Old 03-30-2020, 01:10 PM   #841
SerchOH
Human being with feelings

Hi everyone! I´m new to both reaper and the forum, so far impressed by both program and this amazing community!

It's honesty night and day, coming from protools.

I´m having real trouble getting my MCU pro to work with Reaper. I downloaded Klinke´s plugin but it just won't work. However, if I select HUI (limited) mode in reaper instead of Klinke´s MC, it gets the faders, pan knobs and track names working. Not much more than that.

When I turn on my MCU pro, its screen shows "loading HUI emulator"... I think this is because HUI was the protocol it used to work with protools (worked fine actually). Anyone knows if there´s a way to "reset" the unit so it stops loading that HUI configuration when it boots? I think that´s the reason why I´m having no success with Klinke´s plugin.

Thanks very much in advance!

EDIT:
I found the way to change it, very straight forward but I didn´t find it in the MCU pro´s manual, I guess I overlooked it. Found it in youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OqpCsvFEGE

Press the 2 first select buttons in the unit lets you select the operation mode.

Last edited by SerchOH; 03-30-2020 at 01:20 PM.
SerchOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 01:23 PM   #842
nightscope

ns
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2020, 04:24 AM   #843
SerchOH

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightscope View Post

ns
Thanks mate, I found the same video yesterday!

Working veery nice, thank you all, specially @Klinke !
SerchOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 10:41 AM   #844
jadedsean

Default Faderport V2

Hi guys, i have the Faderport V2 for two years now and it was functioning 50% of the time, today i was on a mission to once for all fix this issue and then stumbled upon this thread. I downloaded MUC Klinke and installed as the instructions say and also updated my V2 and too my horror noting works now. Is there anyone who can help resolve this issue? I read on a different thread i must set my input and output to logic which confused me because i don't see in my setup. Here is the instructions i followed.

"I figured it out. Kinda.

I was originall using a NanoKontrol 2 as a surface controller for Reaper so I had to install MCU Klinke V0.8 to get it to work. PS. it sucks. But while I was reading about .DLL files I found the faderport 2018 uses the the MCU .DLL terribly. Anyway I changed which DAW the Faderport is going to use (by holding the Next button while starting it up) to the Logic setup and HOLY ******* **** it worked. Everything works. Its a little spotty when it comes to the stop button, but other than that its perfectly fine.

TLR - Download the MCU Klinke V0.8 ( havent tried V0.8.3) and change the Faderports input to Logic (hold down Next on startup and press mute ( I think?) and under control surfaces go to Mackie Control Universal Klinke and set the MIDI in/out to Faderport and Boom.

Let me know if anyone else gets it working"
jadedsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:45 AM   #845
Beginner

Hello,

I use Reaper with a Mackie Control Universal Pro with appropriate extenders. Version 3.0.0. By the way, an upgrade to 4.x is unfortunately not possible as I found out.

I could integrate the "Mackie Control Klinke" tool with my Mackie Control and use the extended functions. But the connection does not work with my two extenders. I know the problem is known. It has been a while and I wanted to ask if there is already a further development?
As wonderful as the ""Mackie Control Klinke"" tool is, I use the generic Reaper connection because I need my two extenders.

I would be very happy if there is already something new in this regard or already
other solutions are on the way.

Many greetings from Germany
Beginner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 05:59 AM   #846
nightscope

v0.6.4 works with extenders, I think. v8.0/4 doesn't.

ns

PS = https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu/downloads/
nightscope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 06:09 AM   #847
Beginner

Yes that's true, but with very limited features and without
the ingenious "Track Settings Editor". Unfortunately!

Last edited by Beginner; 05-11-2020 at 07:33 AM.
Old 05-11-2020, 02:52 PM   #848
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beginner View Post
I would be very happy if there is already something new in this regard or already other solutions are on the way.
Have you checked DrivenByMoss4Reaper (https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=206610)?

