Old 07-24-2018, 07:02 AM   #161
G-Sun
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by heda View Post
I'm not sure what do you mean by deleting an instance

to remove a track in the mixer, just unlock them, they will become selected tracks, then unselect the one to remove by CTRL+clicking on the track, and then in HeDaMixer lock again to selected tracks.
Thank you!
That solved it
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 07:03 AM   #162
G-Sun

What's the status of ReaComp and GR-meter?
(Can't seem to get it working)
Old 07-24-2018, 07:04 AM   #163
G-Sun

Had an instance of crash.
Then I couldn't find HeDa mixer again.
Had to uninstall/reinstall

Maybe something about when Reaper saves action-list.
Old 08-05-2018, 03:26 AM   #164
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew View Post
I appreciate that, thanks for your response HeDa.

I'm really just looking for a "show all the tracks all the time" option. It would be a big hope to imagine someone else might create a mixer as good as yours - really hope it could be added one day. I'd gladly pay the same again!

Cheers,

Drew
good news
I almost have ready an update that adds an option to use all tracks that are displayed in MCP.
I have to do some tests to see if it uses too much CPU to constantly check for MCP tracks to mirror what is there in MCP, or if I do a manual update button.
heda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 03:27 AM   #165
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
What's the status of ReaComp and GR-meter?
(Can't seem to get it working)
I don't know. it should work, like in Track Inspector.
Old 08-07-2018, 12:47 AM   #166
Zerododo

Quote:
from REAPER's changelog:

so maybe, ask if the plugin has Presonus GR API support, to report gain reduction to the host.

so sad, here's the answer:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Slate customer support.

As of now we do not, but our developers will look into this for future updates.
Zerododo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018, 02:58 PM   #167
heda

I forgot to mention here in the forum that HeDamixer was updated yesterday with a big CPU optimization when having many tracks. And a feature that @drew asked to use all tracks in MCP

And also.. it can have cookies.. or whatever picture you choose like this

* v1.0pre8 (2018-08-14)
+ Big CPU optimization drawing only what is seen. Now we can have many tracks , as with the use MCP tracks option. Only visible ones in the window will be drawn.
# fix: mouse over bottom text label with custom width tracks draws lines with correct width.
+ Option to use all tracks in MCP
+ Theming: new files support for displaying image at peak hold line and meter line (peakhold.png and meter.png)
# fix: bad string displayed when volume -Inf.
# fix: possible crash

attaching here some examples of the pngs to put in the HeDaMixer theme folder. maybe an option to turn it on and off can be added later if it is useful.
Attached Images
File Type: png meter.png (207 Bytes, 189 views)
File Type: png peakhold.png (212 Bytes, 183 views)
Old 08-15-2018, 03:18 PM   #168
JHughes
Banned

Awesome update! Who can argue with big CPU optimizations, AND cookies?
Only a fool, that's who.

Thanks heda.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2018, 02:16 AM   #169
Zerododo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerododo View Post
so sad, here's the answer:

Hi there,

Thank you for contacting Slate customer support.

As of now we do not, but our developers will look into this for future updates.
Hi Heda,

i have looked a little bit into it, and i've found this 2016 post in a Presonus forum:

"The newest updates for Slate Digital VMR and VBC report gain reduction and display it in the mixer.

I've been waiting patiently for this since the GR display feature was added to S1. Thanks SD!
"

so i wrote again to Slate help desk, asking for an explanation, this is the conversation:

"
i've found this post
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopi...256f91273ba3f2
that said that VMR report the gain reduction info to host.

is it true?

SLATE REPLY --> Yes, for Studio One.
"

So i was wondering: some kind of reporting do exist... could be useful to you to implement it in our beloved Reaper?

Thanx!!
Old 08-23-2018, 01:58 AM   #170
X-Raym

What about Cookie faders ? :P
X-Raym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:11 AM   #171
Zerododo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerododo View Post
Hi Heda,

i have looked a little bit into it, and i've found this 2016 post in a Presonus forum:

"The newest updates for Slate Digital VMR and VBC report gain reduction and display it in the mixer.

I've been waiting patiently for this since the GR display feature was added to S1. Thanks SD!
"

so i wrote again to Slate help desk, asking for an explanation, this is the conversation:

"
i've found this post
https://forums.presonus.com/viewtopi...256f91273ba3f2
that said that VMR report the gain reduction info to host.

is it true?

SLATE REPLY --> Yes, for Studio One.
"

So i was wondering: some kind of reporting do exist... could be useful to you to implement it in our beloved Reaper?

