Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 05-01-2020, 09:31 PM   #1
Joe90
Human being with feelings

Default Revoice Pro 4 ARA 2 compatibility with Reaper?

Anyone tried Revoice Pro 4 via ARA within Reaper?

It's currently on sale, I've used it before when it was standalone with no ARA and it's great.
If it works smoothly via ARA with Reaper then I'll probably pick it up.

Melodyne works great via ARA as Take FX, Vocalign works too, so I assume this would.

Anyone tried it via ARA in Reaper?
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 01:50 PM   #2
larryJ

Default Revoice/Vocalign

I'm curious as well..also, you mention Vocalign Pro ARA working...I don;t have an iLok dongle so even on sale this thing's still a high cost proposition, especially untested. Do you have Vocalign pro and use it with REAPER? With ARA now, can a guide track be dragged and dropped and then a bunch of clips dragged and dropped all at once to the Dub and will Vocalign Pro then process them all and replace the clips with the aligned clips? I cannot quite figure this capability out from the material I can find online. My biggest curiosity stems from work on virtual choir material where I may have 20-40 clips to align...that's a lot of hand adjusting, and even Vocalign project is a nightmare (2 minutes is too short and handling one track at a time is a bear). Anyway, if you have wisdom to share, please do :-) Meanwhile, I am curious of any others reply on use of Revoice. I tried the standalone Revoice and it made my samples diverge from the alignment they started with...so I suspect I did something wrong...it is far less than intuitive and the documentation tells more about what it can do than how to get it to do what needs to be done...so I got frustrated. I did find a bug in Vocalign project...dragging the end points in Dub and Guide does no work right...they said they would have their developers work on it as they were able to recreate it...FYI. Support is VERY responsive.
larryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:44 PM   #3
Joe90

I bought revoice pro 4, it works brilliantly via ARA, updating in real time as you'd expect.

Regarding vocalign pro doing multiple alignments at once, I see no reason why this wouldn't work just as smoothly. My advice when using ARA plugins in Reaper is always load them as take FX.
Joe90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 02:58 PM   #4
larryJ

Default Vocalign Pro

Thanks for the advice!
larryJ is offline   Reply With Quote