I plan to work on a final release soon, but this release will bring only some small improvements, and for sure no support for extenders.
Klinke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 12:03 AM   #849
tomo34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinke View Post
I plan to work on a final release soon, but this release will bring only some small improvements, and for sure no support for extenders.
Thanks Klinke that you are still making something with this great soft !!!
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 12:52 AM   #850
Beginner

Hello again,

first of all, thank you Klinke for the answer.

Regarding your recommendation I have installed "DrivenByMoss4Reaper ".

Everything according to instructions and I have to say that it does not work for me. The controllers do not do everything as described and behave very strange. Everything a little bit creepy. I took it out of my configuration immediately. So briefly for me no solution. I wonder how to implement it on Java today. There are better ones.
It's a pity that there is no extender development planned for "Klinke Tool". Which I can understand, because the development is connected with an extreme expenditure of time, which again is not recompensed at expenditures.

But it's a pity that it is just the way it is.

Many greetings
Old 05-23-2020, 04:53 AM   #851
musicbynumbers

Hey Klinke!

Just to say "thanks again" for your amazing plugin!

I've attached some studio photos to show how I'm now using it

It's actually worked out really well that there is the old version (for multiple units) and the new one as I've used the old one to give me 24 basic channels for mixing and then I've got another X touch on the left with the plugin window on a touchscreen above it and I use this with the much fancier new MCU version you did for mostly doing plugin control as the mapping function gives me exactly what I need and for actions etc Oh, and for the excellent folder option.

I'll donate a bit more again to you soon to reiterate on how important and powerful this extension has become to my workflow! Hope things are going well! All the best. MBN

Photos in link below - especially the new one with the left side x-touch
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ux...TrfwprtNCwm3m4

Old 05-23-2020, 04:57 AM   #852
musicbynumbers

hmm. How do I donate to you now? I don't see a paypal link or anything.
Old 11-02-2021, 01:13 PM   #853
plant-on

Quote:
There is a button "Clone" in the upper right corner. But here are also the urls:

ssh:
git clone git@bitbucket.org:Klinkenstecker/csurf_klinke_mcu.git

https:
git clone https://Klinkenstecker@bitbucket.org...klinke_mcu.git

As far as I know the project can't be loaded in Visual Studio 2017 (but I havn't tested it by myself, I still using Visual Studio 2010 as I only use it to build the project and edit the files externally).
Bit late to this but FYI I have it opening and compiling on Microsoft Visual Studio Community 2019 Version 16.7.3.

In case anyone else is interested I've submitted a PR for this.

Last edited by plant-on; 11-04-2021 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Add link to PR.
plant-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2021, 01:16 PM   #854
plant-on

It seems that with the latest changes to Reaper that now have the delta solo feature when in Plugin Mode the following has happened;
  1. The master fader no longer controls the DRY/WET mix, it now controls if delta mode is on for the plugin or not.
  2. The flip button now flips between 0% and 100% WET/DRY instead of enabling and disabling the plugin.

While I think having support for delta mode would be great I'd prefer that it's activated by pressing (say for instance) Shift+Flip. I do really love swapping between 0-100% wet tho, but again, that could be Option+Flip (which would also move the master fader from 0% to 100%).

@klinke wanted to check, if I was to make this change would you accept a PR that restores the existing functionality? (and perhaps adds the new functionality if I have time...)
Old 11-03-2021, 05:55 AM   #855
plant-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by plant-on View Post
It seems that with the latest changes to Reaper that now have the delta solo feature when in Plugin Mode the following has happened;
  1. The master fader no longer controls the DRY/WET mix, it now controls if delta mode is on for the plugin or not.
  2. The flip button now flips between 0% and 100% WET/DRY instead of enabling and disabling the plugin.

While I think having support for delta mode would be great I'd prefer that it's activated by pressing (say for instance) Shift+Flip. I do really love swapping between 0-100% wet tho, but again, that could be Option+Flip (which would also move the master fader from 0% to 100%).

@klinke wanted to check, if I was to make this change would you accept a PR that restores the existing functionality? (and perhaps adds the new functionality if I have time...)
I've submitted a PR that fixes this.

