Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 08-29-2009, 10:27 AM   #1
mrpeabody
Human being with feelings

Default feature requests

- Option to have price graphs start at zero

- Fix wishlist import

- Overlay the three graphs in the Greasemonkey display

- One-click item tracking: Paste url into the search box like always, but instead of having to click into an options page, just hit a separate "auto-add" button that adds it with your default preferences. This will lessen the pain of wishlist import being broken.

Thanks for a great tool.
Old 08-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #2
Dan
up here in my tree

I will get the Wishlist importer fixed ASAP. Long story short, Amazon recently changed their site and we have to upgrade ours to match.

A combined history chart in the GM display would be much more convenient, let me see what I can do there.

And for your third request, I think it would be useful even after the wishlist importer is fixed! Being able to define default tracking settings would be great for pre-populating forms, too.

Thanks for taking the time to make a request, I love when people do that! Sadly, it seems rare =/
Old 09-05-2009, 09:21 AM   #3
mrpeabody

Thanks for the response.

What do you think about a zero-origin graph option? It feels kind of strange to see these huge zigzags when something went from $186 to $184 and back.
Old 09-05-2009, 04:37 PM   #4
Dan
up here in my tree

I definitely think it's an issue we need to address somehow. Are the current graphs more confusing than helpful? We could simply replace them with zero-origin graphs...

Or maybe zero-origin graphs could provide some kind of clickable link to "zoom in" on the region the current graphs show? A "view in more detail" kind of thing.

The third option (or first, since you posted it first!) might be best - users can choose which they want to see. But then have it toggle-able from each product page, so you can view both.

What do you think would work best?
Old 09-08-2009, 11:05 PM   #5
Dan
up here in my tree

Wishlist import has been fixed!
Old 09-13-2009, 12:59 AM   #6
Dan
up here in my tree

Greasemonkey charts have been combined into one! That cleans up the GM popup window nicely =D
Old 09-13-2009, 06:20 PM   #7
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I definitely think it's an issue we need to address somehow. Are the current graphs more confusing than helpful? We could simply replace them with zero-origin graphs...

Or maybe zero-origin graphs could provide some kind of clickable link to "zoom in" on the region the current graphs show? A "view in more detail" kind of thing.

The third option (or first, since you posted it first!) might be best - users can choose which they want to see. But then have it toggle-able from each product page, so you can view both.

What do you think would work best?
Thanks for the fixes!

It seems like a graph you can click on to zoom in or out would be the easiest to use. I can imagine wanting to switch back and forth.

If that's too hard to implement, a switch on the options page would be good too.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #8
mrpeabody

^^ my post
Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #9
Dan
up here in my tree

The ability to switch between zero origin charts and our default charts has been added to Camel product pages.

Check it out: https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/640056/switcher.png

And here's where that came from: http://camelcamelcamel.com/product/B0029ZA25W?chart=1

Let me know how it works for you :]
Old 09-24-2009, 12:08 AM   #10
Dan
up here in my tree

Tonight I added a Chart Display Style option to user profiles. This lets you control how charts are displayed on our site.

https://stash.reaper.fm/oldsb/641268/new-option.png
Old 10-26-2009, 09:44 AM   #11
montreid

How about tracking prices of featured merchants? I believe that the majority of people shop featured merchants first then other merchants if they happen to see a lower price and consider the risk/benefit ratio of that purchase.

Perhaps there's a way to toggle that feature on the price tracker?

Old 10-26-2009, 01:42 PM   #12
montreid

Another feature would be low inventory, like if Amazon has <10-50 items left of a certain item available. That would be a great way to remind us to buy it before it goes out of stock on an item that we've been watching for price drops.

Old 10-27-2009, 10:44 AM   #13
Dan
up here in my tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreid View Post
Another feature would be low inventory, like if Amazon has <10-50 items left of a certain item available. That would be a great way to remind us to buy it before it goes out of stock on an item that we've been watching for price drops.
I've heard (and possibly seen) Amazon puts their inventory numbers to "1" once they drop below a certain point, so I'm not sure we'd be able to accurately track this. It seems worth investigating though.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:32 AM   #14
Unregistered

Default amazon stock at 1 item

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
I've heard (and possibly seen) Amazon puts their inventory numbers to "1" once they drop below a certain point, so I'm not sure we'd be able to accurately track this. It seems worth investigating though.
i've noticed this as well. certain products will say there's only 1 in stock. is it a ploy to make you go, 'oh crap! only one left!' *impulse decision*

haha i dunno but i indeed have seen this several times myself.

and about the merchants thing... eh... i'm a natural misanthrope, so i'm always wary to buy other than straight from amazon -- point in case, using the fantastic firefox addin, i was watching a product and it hit a deal i couldn't pass up. it was like 1/4th of it's normal price. then i got to the merchant's site and started reading all the fine print and ah.. found the catch... there is an extra 1.99 tacked on to each item after shipping costs, plus a 'frieght charge' of like 6.99 per item!?! so even though they looked like i was getting a steal, it was quite the opposite.. i was about to get robbed