Old 06-19-2020, 08:19 AM   #81
EpicSounds
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Could someone please check it?
Is working for me with my code or yours (mine is same but forces rgba and optional invert).

track 1: oscilloscope, overlay code
track 2: background video
track 3: video sample peeker

in project settings, video order is low to high
Old 06-19-2020, 11:13 AM   #82
Eliseat

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
Is working for me with my code or yours (mine is same but forces rgba and optional invert).

track 1: oscilloscope, overlay code
track 2: background video
track 3: video sample peeker

in project settings, video order is low to high
Sorry for the panic. I did for some reason the background image at track one what of course didn't work.

Shame in me (*^_^*)

Greetings
Old 06-19-2020, 11:35 AM   #83
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eliseat View Post
Sorry for the panic. I did for some reason the background image at track one what of course didn't work.
The video part of Reaper is somehow unlogical for me. So it's okay, don't worry.
vitalker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2020, 07:45 PM   #84
Msingh95

Default Broken "Save As" function

So, I'm not sure where to place this, but I was using Reaper 6.0 before this, had no problems whatsoever. Now I upgraded to 6.12c, and my "save as" function is broken. Any time I try to "save as" and I have the boxes checked for copy media into folder and create sub-directory (2 check boxes), Reaper freezes. doesn't save. I have to go to task manager and end reaper to get out of it.

The other thing is that it sometimes doesn't load a project and gets stuck in the initialize phase, and then just never moves or opens a project I'm trying to load. I always open the reaper program and open a file through the program. I'm not sure what to do, since for the first time, some of the basic features I use very often are not working.

Can anyone help me? I've been upgrading versions of reaper since 4.0, so I don't think I'm doing anything particularly wrong...

EDIT: I'm trying a workaround by copying all the tracks of my project into a "new" project and using the "save as" with "create subfolder" and "copy files into media director". I don't know if it'll be perfect, because it's taking ages, and Usually this process happens so quickly. Everything was fine and perfect in reaper 6.0, but I'm kinda stuck using the latest version of reaper since I opened up a few old projects and mixed them using the latest version. So now when I open new files in reaper 6.0, it says reaper doesn't recognize some of the project (probably things I might have edited that don't work that way in 6.0). I feel kinda lost and I've been sitting here for 15 mins for a project with a maximum of 20 tracks. No way I can downgrade to work on my old projects now since the latest versions are better

Last edited by Msingh95; 06-23-2020 at 09:26 AM.
Msingh95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 11:24 AM   #85
Dafarkias

Ol' Dafark's been gone for a few months, off getting my ass kicked by life.

I like the new API functions to change theme color elements. Now I can rewrite one of my scripts that uses a super klunky workaround to change colors on whim.

Also, I guess the boys are now working Area Selection? That's pretty cool. I think there were a few people pretty rabid about that feature not existing

Support my feature request!
Dafarkias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:40 PM   #86
peter5992

Quick question: are the bugs in 6.12 fixed now in 6.12c, or should I revert to a previous version? I read through the entire thread but I'm not sure what the current status is.

Thanks.
peter5992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2020, 02:45 PM   #87
vitalker

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter5992 View Post
Quick question: are the bugs in 6.12 fixed now in 6.12c, or should I revert to a previous version? I read through the entire thread but I'm not sure what the current status is.
Which bugs are you talking about?
Old 06-23-2020, 04:31 PM   #88
Kundalinguist

Unrelated to this release, but thanks to the Reaper team for offering a free license during the C19 pandemic and also naming this release in moral support of the BLM movement.

Further proof of your company's independence of thought and strength of character in these uncertain and volatile times.
Old 06-23-2020, 05:32 PM   #89
peter5992

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalker View Post
Which bugs are you talking about?

The ones referred above with FX not copying over from one track to another, etc.

