Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 11-05-2019, 04:01 PM   #41
X-Raym
Human being with feelings

Ok the bug was non standard pattern for page turn marker,

so I corrected the script so that it handles it as well. You should be able to import correctly now.
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 03:57 AM   #42
MechanimaL

Yes it works. Thanks a lot!
MechanimaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 04:36 AM   #43
MechanimaL

Hello Raym! I'm still very happy with your script. Just wanted to inform you about one thing I've noticed regarding metadata: The project title (in reaper) seems to overwrite, what is set in metadata as artist. So the artist's name in the txt-name of the exported .txt will be what's written in the project name, rather than what's in metadata. I guess that's not as intendend? Greets and I hope you're still around

Last edited by MechanimaL; 03-10-2020 at 05:11 AM.
Old 03-10-2020, 06:19 AM   #44
X-Raym

@MechanimaL
Hi !
Glad these scripts are still in use :P

I tried to replicate but I didn't find any error,
I tried with project not saved, with project saved,
with set metadata and without set metadata...

Seems all good to me.

Maybe I'll need to use these a bit more to find the wrong cases,
Fortunately it isn't too hard to manually fix :P
Old 03-10-2020, 10:39 AM   #45
MechanimaL

No, no problem at all, just wanted to report

My project files are saved and then the metadata is updated.

MP3 and Video in the outputted .txt also show the reaper-project name instead of Artist - Title.
Artist + Title inside the txt are correct from the metadata though.

So, when you changed the reaper-project-title to something different than Artist - Songname, the metadata still worked? Strange that it doesnt with me. Maybe I have different files or scripts running here.

Maybe in the future we will find the reason Dont worry as said, nothing too important and maybe only an error on my side

Last edited by MechanimaL; 03-10-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Old 03-13-2020, 04:39 AM   #46
MechanimaL

Quote:
X-Raym_Import UltraStar txt.lua:129: bad argument #2 to 'TimeMap2_QNToTime' (number expected, got nil)
any info how to fix this (trying to import a pre-existing .txt)
Attached Files
File Type: txt Thrice - For Miles.txt (4.1 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-13-2020, 07:32 AM   #47
X-Raym

@MechanimaL
There is a problem with line 11 of your file :

Code:
- 32 33

Not sure if is valid UltraStar syntax.

But you can just replace by :

Code:

This should work.
Old 03-13-2020, 10:44 AM   #48
X-Raym

I updated the script so that it doesnt break parsing your file,
but is line is - 32 33, it will only consider it is - 32. Not sure what to do about the second number, seems pretty rare if you only have this issue once.
Old 03-13-2020, 11:09 AM   #49
MechanimaL

thanks man! regarding the error message, would it be possible that the script turns out the number of the line where the error is? i searched in line 129, cause I thought the number might be the line but that line then seemed legit.
Old 03-13-2020, 03:11 PM   #50
X-Raym

I put console log debug messages if the line isnt parsed well already
Old 03-13-2020, 05:46 PM   #51
MechanimaL

ok so in the console there I see which line is wrong? I need to check out where the console is then btw
Old 03-13-2020, 05:49 PM   #52
X-Raym

The console just pop up automatically when called by the script. You can't miss it !
Old 03-14-2020, 05:59 AM   #53
MechanimaL

ok, another question that has arisen ^^

say I'm fixing a song that was premade where I got the .txt file for but the timing is not the best etc..

So after fixing the note lenghts and timing, if I then would like to automaticly move the lyric-events on the corrected notes I would need the lyrics in the project notes window. you understand what I mean?

Like you can with one of your scripts add the lyrics from the notes window to the actual notes, but is there a way to do it the other way around?

Thanks again!
Old 03-14-2020, 08:14 AM   #54
X-Raym

@Mechanimal
So what you need is lyrics to Project notes ?

If X-Raym_Import UltraStar txt.luadoesnt do it already, maybe it would be possible to add support to this feature in this script, if it isnt too time consuming to do it
Old 03-14-2020, 08:51 AM   #55
MechanimaL

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Raym View Post
@Mechanimal
So what you need is lyrics to Project notes ?

If X-Raym_Import UltraStar txt.luadoesnt do it already, maybe it would be possible to add support to this feature in this script, if it isnt too time consuming to do it
No it does not do it sadly. Yeah that would be cool, if you could have a look into it, if you find the time. Thanks again
Old 03-14-2020, 02:08 PM   #56
X-Raym

I don't remember the ultrastar -> workflow well, but I updated the Import script so that it write lyrics in project notes.

Let me know if it is good format !
Old 03-15-2020, 07:52 AM   #57
MechanimaL

The lyrics get imported to project notes now, the line breaks seem to be in synch with the page markers, but the format is just the plain text without the "-" between syllables.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:55 AM   #58
X-Raym

You need to refresh my memory,
can you post me a sample paragraph of lyrics so I can see what is the expected syntax ?

EDIT: of gotit, it is just syllabes within a word which needs "-" sign, and repetat vowels too. "-~" (or "+" sign it depends on what separator is choosen).
Old 03-15-2020, 11:57 AM   #59
X-Raym

I think I got it,
I put "+" sign instead, it is easier to manage and should works just as good.