Thanx!!
UP, thanx!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:31 AM   #172
The Bunker

Hi Heda,

Thanks for the script. Its awesome. However I have noticed one big thing lacking and that is proper utilisation of VCA faders regarding solos and mutes. For some reason the Heda Mixer doesn't seem to pass solo and mute messages onto the VCA slave tracks in the main mixer. So if I have a VCA master in the Heda Mixer I cannot just press solo and have it solo all the VCA slave tracks the master track is supposed to control. For this I would need to go back to Reaper's native mixer. Is it possible to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
The Bunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2018, 12:00 PM   #173
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bunker View Post
Hi Heda,

Thanks for the script. Its awesome. However I have noticed one big thing lacking and that is proper utilisation of VCA faders regarding solos and mutes. For some reason the Heda Mixer doesn't seem to pass solo and mute messages onto the VCA slave tracks in the main mixer. So if I have a VCA master in the Heda Mixer I cannot just press solo and have it solo all the VCA slave tracks the master track is supposed to control. For this I would need to go back to Reaper's native mixer. Is it possible to fix this or am I doing something wrong?
solo and mute buttons in VCA master tracks don't do that in REAPER. You can achieve that by using Track grouping mute master/slave and solo master/slave. VCA controls the gain. This way you have more flexibility I think.
Old 10-11-2018, 03:32 PM   #174
The Bunker

Quote:
solo and mute buttons in VCA master tracks don't do that in REAPER. You can achieve that by using Track grouping mute master/slave and solo master/slave. VCA controls the gain. This way you have more flexibility I think.
Hi heda. Not sure what you mean. I have used group settings to set up tracks as VCA masters in order to do this very thing (mute/solo VCA slaves in the same group) and it works fine with Reaper's native mixer but on your mixer it doesn't do it. Is there something I am missing? Could you please test this in your own environment to check to see if it is functioning as intended? thanks
Old 10-12-2018, 01:40 AM   #175
heda

Quote:
Hi heda. Not sure what you mean. I have used group settings to set up tracks as VCA masters in order to do this very thing (mute/solo VCA slaves in the same group) and it works fine with Reaper's native mixer but on your mixer it doesn't do it. Is there something I am missing? Could you please test this in your own environment to check to see if it is functioning as intended? thanks
ah... I know what you mean now. Yes I see it is not working. I'll investigate further to see if there is another way to mute/solo that works with the track grouping settings. Thanks !
Old 10-12-2018, 06:50 AM   #176
The Bunker

Quote:
ah... I know what you mean now. Yes I see it is not working. I'll investigate further to see if there is another way to mute/solo that works with the track grouping settings. Thanks !
Hey thanks for looking into it for me. It was kinda the only reason I got the script in the first place. Would be awesome if you could get it to work.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:01 AM   #177
Zerododo

FYI

vst3 version of Slate Plugins now do report gain reduction correctly! I'm so happy!
Old 11-04-2018, 02:27 AM   #178
The Bunker

Hey Heda, did the issue with the VCAs ever get fixed?
Old 11-05-2018, 02:27 AM   #179
heda

Quote:
Hey Heda, did the issue with the VCAs ever get fixed?
Yes I know how to fix it. I hope will have some time this week to fix it
Old 11-19-2018, 11:32 AM   #180
heda

* v1.0pre9 (2018-11-19)
# fixing mute and solo buttons, work with selected tracks and grouping.

mute and solo should work now with master/slave groupings.
Old 11-25-2018, 02:55 AM   #181
Gianfini

Hi, some request

1) Visuals: can you do something to improve the visuals here. E.g. smaller fonts and more consistent typeface (all same size, not 48 and 16 points coexisting)?

All tracks names are cut.

2) PAN: PAN KNOB would be much better than a slider with very short movement space, can you think about a knob maybe?
Can you add Width (or double PAN when proper mode is selected)?

2) from VIP Inspector we can launch a HEDA Mixer from a tag, could you add a button to launch from VIP Inspector a HEDA Mixer from currently selected tracks (without tags)?

thanks for everything!

g
Gianfini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 05:44 AM   #182
The Bunker

Quote:
* v1.0pre9 (2018-11-19)
# fixing mute and solo buttons, work with selected tracks and grouping.

mute and solo should work now with master/slave groupings.
Cool thanks. Just updated. Will give it a proper go and report back.
Old 12-01-2018, 07:34 AM   #183
The Bunker

Also another question... does reaper differentiate between instances of the mixer that you save from different projects but with the same name?

