fixed

* v1.1pre9 (2019-08-06)
# fix: drop into items takes for v5.981+
Thx 😍
Reflected is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 06:13 PM   #164
mehmethan
Human being with feelings

Hi Heda, I want to ask if these are possible?

-Change the mouse pointer shape when draging templates into tracks.
-Focus text box when script is opened.
-Zoom in/out to directories when "show directories pane" is active.

Bug:
The text box is working only when the mouse is over the GUI. If the mouse is somewhere else like arrange window text box is not working.

Last edited by mehmethan; 08-29-2019 at 07:19 PM.
mehmethan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 12:08 PM   #165
heda

I tried long time ago with the REAPER API function to change the cursor and it was not working when the cursor was outside the script window
To save CPU the script doesn't update if the mouse is outside the window. But I should fix that, thanks
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2019, 10:02 AM   #166
istominmusic

Default Help! After update script - his not work!

Today i install new update of HEDA Track template. When i try use - his dont work
I show you in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU_g...ature=youtu.be
istominmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #167
blumpy

Default Can you add audition?

These scripts are great. I use track templates daily on a monitor with a touch screen so I can just touch the icon for the sound that I want.

It would be great if there were an audition feature added to this along with lists.

So I could be looking at a list of thousands of sounds and in HeDa Track Templates, "audition mode" you click on the track template, a channel is created for it, If you like the sound you can keep it and if you don't you can select the next track and the previous will be deleted.

Is that possible to add? I'd pay extra for it. What would it cost?
blumpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2019, 08:03 AM   #168
heda

Blumpy. So the thing you need is some mode that deletes previous imported track? It would be possible, yes.
Old 10-17-2019, 08:05 AM   #169
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by istominmusic View Post
Today i install new update of HEDA Track template. When i try use - his dont work
I show you in video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oU_g...ature=youtu.be
Sorry I've just seen your post. But I'm not sure why it wouldn't work in your case. Which update caused this?
Old 10-17-2019, 09:17 AM   #170
blumpy

Default Audition

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
Blumpy. So the thing you need is some mode that deletes previous imported track? It would be possible, yes.
Pretty much. I think the idea of an audition mode would be the least number of steps involved to try out each sound. One hotkey/button would be optimal. It would also be nice to see as many names as possible (think list or small icon view in file explorer). Icons are great for specific plugins but for a template with thousands of tracks you just want to see as many names as possible.

A workflow example would be I press a hot key or a button in the HeDa Track Template window that engages audition mode, and two other button; "up" and a "down" arrows that audition the previous or next track. I select a sound. That track is created. If I hit next or previous again (or a hot key like up and down arrow) the prior auditioned track is removed and the next or previous track in the list is auditioned. If I engage record or after a certain amount of time has passed audition is disengaged.

That workflow example is specific to my needs but something like that. You primarily want to keep your hands on the keyboard when auditioning and you want to go through tracks as quickly as possible.
Old 10-17-2019, 10:24 AM   #171
heda

I thought the reason of using this script was to have bigger buttons to work with the tablet touch. If you need many small sounds displayed at the same time, why don't you use REAPER's media explorer?
Old 10-17-2019, 10:32 AM   #172
_Stevie_

I have to agree, some kind of list view would be great.

And why no media explorer? Because your script shows icons/symbols
Old 10-17-2019, 11:01 AM   #173
blumpy

Default Audition.

I use heda template for plugin fx chains and vsti’s but I’d like to be able to audition sounds as if I’m running a larger track count template.

I don’t want to have thousands of tracks loaded so I can quickly audition tracks. When you run a template of that size they’re usually running Vienna ensemble pro which is just a pain. Logic pro’s way to remedy this is to have lots of tracks but the AU’s do not load until you click on the track. I was working on a different solution for a project template which all of the tracks hidden (so reaper’s gui stays snappy) and I can turn FX on and offline quickly.

What I’d rather have is the ability audition tracks in track template in a one button solution and not have to have all of the tracks open and just be able to click “next” to audition tracks

Using reaper’s built in track template list requires many steps. I’m looking for one step, or two at most. So I can quickly audition sounds.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:12 AM   #174
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
I have to agree, some kind of list view would be great.

