Old 12-26-2017, 10:01 PM   #1
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Default Theme tweaker needs overhaul

It's just set up in an almost adversarial manner. If I want to change five things I never make it that far. Why can't it be as navigable as the Actions are, at least. One can't even arrow key through them as the color wheel pops up at every one and stalls it. The language could be much better so that it's clearer where to go when you know what you want to change but need to spend time matching the Reaper description of it.

Honestly, I was showing Reaper to someone who asked how to make a few simple color changes in the Track panel, to improve waveform legibility in a theme I was showing off. And upon showing how to access the Theme Tweaker he said "You're kidding, right?"

And I don't disagree. Why does it have to be so much worse than the Actions window, where you can search and filter and hide everything you don't wish to see, and navigate with arrow keys?
Old 08-06-2018, 09:08 PM   #2
vdubreeze
Human being with feelings

Just had the choice tonight of not changing the colors that needed to be changed or getting carpal tunnel (seriously) from scrolling all around the Theme Tweak trying to make the tempo in the transport visible. I chose the former.

OK, it's too hard to find what you need since you can't arrow down the list without the color wheel popping up, since the organization is random and you can't search like you can for actions, so why not let us uncheck the ones we'll never use to remove them from the list? If the navigation was easy it wouldn't be an issue, but as it is I absolutely dread needing to make a trip to the Tweaker even for one change, knowing I'll have to trackpad around 64 group colors and so many others that are as low priority as groups 33 through 64.

If the idea is that Reaper is customizable, and there are themes that are preferable to the default but are too neon or have a nearly invisible text somewhere due to color, and the solution is to use the Theme Tweak...it's not customizable if you can't be in it for more than a minute before you want to leave it. I don't open ini files and change numbers to adjust something. Just not me.

If all the tweaks have to stay where they are, please make it possible to navigate the window with arrow keys and a search box. I like what's not half-assed about Reaper, but given that so much of it requires customizing one's set-up, that it's not going to be ready right out of the box, this is unfortunately something that is.