I haven't been paying close attention, to be honest. Program seems to be working fine for me but I don't like surprises. Thanks.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:39 AM   #90
synkrotron

Quote:
The ones referred above with FX not copying over from one track to another, etc.

I haven't been paying close attention, to be honest. Program seems to be working fine for me but I don't like surprises. Thanks.
I must admit that I, too, have lost the thread of this release with regards to issues and I am therefore waiting for V6.13

I normally dive right in but early problems with this one put me off.
Old 06-24-2020, 01:16 AM   #91
vitalker

Quote:

If you open the link http://reaper.fm/download.php, you'll see dot near 6.12c release note, which send us to https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2304239. I hope it helped.
Old 06-24-2020, 04:21 AM   #92
Xasman

Default ReaSynth Portamento

Firstly, Many thanks for adding portamento to ReaSynth and RS5K.

However, there seems to be a discrepancy in portamento behaviour between the two:

In ReaSynth, portamento occurs only when incoming MIDI notes overlap,

BUT

In RS5K, portamento occurs whether or not incoming MIDI notes overlap.

--

I would prefer it if ReaSynth were to behave like RS5K, i.e. portamento should occur whether or not incoming MIDI notes overlap. This is how portamento works on most synths, after all. Would this be possible?

Also in ReaSynth, I note that choosing any portamento value other than 0 automatically switches the synth into mono/legato mode. Is there any chance that we could also have the option of a poly/legato mode too?
Xasman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 04:45 AM   #93
peter5992

Quote:
If you open the link http://reaper.fm/download.php, you'll see dot near 6.12c release note, which send us to https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php?p=2304239. I hope it helped.

Hmm ... yeah, that is this thread, but there's a lot of discussion above with Justin saying about some stuff it's going to be fixed in 6.12c. I'm still kind of confused. Thanks anyway.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:19 AM   #94
vitalker

Quote:
Hmm ... yeah, that is this thread, but there's a lot of discussion above with Justin saying about some stuff it's going to be fixed in 6.12c. I'm still kind of confused. Thanks anyway.
If it says it's fixed, then it's fixed.
And Dimson wrote this comment. https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=57
You can check the second page to be sure, but I'm sure it's fixed, because Dimson wrote it works now.
Old 06-24-2020, 05:22 AM   #95
akademie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xasman View Post
Firstly, Many thanks for adding portamento to ReaSynth and RS5K.

However, there seems to be a discrepancy in portamento behaviour between the two:

In ReaSynth, portamento occurs only when incoming MIDI notes overlap,

BUT

In RS5K, portamento occurs whether or not incoming MIDI notes overlap.

--

I would prefer it if ReaSynth were to behave like RS5K, i.e. portamento should occur whether or not incoming MIDI notes overlap. This is how portamento works on most synths, after all. Would this be possible?

Also in ReaSynth, I note that choosing any portamento value other than 0 automatically switches the synth into mono/legato mode. Is there any chance that we could also have the option of a poly/legato mode too?
No change required. If anything, then maybe another parameter for option to select if portamento is triggered all the time or only when playing legato.

Mono mode? Heh, I am actually glad that we can have ReaSynh with one voice now instead of poly only. (Maybe again selector for polyphony = 1/2/4/8/16/32/unlimited ?... but hey, then what about multiple outputs for each of the voice to be able to use it with post-inserted filers etc. to build our poly-synths?

Last edited by akademie; 06-24-2020 at 05:23 AM. Reason: typos
akademie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 11:51 AM   #96
peter5992

Quote:
If it says it's fixed, then it's fixed.
And Dimson wrote this comment. https://forum.cockos.com/showpost.ph...0&postcount=57
You can check the second page to be sure, but I'm sure it's fixed, because Dimson wrote it works now.

Oh I see, thanks.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:19 PM   #97
ouchris

Default issues?

I just upgraded to 6.12c and started having issues with notes not playing when pressed but like 1 or 2 seconds after.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version to test?
ouchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2020, 12:29 PM   #98
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by akademie View Post
...maybe another parameter for option to select if portamento is triggered all the time or only when playing legato.
I would argue that option is not required because IMHO the current behaviour is simply undesirable.