I plan to submit a separate PR that adds support for delta solo / toggling between wet/dry 0-100%.
Old 11-04-2021, 04:40 AM   #856
plant-on

Default Delta Solo support

I've submitted another PR that adds support for delta solo (SHIFT+FLIP) and toggling between 0-100% Dry/Wet (OPTION+FLIP).
Old 11-12-2021, 04:41 PM   #857
Klinke

I just uploaded v0.9.0.3 with the bugfix and delta support from plant-on (@plant-on: thanks a lot for this). Important: This update works only with Reaper v6.37 (or newer).

This update contains also a bugfix from Carlos Nunes that avoid possible crashes when a window created by this extension is closed.

I changed the modifier keys, delta-solo is activated via ALT+FLIP (as you also press the ALT-key when using the mouse for activating delta-solo) and 0-100% Dry/Wet is toggled via SHIFT-FLIP.
Old 11-13-2021, 04:34 AM   #858
tomo34

Quote:
I just uploaded v0.9.0.3 with the bugfix and delta support from plant-on (@plant-on: thanks a lot for this). Important: This update works only with Reaper v6.37 (or newer).

This update contains also a bugfix from Carlos Nunes that avoid possible crashes when a window created by this extension is closed.

I changed the modifier keys, delta-solo is activated via ALT+FLIP (as you also press the ALT-key when using the mouse for activating delta-solo) and 0-100% Dry/Wet is toggled via SHIFT-FLIP.
Thanks for this !!!!
tomo34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:55 AM   #859
bcab17

I've been using the X-Touch with Klinke extension for almost a year now, and have been very happy with. However, for some reason, when opening Reaper, an error message pops up...something like "MIDI Error, cannot open X-TOUCH" (sorry, I'm not in my studio, so I'm paraphrasing). As per instructions, I have X-Touch enabled for midi in and out under Klinke in the Control Surface preferences page, as well as in the midi device page. This is how it has been setup from the start.

I click "ok" on the error window, and it disappears, and the X-Touch/Klinke continues to work as before. So, I'm trying to figure out what may be causing the error message.

I recently installed the latest Reaper update, as well as a Windows 10 update...but I can't seem to find any setting that has changed, which would cause the midi error message.

Any ideas?
bcab17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 11:00 AM   #860
bcab17

On a related issue, I am planning to add a NI Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 midi keyboard to my studio. I have read that adding ReaKontrol is required to give this keyboard some needed integration with Reaper...but there is no mention of this working along with an X-Touch with Klinke.

Is there anyone here who has the X-Touch/Klinke plus ReaKonrol NI KK S Series (or similar) running in Reaper? Just wondering if there are any issues.
Old 11-30-2021, 12:17 PM   #861
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
As per instructions, I have X-Touch enabled for midi in and out under Klinke in the Control Surface preferences page, as well as in the midi device page.
If you use the X-Touch exclusively for Klinke you don't need it having enabled also in the MIDI device page, which probably causes the error (at least I get the same error here on Win 8.1 if I'm trying to enable a MIDI device in 'Control surfaces' and 'MIDI devices' at the same time.)
nofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 12:21 PM   #862
bcab17

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofish View Post
If you use the X-Touch exclusively for Klinke you don't need it having enabled also in the MIDI device page, which probably causes the error (at least I get the same error here on Win 8.1 if I'm trying to enable a MIDI device in 'Control surfaces' and 'MIDI devices' at the same time.)
Thanks for the reply. I did try disabling the X-Touch midi in and out in MIDI Devices, and the X-Touch did not work properly. I was trying every possible option last night...maybe after making that change, I did not restart Reaper (or something). I will try it again tonight...disable it in MIDI Devices, then restart Reaper and see if that works.
Old 12-26-2021, 02:12 AM   #863
plant-on

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcab17 View Post
On a related issue, I am planning to add a NI Komplete Kontrol S49 MK2 midi keyboard to my studio. I have read that adding ReaKontrol is required to give this keyboard some needed integration with Reaper...but there is no mention of this working along with an X-Touch with Klinke.

