Old 07-18-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
srdmusic
Human being with feelings

Default Load Session without startup actions?

Several times a day I need to open multiple sessions in tabs. Every time I open my sessions Reaper runs my startup actions. Some of my startup actions will then terminate scripts and toggle settings that I don't want when loading in second project.

So is there a way to load a second session in a project tab without that session running through all my start up actions.

Or maybe is there a way of having an action check to see if a script is already running and if so, skip to the next step in a custom action. This way I could set up a custom startup action that check to see if my scripts are already running so that it doesn't terminate them if they are.
srdmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2019, 12:24 PM   #2
foxAsteria

There are global and project startup settings. Sounds like you only need to run them once at startup and not the load of every project.

There's also Project List, which can load multiple projects at once, but you still need to disable startup actions in those projects.

I think the only options are to terminate the script or run another instance if it's detected running. I agree there should be an option to just do nothing in that case.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:04 PM   #3
srdmusic

Found a solution. There is a way to check if a script is loaded at startup and skip it if it's already up.

Create a lua file in text editor with the following

Script Name = reaper.NamedCommandLookup("Command ID")

if reaper.GetToggleCommandState(script name) ~= 1 then
reaper.Main_OnCommand(script name, 0)
end

Just replace the 'Script name' with the name of your script and replace the 'Command ID' with the scripts Command ID copied from your action list.

Save the file as startup.lua. Load it into Reaper and add it as the first entry in your to your custom start up action.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:06 PM   #4
srdmusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
There are global and project startup settings. Sounds like you only need to run them once at startup and not the load of every project.

There's also Project List, which can load multiple projects at once, but you still need to disable startup actions in those projects.

I think the only options are to terminate the script or run another instance if it's detected running. I agree there should be an option to just do nothing in that case.
This option works but I'll have resave ever old session with the project startup option removed. For everyone starting with Reaper the Global startup setting is the way to go. For everyone that has project startup settings saved on all there old session the start up script I posted earlier will work.