And why no media explorer? Because your script shows icons/symbols
but then in a list view, the icons would be small isn't it?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:17 AM   #175
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by blumpy View Post
I use heda template for plugin fx chains and vsti’s but I’d like to be able to audition sounds as if I’m running a larger track count template.

I don’t want to have thousands of tracks loaded so I can quickly audition tracks. When you run a template of that size they’re usually running Vienna ensemble pro which is just a pain. Logic pro’s way to remedy this is to have lots of tracks but the AU’s do not load until you click on the track. I was working on a different solution for a project template which all of the tracks hidden (so reaper’s gui stays snappy) and I can turn FX on and offline quickly.

What I’d rather have is the ability audition tracks in track template in a one button solution and not have to have all of the tracks open and just be able to click “next” to audition tracks

Using reaper’s built in track template list requires many steps. I’m looking for one step, or two at most. So I can quickly audition sounds.
I still don't understand exactly what is your workflow, I thought you were loading sounds... like track templates with wav audio items... if you are going to be using VSTi instruments, it will take some time to load the tracks. I mean it will never be quick to audition until the VSTi is loaded. But I think it would be easy to add a button that toggles a mode of deleting previously loaded track. Keyboard shortcuts I'm not sure.. if the script loses focus when the template is loaded, then the shortcut doesn't work until you focus again on the script... unless... maybe adding them as external actions that communicate with the script... mmm yes maybe it is possible too just thinking as I type.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:34 AM   #176
_Stevie_

Quote:
but then in a list view, the icons would be small isn't it?
But still good enough for a visual orientation!
Old 10-17-2019, 11:35 AM   #177
_Stevie_

Quote:
I still don't understand exactly what is your workflow, I thought you were loading sounds... like track templates with wav audio items... if you are going to be using VSTi instruments, it will take some time to load the tracks. I mean it will never be quick to audition until the VSTi is loaded. But I think it would be easy to add a button that toggles a mode of deleting previously loaded track. Keyboard shortcuts I'm not sure.. if the script loses focus when the template is loaded, then the shortcut doesn't work until you focus again on the script... unless... maybe adding them as external actions that communicate with the script... mmm yes maybe it is possible too just thinking as I type.
I think Blumpy is talking about something like Komplete Kontrol, where you can audition sounds. But to be honest, I'm not sure how Hector should pull that off?
How would sound exmamples be generated, manually, automatically? And if so: how?
Old 10-17-2019, 11:40 AM   #178
heda

I don't know what do you mean with Komplete Kontrol example, but, auditioning sounds, Does it mean playing a pre-recorded wav file? Or playing MIDI through the just loaded track template?
There could be a wav file with the same name as the template, with the sounds of that instrument, so one could play those wavs as a preview before loading the VSTi. But it would be just a fixed preview.
Old 10-17-2019, 11:42 AM   #179
_Stevie_

Komplete Kontrol is a software from Native Instruments. It holds pretty much alle NI libraries and 3rd party libraries that are based on NI products. The manufacturers provide OGG files as an audio preview. Usually it's just a single note at a certain pitch. So not really helpful.
Old 10-17-2019, 12:49 PM   #180
blumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Stevie_ View Post
Komplete Kontrol is a software from Native Instruments. It holds pretty much alle NI libraries and 3rd party libraries that are based on NI products. The manufacturers provide OGG files as an audio preview. Usually it's just a single note at a certain pitch. So not really helpful.
Yeah, I want to be able to play the sound and I'm not using a ton of NI... Opening track templates is pretty fast for me.

I just find that running a 2 or 3 thousand track template unwieldy. I'd prefer to have the auditioning of sounds separate from the arrangement window. I've been doing it by hiding the track template session in track manager, but it's still clumsy and requires several steps to select the track, toggle online/offline, the track manager loses focus and I have to mouse over to unselect the sound, then maybe I can do a hotkey to repeat for the next sound. I've tried creating an action to do all this but the problem is losing focus on the track manager and frankly I'd rather keep the session clean and not loaded with thousands of tracks.