Is there anyone here who has the X-Touch/Klinke plus ReaKonrol NI KK S Series (or similar) running in Reaper? Just wondering if there are any issues.
I can't imagine that this would be a problem. I've not tried this exact setup but I do have a number of midi devices working alongside each other and my MCU and they work fine together, including if they are both modifying fader values or values that the MCU is currently "watching".
Old 02-26-2022, 01:39 AM   #864
Wik

Default Recording FX parameters in cc section of midi editor

Hello everybody,

Thank you again Klinke for this fantastic job! Maybe someone can enlighten me on a dumb question.

I use FX-Mode to control plugin parameters. I can see how to record automations but is it possible to record CC values in the Midi Editor via this mode?

I use an X-Touch (yes, another one....) and an Advence64 keyboard.

Thanks in advance for your help
Wik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 08:22 AM   #865
Klinke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wik View Post
Hello everybody,

Thank you again Klinke for this fantastic job! Maybe someone can enlighten me on a dumb question.

I use FX-Mode to control plugin parameters. I can see how to record automations but is it possible to record CC values in the Midi Editor via this mode?

I use an X-Touch (yes, another one....) and an Advence64 keyboard.

Thanks in advance for your help
Maybe there is a JSFX script that send CCs, and you can control this slider, but it's not possible to do this directly.
Old 04-23-2022, 08:23 AM   #866
Klinke

Default v0.9.0.5 update

I uploaded v0.9.0.5 yesterday, as usual you can download it from https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

New:

It is now possible to control plug-ins on the master track. You
must select the master track via a self-assigned action or the
mouse, since there is no master track select button on the
hardware.

Bugfixes:

The track count for bank switching was incorrect if Anchors were
set in the Track Settings dialog, but the "Use Anchor" option was
set to No.

Fix for possible crashes when reopening a dialog.
Old 06-20-2022, 05:27 PM   #867
arunnmurthy

I use nanoKontrol2 and it works fine, is it possible to view/display which track is being controlled when moving to next or previous track set, as controller does not have display
arunnmurthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 08:18 AM   #868
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnmurthy View Post
I use nanoKontrol2 and it works fine, is it possible to view/display which track is being controlled when moving to next or previous track set, as controller does not have display
I'm using a BCR2000 with Klinke's plugin which also doesn't have a display.
I use BCManager (together with a virtual MIDI 'cable', loopMIDI) which includes a Mackie display emulation to show what's currently being controlled.

In this thread is a short video how it looks, post#13 (mainly for showing how FX parameters are controlled, but you get the idea).
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=60110
Old 06-29-2022, 03:41 PM   #869
arunnmurthy

Quote:
I'm using a BCR2000 with Klinke's plugin which also doesn't have a display.
I use BCManager (together with a virtual MIDI 'cable', loopMIDI) which includes a Mackie display emulation to show what's currently being controlled.

In this thread is a short video how it looks, post#13 (mainly for showing how FX parameters are controlled, but you get the idea).
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=60110
Thanks for the reply, sorry for delayed response.
Only issue noticed is if any track is set as folder subsequent child tracks are not controlled by nanoKONTROL2, any thoughts..

After reading below two forums was able to create a new UI which is docked on right side

Attached image and code

-- referred global variable
-- https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?p=2515849

-- referred UI creation
-- https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=176662
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nanoKONTROL track.jpg (46.5 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Actions with midi shortcuts.jpg (18.1 KB, 117 views)
Attached Files
File Type: zip nanoKONTROL2track+-.zip (1.7 KB, 91 views)
Old 06-29-2022, 04:07 PM   #870
nofish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunnmurthy View Post
Only issue noticed is if any track is set as folder subsequent child tracks are not controlled by nanoKONTROL2, any thoughts..
Klinke's plugin has a folder mode, you can 'dive' into folders to control the child tracks (can also be turned off iirc), check the manual.

