Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Q&A, Tips, Tricks and Howto

Old 06-22-2018, 07:43 PM   #1
ReaperMadness
Human being with feelings

Default Prevent Midi Editor Screen Vertical Scrolling?

While in midi editor window, for my old eyes' sake I'll expand things vertically and horizontally to make things a little easier to see. This usually amounts to the lowest notes in a given passage being pretty near the lower edge of the editor window, and the highest near the top.

Frequently while I'm lassoing a bunch of notes, however, in my haste I'll over-run the lower boundary of the visible window 'frame', causing my carefully-positioned note-range to scroll way upwards, leaving me well below the lowest notes, and the high notes up in the stratosphere. Now I have to carefully re-position all before proceeding.

Is there any action or some other way to lock this vertical 'scroll' - so the screen won't shift upwards and out of range?

Thanks.

New Music: = Mourning Marrs =
ReaperMadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:28 AM   #2
solger

Quote:
Is there any action or some other way to lock this vertical 'scroll' - so the screen won't shift upwards and out of range?
I don't think that you can lock this behavior with a Preference or Action. But not sure if this might perhaps be possible via a script ...

It might help a little though if you start the marquee selection with the lasso at the bottom note (and dragging it up to the first note). This way the vertical scrolling should not be triggered until the mouse cursor is above the ruler (so there's basically more 'safety space' until the scrolling starts).
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:39 AM   #3
Tritonus

Maybe you could use this Action View: Zoom to content
Tritonus is offline   Reply With Quote