Let me know if it works as expected !
Old 03-16-2020, 04:30 AM   #60
MechanimaL

Thanks a lot it worked!
Old 07-02-2020, 01:09 PM   #61
mustangfred

Hello,

I used to make a lot of ultrastar files and I vould like to convert text in reaper to be able to export a midi file after. But I'm completly lost. I installed the package on windows but I don't see the option to export ultrastar metadata from txt file.
I'm looking for almost 3 hours but I dont find anys solutions to use your script can tou help me ?

Thanks in advance
Fred
mustangfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 01:45 PM   #62
X-Raym

@mustangfred

Here are the install step
  1. Install reapack extension
  2. Sync the scripts (be sure my X-Raym Scripts repository is checked. You should see scripts download unless they are already downloaded.
  3. Open the Action List window and type Ultrastar as keyword.
Old 07-03-2020, 01:44 AM   #63
mustangfred

It's working better using action list many thanks, I will work on it and tell you.

Thanks again for your work

Fred
Old 07-08-2020, 07:08 AM   #64
mustangfred

I succeed to export my ultrastar.txt in midi file
I still have questions:
In reaper I don't need any sound with midi file. Do I have to load a soundbank to be able to ear it ?
I don't see the lyrics in reaper.
When I export in midi file all lines are stucked there are no carriage return beetween sentance.

Fred
Old 07-08-2020, 07:18 AM   #65
X-Raym

Quote:
I succeed to export my ultrastar.txt in midi file
Not sure what you meant by that. These scripts doens't actually convert ultrastar .txt into MIDI files but into MIDI objects inside a REAPER project .rpp.

Quote:
Do I have to load a soundbank to be able to ear it
You have to load a VST on the tracks indeed. The only one in default REAPER is ReaSynth but you have other free on the web.

Quote:
I don't see the lyrics in reaper.
Cseck the video tutorials and be sure you have done every steps.

Quote:
When I export in midi file all lines are stucked there are no carriage return beetween sentance.
Again, these scripts doesn't export to midi files. It can export .rpp files into to .txt ultrastar projects.
So if you mean that when you export you don't have any carriage return,you will have to give me more infos : send a project files, send your initial .txt files, tell me what software you use to preview the .txt (cause it is supposed to be read by ultrastar etc).
Old 07-09-2020, 07:23 AM   #66
mustangfred

Quote:
Not sure what you meant by that. These scripts doens't actually convert ultrastar .txt into MIDI files but into MIDI objects inside a REAPER project .rpp.

You have to load a VST on the tracks indeed. The only one in default REAPER is ReaSynth but you have other free on the web.

Cseck the video tutorials and be sure you have done every steps.

Again, these scripts doesn't export to midi files. It can export .rpp files into to .txt ultrastar projects.
So if you mean that when you export you don't have any carriage return,you will have to give me more infos : send a project files, send your initial .txt files, tell me what software you use to preview the .txt (cause it is supposed to be read by ultrastar etc).
Yes but from reaper it could export in midi. The main pb in that case is delay in rythm and pitch are not at the right place instead of what I have in the ultrastar.txt

I let you in french because hard to translate
Quand je charge ce fichier dans un éditeur il y a un travail de mise en place rythmique à faire:
-le tempo ou bpm ici est doublé (214 pour 107)
-les notes sont décalées dans les mesures (la première note sur "Là" devrait commencé sur le premier temps d'une mesure)
I use yass to synchronize my txt file. My goal it's to be able to generate midi file from ultrastar.txt

I uploaded my txt file well synchronized and the midi file generated.

Thanks again
Fred
Attached Files
File Type: txt Kendji Girac - Habibi.txt (5.3 KB, 161 views)
File Type: mid Kendji Girac - Habibi.mid (5.7 KB, 170 views)
Old 07-18-2020, 07:48 AM   #67
MechanimaL

Hi Fred. I think I've seen your name around in the ultrastar boards ..

I've imported your txt into reaper and the official song. It fits. Then I've exported the midi and reimported it, that's working without problems, only thing is you have to set all notes to channel 1 before exporting, so you dont get 2 tracks. I dont know about YASS. your midi file did have the right amount of space before the beginning. that was my first idea what might have went wrong.. you can of course test, if it works with my file, but I doubt it.

ps: you dont need anything except reaper to generate new ultrastar versions. I've done it with some songs now and you dont need to care about bpm neither! the script handles everything for you. you can import any existing .txt and correct / update it all inside reaper and then export the corrected txt. I've also made new songs from the scratch with it, the existing programs did not look good to me, I have to admit and since I've been already using Reaper for some time, I was quite happy Raym made the scripts
Attached Files
File Type: mid test-midi.mid (5.0 KB, 164 views)

Last edited by MechanimaL; 07-18-2020 at 12:28 PM.
Old 06-19-2022, 06:56 AM   #68
MechanimaL

Hello Raym, I hope you're well Long time no hear, yes ,because your script still does it's job

But one thing I've noticed that I would like to get your attention and maybe a little fix is needed.

