 07:31 AM   #6
DarkStar

... in that case
Quote:
Have a look at the routing options within the Tascam. Which one do you have, by the way?
Old 02-16-2016, 09:01 AM   #7
Ash

Quote:
... in that case
http://imgur.com/PTFg5bX I think it has something to do with that thing being red could it be that?

here is the routing too http://imgur.com/a/YfCZU
Thank you so much
Old 02-16-2016, 09:14 AM   #8
DarkStar

That "thing being red" is the "Arm track for recording" button, it's red when the track is armed. And the Routing Matrix shows that the track is receiving audio from "Ch 1" of your Tascam.

I believe that audio from the click track in Reaper is being sent out to the Tascam and being routed from there back into Reaper (on ch 1) where it is heard / recorded on track 1.

That's why I said look at the Tascam configuration; if you let us know which one you are using we could help more. (Apologies if it is listed in your signature)

Last edited by DarkStar; 02-17-2016 at 08:34 AM.
DarkStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 02:56 PM   #9
Ash

Quote:
That "thing being red" is the "Arm track for recording" button, it's red when the track is armed. And the Routing Matrix shows that the track is receiving audio from "Ch 1" of your Tascam.

I believe that audio from the click track in Reaper is being sent out to the Tascam and being routed from there back into Reaper (on ch 1) where it is heard / recorded on track 1.

That's why I said look at the Tascam configuration; if you let us know which one you are using we could help more. (Apologies if it is listed in your signature)
http://imgur.com/a/4JE0p
I was pointing out the thing being red because now is yellow and I think it might be the computer's mic. I think it considers the laptop itself an input and although even if I mute the laptop it still records the clicker. thanks again