For example lets say I have 2 projects one is called 'Song A' one is 'Song B'

If in each of those projects I have an instance of HEDA mixer that only has my BUSSES and I save this as a new instance and call it 'BUSSES'. Will reaper load the correct instance when I go back and forth between the projects? Or will it just load the latest instance?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:53 AM   #184
heda

Quote:
Also another question... does reaper differentiate between instances of the mixer that you save from different projects but with the same name?

For example lets say I have 2 projects one is called 'Song A' one is 'Song B'

If in each of those projects I have an instance of HEDA mixer that only has my BUSSES and I save this as a new instance and call it 'BUSSES'. Will reaper load the correct instance when I go back and forth between the projects? Or will it just load the latest instance?
the instances save the general settings for the mixer, the position of the window, or where it is docked, etc... but the tracks that you select are saved in the RPP project file internally for each project. So switching between projects would change the tracks shown in the instance for each project, but it won't close one instance and open another instance.
I don't know if it is needed to have different instances with different configurations for each project, but maybe it could be a feature to add.
Old 12-26-2018, 05:40 AM   #185
The Bunker

Quote:
the instances save the general settings for the mixer, the position of the window, or where it is docked, etc... but the tracks that you select are saved in the RPP project file internally for each project. So switching between projects would change the tracks shown in the instance for each project, but it won't close one instance and open another instance.
I don't know if it is needed to have different instances with different configurations for each project, but maybe it could be a feature to add.
Ah ok I think I understand this...

Another thing I noticed today: When I have HEDA mixer running for some reason sometimes Reaper stops responding to my stop/play commands when I use space bar. I have to close the mixer just to be able to stop playback. Is this a known issue?

Also the HEDA mixer seems to completely mess up the GUI for SKnote plugins, as in when the mixer is up and running I cant make any adjustments on the plugin with my mouse. But as soon as I close the mixer the plugin GUI becomes responsive again.
Old 12-28-2018, 02:44 AM   #186
heda

Quote:
Another thing I noticed today: When I have HEDA mixer running for some reason sometimes Reaper stops responding to my stop/play commands when I use space bar. I have to close the mixer just to be able to stop playback. Is this a known issue?
just tested and spacebar works for me for play/stop, with hedamixer docked, or floating. What SWS version are you using? OSX? Windows?

Quote:
Also the HEDA mixer seems to completely mess up the GUI for SKnote plugins, as in when the mixer is up and running I cant make any adjustments on the plugin with my mouse. But as soon as I close the mixer the plugin GUI becomes responsive again.
Sorry, I have no idea how a script could affect any plugin in that way. It shouldn't happen.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:28 AM   #187
The Bunker

Quote:
just tested and spacebar works for me for play/stop, with hedamixer docked, or floating. What SWS version are you using? OSX? Windows?

Sorry, I have no idea how a script could affect any plugin in that way. It shouldn't happen.
Hmmm I am on Windows 64 bit.

Yea its strange it doesn't seem to mess anything else up but plugins by this company only.
Old 12-30-2018, 06:57 AM   #188
The Bunker

Also any possibility to include a phase flip button in future updates?
Old 01-06-2019, 01:25 AM   #189
The Bunker

Another thing I noticed today, when you pull the fader down all the way down on one of the channels on this mixer, the fader disappears behind the panel that has the name of the channel on it. Then when you let it go you cant "grab" it again with the mouse to push it back up. Is it possible for this to be fixed?
Old 01-09-2019, 01:03 PM   #190
heda

Quote:
Another thing I noticed today, when you pull the fader down all the way down on one of the channels on this mixer, the fader disappears behind the panel that has the name of the channel on it. Then when you let it go you cant "grab" it again with the mouse to push it back up. Is it possible for this to be fixed?
sorry for late reply... Yes I think I can make it so that the fader doesn't disappear even if the volume is lower, but maybe it would be confusing to see the fader there not at the exact location. If you need lower values for the faders, you can middle click on the hedamixer window to make sure it is active for mouse operation and then use ALT+mouse wheel to change the minimum db value to adjust the scale.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:58 PM   #191
ChristopherT

Heda - this mixer is amazing!
I don't use the Reaper mixer at all - but would love to use this as it shows so much great info.
It is really clear to layout & understand, and being able to glance over the compression on multiple tracks is genius.