Sometimes when I run the script that puts the project notes (lyrics) onto to the midi track, Reaper just crashes.

If there is a way to get a log or something, that I could send to you to have a look at it, please let me know how to do so!

Thanks for your work and have a nice day!
Old 06-19-2022, 07:03 AM   #69
X-Raym

@MechanimaL

Hi, if there is a crash, there is defintely something to fix on reaper side. No script qhould be able to crash reaper (freeze it ok because of infinite loop, but crash means lacks of sanitization internally somewhere)

I dont how to get and read OS specific crash log,

better open a Bug Report thread is the section,
and have assistance from there.

BTW do you know if any other ultrastar user uses these scripts ?
How many songs did you transcribe ?

Cheers !
Old 06-19-2022, 09:33 AM   #70
MechanimaL

Reaper freezes and then I have to shut it down when Windows prompts that it's not reacting anymore.

I will try the way you suggested, writing a bug report.

For the last question of yours: I guess I've made about 20 original songs up 'till now and corrected/reworked way more than that.

The reaper (song-builder) community has no real sort of international home (like this forum for example for reaper users). The most visited /active places are a not fully functional old upload site for txt files (where I dont know if it will not be just put out of life any moment because of the unclear ownership), that beside being very active in uploading lacks a forum and the big spanish site, that has a forum, but sadly enough in spanish only. So it's hard to know how many ppl have become to know about using reaper for it. Maybe you can check how many ppl downloaded the scripts?
Old 06-19-2022, 09:47 AM   #71
X-Raym

Quote:
Reaper freezes and then I have to shut it down

Oh this is way different than crash !! Crash is instant.

In this case this is probably on script side.If you can reproduce it everytime with one particular project, sent it to me so I can see if I can reproduce.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:06 AM   #72
MechanimaL

Quote:
Oh this is way different than crash !! Crash is instant.

In this case this is probably on script side.If you can reproduce it everytime with one particular project, sent it to me so I can see if I can reproduce.
thats hard to do, for example it happens with a change in the lyrics, then after a restart with the same changes the script runs without the freeze.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:34 AM   #73
X-Raym

@MechanimaL
I checked the code and it has no while / repeat loops without explicit ending, so maybe it is a reaper issue indeed. But if it has to reproduce, it will be even harder to bug hunt :/

The script code is pretty minimal I dont see where something would be more sensible. Maybe reaper issue then.
Old 09-11-2022, 08:13 AM   #74
MechanimaL

Now, it maybe because of a Reaper update, but since recently, when the script crashes, my ASIO driver also crashes and I have to restart the PC. So my little workaround of saving the project before running the lyrics to midi-script doesnt prevent trouble anymore..

I'm gonna send you the .txt export of the project I'm currently working on in case you want to recreate the error yourself. I think it will happen, if you just run the script a few times.

/edit: oh and what I've noticed just now, the script does not work every time either. I change lyrics, run it and no change. Run it once again, changes are made. (if it doesnt crash.)

Last edited by MechanimaL; 09-11-2022 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-12-2022, 01:18 PM   #75
X-Raym

I tried to replicate and didnt get any bug or error at all. Not sure what could be wrong, the script doesnt use any sensitive reaper setting. :/
Old 09-15-2022, 02:58 AM   #76
MechanimaL

ok I reinstalled the scripts with reapack and gonna look, if the error still occurs. otherwise I will test it on a different pc. you did try several times, (maybe make small changes to lyrics or note position inbetween) ?
Old 09-15-2022, 05:57 AM   #77
X-Raym

If after reinstall it still doesnt work I think the only solution is to have a 1 to 1 Zoom live session with remote control for bug hunting
Of course have everything up to date (SWS, REAPER, the scripts etc) as a start. Fresh reisntall of script might be good if you have modified them.
Old 09-16-2022, 01:05 AM   #78
MechanimaL

hi there. thank you very much, for the offer. I will report back soon.
Old 09-18-2022, 05:40 AM   #79
MechanimaL

In another project I ve used it about 10 or more times, but then it crashed again. After that like 10 times or more of running it, no crash appeared.
My Reaper Version is 6.67, SWS 2.12.1.3. Only installed extension: Reapack (1.2.4.1) and Ultrastar-Scripts (re-installed as mentioned).

Is it normal to have a lyrics.lua inside this directory:
c:\Users\xxx\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\Scripts\Cockos \ ?
Old 09-18-2022, 04:00 PM   #80
X-Raym

I did succeed to reproduce the freeze but not anymore. Very weird.

The script is extremly minimal. No loops without any end conditions.

I think there might bee a bug within reaper reaper.SetTrackMIDILyrics( track, 2, str ) function. But I dont know what to report cause now I can run the action 200 times in a row without any issue (despite reaper restart etc).
So I think it is outside of this script scope.

Next time it happends try to find a reaper crash log or something and report to cockos, telling you use this script and the function mentioned above, also sending the same project.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Reaper/comm...mment/h87zmi6/

I ask you to handle this caus eyou have way more reproductible than I do.

Bump this thread when you will open a thread so I can backup you there.

Thx !