So I think a HeDa track templates with auditioning next and previous tracks would be a better solution.
Old 10-21-2019, 10:50 AM   #181
_Stevie_

I had a second thought, Hector... Maybe you could add some similar as for the template icons:

An audio file (wav, mp3, ogg...) that has the same name as the track template will be played back.
Of course the user would have to take care of the audio file creation.
Old 10-22-2019, 01:28 PM   #182
heda

Default v1.1pre10 (2019-10-22)

small update for FX Chains. It doesn't work on Track Templates. Only on FX Chains.. so to test this, you have to switch mode to FX, pressing the TT button.

* v1.1pre10 (2019-10-22)
+ ALT+click to replace FX Chain instead of adding FX chain.
+ Setting: Replace existing FX chains (in this case ALT+click adds, not replaces)
Old 10-28-2019, 12:07 PM   #183
heda

Default v1.1pre11 (2019-10-28)

new update

many new ideas coming in the discord chat(link in my signature)... stay tuned

* v1.1pre11 (2019-10-28)
+ Setting: Rename track with FX chain name
+ CTRL+click to rename track with FX Chain name
+ Setting: Insert Track Templates as children
# fix: search box works with mouse outside window
# Del key to clear entire search box
# fix: disable buttons while dragging in search box
Old 10-29-2019, 03:01 AM   #184
heda

Default v1.1pre12 (2019-10-29)

* v1.1pre12 (2019-10-29)
# fix: inserting track template as children when selected track is already a folder
# fix: inserting track template as children when selected track is last in folder
# fix: inserting track template normally when selected track is last in folder

fixing bugs reported from betatesting team

now it should work as expected on tracks that are already folders or last in folders

this is normal mode (which includes another fix for last in folder in normal mode)

and this is inserting as children mode.
Old 10-30-2019, 07:25 AM   #185
heda

Default v1.1pre13 (2019-10-30)

new update

This adds an easy method in the menu to save current configuration to a new instance configuration. New action is added to REAPER. For example. Let's say you like the position of the window and the size of the icons and the search terms for a specific task. Then save it as a new instance, give it a name and then you have a new action with that name that will have that configuration.

I thinking if it would be useful a setting to lock configuration too to prevent changes to make sure that these instances always starts the same as when they were saved. Let me know if that is interesting or not.

now search box searches each word and not the entire string which is more useful for filtering.

and some bug fixes as usual

* v1.1pre13 (2019-10-30)
+ Menu: Save current configuration as new instance (new REAPER action is added)
# search box: search by each word
# fix: crash if no track is selected
# fix: mouse click detect on folders broken in pre11
Old 11-04-2019, 07:03 PM   #186
heda

Default v1.1pre14 (2019-11-04)

I forgot to mention yesterday's update here again...
this has a nice performance improvement if you use many images. The window opens much faster. Try it!

* v1.1pre14 (2019-11-04)
+ Performance: Increase performance when opening the window. delaying loading images as needed after window is opened.
+ Keyboard: up/down arrows to navigate by keyboard, enter to insert
+ Menu: Remember last search
# Settings: refresh toolbar button hidden by default.
# Settings: dock toolbar button hidden by default.
# fix: better minimum search box width before displaying it in a new line
# fix: Del key when mouse out of window
# fix: if the setting load icons is disabled, it was not showing images, but still loading them into memory
Old 11-05-2019, 02:47 AM   #187
Klangfarben

This is really great. Thank you so much Heda!!
Klangfarben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2019, 05:52 AM   #188
_Stevie_

Totally, HeDa you rock!
Old 11-07-2019, 06:27 AM   #189
heda

Default v1.1pre15 (2019-11-07)

Thank you guys!
TT is smarter than ever now
testing is required.

* v1.1pre15 (2019-11-07)
+ Smart Insert (Searches track with smart TI tag and inserts as last child from it)
+ Toolbar buttons for "Insert as Child", "Replace FX Chain", and "Rename Track with FX Chain name" modes.
+ Toolbar button for "Smart Inserting" as default mode
# fix: better fit toolbar buttons in window width
+ Right click menu
+ Right click Menu: Insert (always insert normally, independently of settings)
+ Right click Menu: Smart Insert (always smart insert normally, independently of settings)
+ Right click Menu: Add/Remove Favourite (same as right clicking before the menu)
+ Right click Menu: Set Smart Insert Tag (Define which TI tag to search for the parent)
Old 11-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #190
_Stevie_

Amazing stuff Héctor!!!
Old 11-18-2019, 12:36 PM   #191
heda

new big update coming!
it's going to be version 1.2
multiple selection.. tagging system, coloring system, search by tags... Run custom actions before and after inserting...