My only question is - does this increase the load on processors by much?
ChristopherT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:08 AM   #192
The Bunker

Quote:
sorry for late reply... Yes I think I can make it so that the fader doesn't disappear even if the volume is lower, but maybe it would be confusing to see the fader there not at the exact location. If you need lower values for the faders, you can middle click on the hedamixer window to make sure it is active for mouse operation and then use ALT+mouse wheel to change the minimum db value to adjust the scale.
Ah ok thats some good info... I will try what you suggested. Thanks.
Old 01-10-2019, 08:48 AM   #193
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherT View Post
Heda - this mixer is amazing!
I don't use the Reaper mixer at all - but would love to use this as it shows so much great info.
It is really clear to layout & understand, and being able to glance over the compression on multiple tracks is genius.

My only question is - does this increase the load on processors by much?
Thank you
Of course it uses some processor but it is not much. It also depends on the number of tracks displayed on the window. Originally it was intended as a secondary mixer window to monitor a few selected tracks only. So for a few busses or tracks, the CPU usage is very small. But now it also has an option to use all tracks as in Reaper MCP which can use more CPU but still perfectly usable.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #194
heda

This new 2.0 version of HeDaMixer will have more features that I have in mind but for now it has implemented the basic functions to support RMS and EBUR128 meters. To set the meters type you can find the option in the right click menu as all the options. These modes will increase CPU usage significantly if used on many meters because we have to use one instance of dpmeter3 for each track so be aware of that. This is nice to be used on some BUS tracks to have a better meter representation of the loudness of some groups of tracks. To reset the loudness calculation you can click on the IL number, or middle click to reset on all tracks.

* v2.0pre1 (2019-03-11)
+ RMS meters (using Track Inspector JSFX) Customizable RMS window
+ EBUR128 meters (using dpmeter3 v1.3.4) Click in IL number to reset IL in track. Middle click to reset IL in all displayed tracks on the mixer
+ EBUR128 Loudness Range display (using VST3 dpmeter3)
# About page with changelog and links to VIP members and VIP donations.
# Font size for db scale

Also worth mention, released HeDaMixer 1.0 final version for everybody, not only VIP members.

Thank you to all VIP members for the continuous support making the scripts possible
Old 03-11-2019, 11:26 AM   #195
TonE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschnell View Post
Really awesome !

And great that Reaper does feature the APIs that allow 3rd party geniuses to create such amazing stuff !
In my books this does not exist, like facebook. Fine you develop it for yourself and vip. I prefer staying non-vip.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:03 PM   #196
RJHollins

Question ...

If we have the VIP Mixer, is it redundant to also have the 'public' release ?

thx
RJHollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 02:22 PM   #197
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHollins View Post
Question ...

If we have the VIP Mixer, is it redundant to also have the 'public' release ?

thx
yes. If a script has both non-VIP and VIP versions, please install only the VIP version which has more features and more recently updated. I am seeing both HedaMixer and HeDaMixer VIP in the manager, but it should only show the VIP version if you are VIP... I will fix that. Thanks!
Old 03-11-2019, 02:51 PM   #198
Gianfini

Great job.

I would really be happy though if you could implement a possibility to launch HEDAMixer VIP to stay locked to the track(s) that was/were selected at launch time.

Today if I lock the HeDaMixer and open it again it stays locked to the latest locked track... not to the one selected

g
Old 03-11-2019, 04:35 PM   #199
heda

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianfini View Post
Great job.

I would really be happy though if you could implement a possibility to launch HEDAMixer VIP to stay locked to the track(s) that was/were selected at launch time.

Today if I lock the HeDaMixer and open it again it stays locked to the latest locked track... not to the one selected

g

Your request sounds familiar to me... and it reminds me that I forgot about your request. So it is like an "auto refresh tracks to selected and lock again" on each start. But you should terminate the previous instance first, which maybe it is not the best. Maybe I can do an additional action that would be "Refresh tracks to selected tracks" even if it is locked, that would work without closing the current opened mixer. What do you think is best? I won't forget again
Old 03-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #200
Gianfini

Quote:
Your request sounds familiar to me... and it reminds me that I forgot about your request. So it is like an "auto refresh tracks to selected and lock again" on each start. But you should terminate the previous instance first, which maybe it is not the best. Maybe I can do an additional action that would be "Refresh tracks to selected tracks" even if it is locked, that would work without closing the current opened mixer. What do you think is best? I won't forget again
Thank you! The refresh action might work as a shortcut, and i could combine it with mixer opening in a script

Ideal behavior would be: create a new instance (different ID) and refresh track+lock. So that each time I press a button a new instance get created with the selected track without closing the previous ones
But this might be long term thought... for the moment the refresh action would do it

G