Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-08-2020, 06:28 AM   #1
metronomme
Human being with feelings

Default Parameter Modulation (sidechain): Attack not working as expected

I tried this in all possible ways, and can't figure out if it's a bug or just a misunderstanding on my side (on a side note, the parameter modulation doc is quite vague; for example, it took me a while to understand that "max volume" and "min volume" are threshold values for the control signal!)

1) When the direction is set to "Positive" and both "attack" and "release" set to 0 (zero), the modulation works as expected; i.e. the modulated value will change according to "strength", following the threshold established by "min volume" and "max volume".
2) If I increase the "release", the modulated parameter will indeed come back to "baseline" as expected, and the same happens with the "attack" value.
However, here is the bug:

3) If I now increase the "attack", the modulated parameter will only be affected by a percentage of the expected value; furthermore, if I now set "release" to 0 (zero), then the modulation doesn't happen at all!

Just to clarify, all the tests I have been doing with this were set to the following conditions: a 1 sec control signal of white noise @ -6db, a 5 sec sinus waveform as a modulated signal. I used a simple JS Volume as a test, although my intention was to use it for other purposes.

I will generate a gif and attach it, but I would expect this functionality to be sorted out soon, as it seems pretty basic and it clearly isn't working as expected!!

Thanks
metronomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 06:36 AM   #2
metronomme

metronomme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2022, 11:59 AM   #3
tomtjes

I have a similar issue, where the attack doesn't seem to change, regardless of the value I give it. I'd like a slow attack of, say 900 ms, and an equally slow release. While the release works fine, the attack kicks in immediately.
tomtjes is offline   Reply With Quote