Old 07-29-2018, 05:16 PM   #1
Unkle Bonehead
Human being with feelings

Default Any rules on collabs?

Just wondering if there are any rules on collabing. I see a lot of people posting music but no collabs.

1) Do you just PM someone you think my be interested?

2) Can I just post a song I am working on and ask if anybody has anything they would like to add?

3) Do we share the .rpp files and source or is there a way to put them on something like github and just get updates pushed and pulled? Would Google drive work for this?

I've got 2 that I am working on currently that could use some other persons creativity.
One needs a real bass guitar/drums and rocking guitar solo/fills.
The other needs lyrics/vocalist, real bass guitar. Possible guitar solo/fills.

I'll post them and see if anybody takes a shot.
Old 07-29-2018, 11:43 PM   #2
RDBOIS
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkle Bonehead View Post
Just wondering if there are any rules on collabing. I see a lot of people posting music but no collabs.

1) Do you just PM someone you think my be interested?

2) Can I just post a song I am working on and ask if anybody has anything they would like to add?

3) Do we share the .rpp files and source or is there a way to put them on something like github and just get updates pushed and pulled? Would Google drive work for this?

I've got 2 that I am working on currently that could use some other persons creativity.
One needs a real bass guitar/drums and rocking guitar solo/fills.
The other needs lyrics/vocalist, real bass guitar. Possible guitar solo/fills.

I'll post them and see if anybody takes a shot.
I haven't seen any official rules on this forum about collaboration. What I've seen is mostly collaborations growing organically from people asking and other responding.

I've collaborated a few times on a few songs.

I can't speak for others, but for my part I need to hear 'something' before I decide to collaborate. I'm busy, but if I hear something I like and feel I can add something meaningful that won't take too much time, then I'm in. Starting a song from quasi-stratch requires faith and commitment/time.

I've seen better platforms (i.e. dedicated websites) for such things - places artists go to in order to collaborate. These websites are functionally designed for such things. This doesn't mean that you won't find people in the REAPER discussion forum.

I saw your other posts. I was sort of interested until I saw that I had to download a half-gig zip file in order to try to sort out something I could possibly have a listen to determine if the song was up my alley or not. I aborted my interest seeing that I only have a 15 gig/month data plan with my Internet service provider. May I suggest you put an Mp3 of a song demo?

As for the best format to collaborate, I'm not the best to answer. I know some people a use very sophisticated technology. Other ZIP the project file along with the MEDIA file (i.e. audio data).

I hope this helps? Good luck. Collaboration are fun!
RDBOIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:10 AM   #3
G-Sun

Rule #1: There are no rules

Rule #2: Be nice

Rule #3: Ask for what you want.

Rule #4: Don't expect anyone to do your work,
if your not willing to put in the energy yourself

Rule #5: Make the decisions for your project
(You're driving a car, and you can't go everywhere anybody is telling you to go)

Rule #6: Be thankful

Rule #7: Have fun!
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2018, 01:54 AM   #4
Unkle Bonehead

G-Sun-I love those rules!

RDBOIS-
I've seen those other sites as well. I was even on one back in it's early days when it was free. Had a great experience on there and loved it but at the time I had way too many irons in the fire to stay. I hate when life gets in the way of what we want to do.

Ironically I included an mp3 of those songs in their respective zip files. There is a reason my nickname includes the word bonehead, lol!
I've updated the posts now.

Thank you!
Old 07-30-2018, 02:29 AM   #5
Bri1
Banned

Quote:
Just wondering if there are any rules on collabing. I see a lot of people posting music but no collabs. .
elloello-- reaper comes with ninjam_>?_ it was initially created for jamming sessions-- some rules apply there i guess --think it uses ogg compressions,so bandwidth uses are kept to minimums until project is finally rendered to a higher q.

i had tried it when 1st tried reaper,but because i do not jam band stylee,decided it was not my thing--but it works well for some from what i can gather.
maybe give it a shot--some sessions are open to jam along with i think,some are passworded,or private (not sure if it's still that way,or even if the servers are still up for it>?)

reaper does have 1 really wikkid option for recordings as well- you can set rec options--per track!!>> this is usefull for recording the same parts,but u can use 1 very low qaulity tracking/render for sharing over net,1 for your hq archiving.

there's a heap of sharing,collab services online-- some people find gdrive,or dropbox collabs just as much fun---because they can work on stuff non realtime+ exchange files back n forth that way..
my bruv n i used to use skype-but stopped since it got taken over by spycrosoft.
some people are also really picky about copyrightings,so if your looking to have pure fun+jam,i would avoid them 'types'
glhf.
**btway-with great practice,skills and the right kit--you can do it all yourself!!
1 man bands are great!! -but would not want to depend on a 1 man army,just yet!!

++ for me-music is total collaboration because as stated::
"synonyms:
cooperation, alliance, partnership, participation, combination, association, concert; teamwork, joint effort, working together, coopetition"

music is great as a personal journey,experience--but really,the true joy is in the joining of communities+sharing of them communities.
people do not just join bands or orchestra for the kit or skills,they also join for companionship and friendships.

Last edited by Bri1; 07-30-2018 at 03:10 AM. Reason: 1Xtra.
Bri1 is offline   Reply With Quote