I am at testing phase, so you don't lose time with all the new small bugs. Expect a release soon!
Old 11-18-2019, 04:11 PM   #192
heda

Default v1.2pre1 (2019-11-18)

ok here it is

there are many new features and things rewritten, so there could be still some bugs out there. Please test it. Ask any question.

* v1.2pre1 (2019-11-18)
+ TT Tags: Add/Remove tags to track templates. These tags are converted to Track Inspector Tags when inserting the track template and TI is running.
+ Settings Menu: Action to run before inserting...
+ Settings Menu: Action to run after inserting...
+ Toolbar button: enable/disable run action before inserting
+ Toolbar button: enable/disable run action after inserting
+ Search by tag: Use # character in the edit box. ie: #Strings to search by tag Strings
+ Toolbar button: Show smart tags buttons to search by tag
+ Multiple selection support: For inserting and defining tags, smart tags, etc.
# CTRL+click to select multiple
# SHIFT+click to select multiple consecutively
+ Custom Colors for each template. Tints color over the items.
+ Settings Menu: Show Custom colors
# Favourites stored in sidecar .cfg files instead of instance settings file.
# Rename... also renames TT custom properties file (.cfg)
# fix insert as children with multiple depths levels
# when smart inserting scrolls inserted track into view
# many new bug fixes
Old 11-18-2019, 06:15 PM   #193
blumpy

Where do we get v1.2pre1? It's not showing up in the HeDaScripts manager....sorry if someone already asked...
Old 11-18-2019, 06:16 PM   #194
_Stevie_

There was an issue, which HeDa is fixing right now
Old 11-18-2019, 06:24 PM   #195
heda

Yes I am hoping to fix it quickly. sorry... I love bugs
Old 11-18-2019, 07:24 PM   #196
heda

Default v1.2pre2 (2019-11-19)

ok, released now
bugs were playing hide and seek
unfortunately for them, it was before 3am

* v1.2pre2 (2019-11-19)
# fix: problem selecting items when hiding subdirectories
# fix internal table for selection, problem still exists with directories panel enabled. will fix.
# fix crash related to tags in search box
# fix add/remove favourite with multiple selected
Old 11-23-2019, 06:09 AM   #197
heda

TT a bit smarter every day

smart tags to folders. If you know all your templates in that folder are going to have the same smart tag, you can now just smart tag the folder instead. so if you add new templates you don't need to remember to smart tag them.

Thank you _Stevie_ for constant ideas and testing
cheers!

* v1.2pre4 (2019-11-23)
+ smart tag folders. If template doesn't have smart tag, it would use folder smart tag.

* v1.2pre3 (2019-11-20)
# fix search box logic for multiple words as it was before (for filename searches)
# fix double click on search box to clear the search
Old 11-24-2019, 05:20 PM   #198
heda

Default v1.2pre5 (2019-11-25)

fixing the directories panel to support selection and right click menu.
Now we can also add tags to folders which means that the tags will be applied by Track Inspector to all templates inside the folder. Track Inspector needs to be updated too.
The list of tags in the right click menu has been changed to show the tags better and also a reminder list of parent directory tags if any. Clicking on these doesn't do anything, but clicking on the particular tags of the templates is used to remove the tag.

a few rebel bugs were hidden underground.. no more.

* v1.2pre5 (2019-11-25)
# fix directories panel right click and selection support.
+ tags on directories(folders). tags will be applied to all templates inside the directory
# smashing hidden underground rebel bugs
Old 11-25-2019, 01:35 PM   #199
_Stevie_

Quote:
Thank you _Stevie_ for constant ideas and testing
cheers!
Thank YOU for implementing them!
Old 12-03-2019, 01:25 PM   #200
heda

Default v1.2pre6 (2019-12-03)

small update fixing browsing directory panel
and option to hide labels per item.

* v1.2pre6 (2019-12-03)
+ Show/Hide labels for item (in right click menu)
# fix bug when browsing to subfolders from directories panel