Nice job with the UI.

Last edited by nofish; 06-29-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-29-2022, 05:00 PM   #871
arunnmurthy

Quote:
Klinke's plugin has a folder mode, you can 'dive' into folders to control the child tracks (can also be turned off iirc), check the manual.

Nice job with the UI.
Thank you for guiding, All good now
Old 12-31-2022, 06:09 AM   #872
CJPN

Default "Lexan" overlay

Hi folks,

If anybody happens to have the original Mackie Control Universal, I've created a full, and modifiable in Inkscape, overlay for Klinke's plugin. It was created from a scan of one of the original Lexan overlays.

I've yet to physically verify the sub-mm accuracy of all the button/LED/stud cutouts, as awaiting a set of hole punches from Amazon (£15). If anybody is interested, drop me a PM. I'll edit this message and post another response to this thread once any registration errors have been corrected.

All the best,

CJPN
Attached Images
File Type: png Lexan Overlay Reaper Small.png (140.3 KB, 82 views)
CJPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 02:45 PM   #873
richbike

Default Lexan thing

Nice one. You planning on making any? Cheers rich
richbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2023, 04:32 PM   #874
K8ch

Default Can I get an -old- version of Klinke files?

My NanoKontrol isn't being recognized by Kontakt -even though "Learn" works, in Reaper.

Several years ago, someone suggested version 8 (or possibly 8.3) might work.

So, I was hoping to find an old version, somewhere.
Is it available?
Old 02-25-2023, 06:37 AM   #875
bruce8306

[QUOTE=Klinke;2550445]I uploaded v0.9.0.5 yesterday, as usual you can download it from https://bitbucket.org/Klinkenstecker...mcu_klinke.zip

Thanks for the update.
Is is possible to sets surface offset (tracks) in Klinke B ?
Cause gotten a x touch extender.
bruce8306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:06 AM   #876
CJPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by richbike View Post
Nice one. You planning on making any? Cheers rich
Well, check out Overlays for Mackie Control Universal and Mackie Control Pro and you can make/print/fiddle with your own.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:24 PM   #877
Tedsorvino

Default Klinke extension (mcu pro) project tracks order

Hi. I ‘m quite new to kiinke and mackie mcu pro but quite experienced with reaper.
So my problem is that i’m using a MCP with a track order totally different to the TCP. On the MCU editor show list i’ve chosen the tracks that are shown on the mixer and with the mcu options i’ve chosen Mixer (or even Macke set) but the track order is not the one i have set on my MCP.
Actually it’s more like the TCP order, minus the tracks i’ve chosen not to show in the MCP and MCU with the klinke editor.
Anything i’ve missed or it just can’t be done?

Thanks
Tedsorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:39 PM   #878
CJPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsorvino View Post
Hi. I ‘m quite new to kiinke and mackie mcu pro but quite experienced with reaper.

Anything i’ve missed or it just can’t be done?

Thanks
This appears to be an old thread. Klinke created a new thread for latest developments, which can be viewed Mackie Control Klinke Update (v0.8.3)

Perhaps that will help? If it does, please be sure to delete all old instances of the plugins from wherever they were installed prior to installing new plugin.
Old 03-20-2023, 12:45 PM   #879
Tedsorvino

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJPN View Post
This appears to be an old thread. Klinke created a new thread for latest developments, which can be viewed Mackie Control Klinke Update (v0.8.3)

Perhaps that will help? If it does, please be sure to delete all old instances of the plugins from wherever they were installed prior to installing new plugin.
Thanks Cjpn.i’m sure it’s not the old plug ins instances, since i’ve only used the latest klinke release.
I’ll try the other thread.
Tedsorvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 12:48 PM   #880
CJPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tedsorvino View Post
Thanks Cjpn.i’m sure it’s not the old plug ins instances, since i’ve only used the latest klinke release.
I’ll try the other thread.
When you say "latest release", do you mean that acquired via the latest BitBucket links? v0.9.xx.yy?