The thing is that playing legato does not mean that notes should overlap, just that each note should be played full-length. It's quite normal to play legato on a monophonic instrument where notes cannot overlap, after all. Anyway, to the best of my knowledge, in most synths and samplers, portamento glides between consecutive melodic intervals, regardless of their note lengths.

IMHO portamento in ReaSynth should work this way too, and simply not require notes to overlap (in the same way as in RS5K).

Last edited by Xasman; 06-25-2020 at 04:10 AM. Reason: slightly reworded for clarity
Old 06-24-2020, 03:04 PM   #99
synkrotron

Quote:
Originally Posted by ouchris View Post
I just upgraded to 6.12c and started having issues with notes not playing when pressed but like 1 or 2 seconds after.

Is there a way to go back to the previous version to test?
https://www.reaper.fm/download-old.php
Old 06-27-2020, 01:52 PM   #100
faun2500

Midi notes wont play on on the first beat when looped after this update. Anyone got that?

http://bit.ly/free-sample-packs- Totally Free High Quality Sample Packs
faun2500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2020, 12:54 PM   #101
Xasman

Quote:
Originally Posted by faun2500 View Post
Midi notes wont play on on the first beat when looped after this update. Anyone got that?
Nope. All works as expected here.
Old 07-14-2020, 05:33 PM   #102
dna598

+ RS5k: small reorganization of controls

hmmm, could we have seen a bit more "reorganization"? and by that i mean "replacement".

The sampler envelope controls are laid out as "ASDR", when we all know the convention to be "ADSR". Why?

Also, I'm sure this has been asked, but while I'm here, kindly remind me why it shifts sample pitch in weird blocks of .16 cents?

It's so skeletal and never does what I expect, with obvious room for improvement, but that appears not to be on the roadmap.

RS5K. My number one pet peeve in Reaper.
dna598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 04:36 AM   #103
bFooz

Quote:
Originally Posted by dna598 View Post
The sampler envelope controls are laid out as "ASDR", when we all know the convention to be "ADSR". Why?

...why it shifts sample pitch in weird blocks of .16 cents?
Please, Devs, invest yourself into UX. Things like above sometimes even feels disrespectful to users and definitely creates frustration.

Last edited by bFooz; 07-15-2020 at 05:57 AM.
bFooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 07:52 PM   #104
strachupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpander View Post
+ Custom menu/toolbar editor: allow inserting multiple actions at once
Actions appear in bug order all over the place. More actions selected at once cause more mess.

@edit
fixed before I could blink, thank you

Last edited by strachupl; 06-07-2023 at 12:04 PM.
strachupl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 04:23 AM   #105
schwa
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by strachupl View Post
Actions appear in bug order all over the place. More actions selected at once cause more mess.
Fixing, thanks for the report.
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2023, 11:05 PM   #106
TonE

I would love it if toolbar construction could happen via drag and drop. Also replacement via drag and drop. Would be much faster. Drag drop out of toolbar could delete element. You would look at element in your toolbar, if you do not understand what it does, just drop out for deletion. This would be one practical use case. Then add stuff you understand. No need for nonsense in the toolbars.
TonE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2023, 03:11 AM   #107
Coachz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonE View Post
I would love it if toolbar construction could happen via drag and drop. Also replacement via drag and drop. Would be much faster. Drag drop out of toolbar could delete element. You would look at element in your toolbar, if you do not understand what it does, just drop out for deletion. This would be one practical use case. Then add stuff you understand. No need for nonsense in the toolbars.
Yep that would be great. Control click or shift click to select non-continuous or continuous ranges and then simply drag off to delete or to another toolbar to copy.

Also adding dropdowns so that you can have I drop down with more icons there
Coachz is online now   Reply With Quote