Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 06-18-2018, 10:36 AM   #1
nocturn
Human being with feelings

Default aligned to grid, glued, extending loop, misalignment

ill have a bunch of fragments, i glue them and cut out an even, perfect 1 bar loop. i select it and glue it agian. now i have an item that looks like its length is exactly 1 bar. but when i grab the edge and drag the loops out across the song, zoom in to the last grid line, its misaligned. barely, but it is, and if extend out even further, its audible. i went back through all my tracks and its everywhere :_( now i know where the "feel" went...

im using the newest version but i havent bought a licence yet. could this be hidden crippleware? i have a whole list of little quirks im experiencing but this one is the most damaging, most aggravating, making one of reaper's cooler abilities, and modern musics most fundamental tools, unusable. please someone tell me i ticked something somewhere by mistake...

i work around it and zoom in, realigning using timestretch every time i extend a loop but imagine how annoying it is. i have years of tracks i made before i noticed this. anything else i might not have noticed but is also sabotaging all my floopin hard work?

i can record a screen capture of it happening but i think if this sounds bizarre, you should hurry home and see if you arent fredizled too. make a perfect 1 bar loop, glue it down as one item (sometimes the fragments are shifted in the new item btw but thats another issue), and drag the loops out to the right. effect visable past 20 bars, audible soon after. zoom all the way in. and if you think tiny little shifts like that dont make a difference, they make a tremendous difference when it comes to groove or phase, the timber of a chord, its harmony, the logic in your brain and its harmony...sigh, anyone? couldnt find anything related on these forums..

as long as youre working with only loops you wont notice because all your tracks are misaligned by the same amount, gradually as the song progresses. in time with each other but totally off the grid. and you have to zoom in all the way in to see it.
nocturn is offline   Reply With Quote