Old 07-31-2018, 05:38 AM   #81
Ozman
Human being with feelings

Is it an issue of lag/performance or is it the peaks might not be correct?
Ozman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 08:23 AM   #82
dazastah

It is when selecting the next or previous sample in current directory .. the buttons and or scripts select the next or previous file. Reaper creates peak files when previewing audio files in the media explorer. The manager tries to load the peak files per rsk5 instance. Would be a minor useful adjustment to ignore peak files or non audio files when going to next or previous file. Does this make sense ?
dazastah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 11:18 PM   #83
mpl

Ah got it, it doesn't filter proper source extensions when listing files in directory. Thanks, fixing.
mpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:08 PM   #84
Ozman

Super Update!

Thanks for taking into consideration the suggestions we're making.
The RS5K Manager feels more and more intuitive.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:52 AM   #85
mccrabney

cool! just saw the updates from july 31 and aug 1. thanks so much for all of the individual RS5K actions, too!
mccrabney is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2018, 05:51 AM   #86
mccrabney

ahh there are some wonderful improvements here. thank you! MPL, i have been hoping for these function since 2011, you are a legend.

----------

issue 1.71: renamed midi notes don't apply to parent track.
1- open RS5K manager
2- dragndrop options: ~ "always to new track"
3- load multiple samples (new tracks are created)
4- click a sample while viewing parent track
5- rename midi note
6- open midi editor for parent track.
NOTE: no renamed midi note (undesired behavior)
7- open midi item for child track
NOTE: midi note is renamed for child (desired behavior)

----------

FR: a script-action to "open FX chain for any track with managed RS5K instance where notestart/noteend = 60" ... this will allow us to open a specific managed RS5K pad/track's FX chain by controller (without opening unmanaged RS5K instances where notestart/noteend also = 60).

if you make 1 for notestart/end 60, i will make the rest! and then you can publish on your repo if you want. or maybe you have better idea to achieve the goal: the goal is to use action to focus single pad's fx chain, so we don't have to use the mouse.

-----------

regarding RS5k_manager_control_functions: AWESOME.

hopefully an easy FR: option for "focused instance only" (or better: "last played") versions of all the increment/decrement rs5k param actions. this way, we could use a key modifier for GLOBAL param changes, and normal hotkeys for FOCUSED param changes.

use case: chop 1 drum sample into 64 pieces, assign to RS5K manager, use current scripts to pitch everything down -4 semitones, then use (LAST PLAYED/FOCUSED) param change to fine-tune that sample.

----------

i think that's it for now. please let me know if my language is unclear. by the way, i think i can withdraw my previous request for file renaming, if the midi note name thing gets resolved.
Old 08-02-2018, 08:36 AM   #87
EpicSounds

me and another user ran into an error today after syncing reapack

mpl_RS5k_manager_obj.lua:1218: bad argument #2 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)
Old 08-07-2018, 09:03 AM   #88
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicSounds View Post
me and another user ran into an error today after syncing reapack

mpl_RS5k_manager_obj.lua:1218: bad argument #2 to 'gsub' (string/function/table expected)

This one. Does it works with fresh update?
Old 08-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #89
todd_r

Finally got round to using this and its brilliant, thanks MPL! dropped a donation for this and your other brilliant scripts (just happened across the track fx randomizer, every plugin should have a radomizer )

An FR, don't know if its been mentioned. Would it be possible for the pads to light up when they're triggered so you can easily identify them?
todd_r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #90
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by todd_r View Post
Would it be possible for the pads to light up when they're triggered so you can easily identify them?
Unfortunately there is no way to tracking MIDI input from ReaScript.
Old 08-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #91
todd_r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpl View Post
Unfortunately there is no way to tracking MIDI input from ReaScript.
Ah ok, seems an odd oversight on Cockos' part.

I also have bug, the nobs work, but don't give any visual feedback. Any ideas?
Old 08-10-2018, 11:36 AM   #92
todd_r

Well, it does a bit, but doesn't look right...

Old 08-10-2018, 11:49 AM   #93
mpl

Quote:
Well, it does a bit, but doesn't look right...
They shouldn`t show any values(can`t reproduce on my machine).
They act as linear VCA faders (do NOT set absolue values) so it is impossible to show value, also some parameters are non linear. Probably I should remove these controls to prevent questions like your, sorry for confusion.
Old 08-10-2018, 02:57 PM   #94
todd_r

Quote:
... Probably I should remove these controls to prevent questions like your, sorry for confusion.
No problem. Well, I'd prefer they were there than not at all
Old 08-13-2018, 12:44 PM   #95
mpl

Quote:
No problem. Well, I'd prefer they were there than not at all
It seems I did it for myself. The numbers show RAW linear values of changed parameters. To know current values at least this waym let it be for now as is.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:07 AM   #96
vanhaze

mpl,

Is it maybe possible to make an option that, when dialing a sample pitch knob, it will
increment / decrement by whole semitone steps, instead of the current behaviour: parts of semitones.

Many thanks in advance !
Old 08-19-2018, 07:26 AM   #97
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanhaze View Post
Is it maybe possible to make an option that, when dialing a sample pitch knob, it will increment / decrement by whole semitone steps, instead of the current behaviour: parts of semitones.
Are you sure you run latest version? The behaviour was changed in 1.57, current behaviour: drag is semitones, ctrl+drag is finetune.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:43 AM   #98
vanhaze

Mmmm.. thats great to hear mpl !

But is this script maybe not in ReaPack ?
I always do "synchronize packages" whenever i start Reaper, so being sure i always have the latest versions of the scripts in ReaPack.

If i check the version number of the Script: mpl_RS5k manager.lua, i indeed see that its an older version i am running : v1.26.
Old 08-19-2018, 07:54 AM   #99
mpl

It is VERY old version and I strongly recommend to not using anything lower than 1.50 (the better choice is latest version, currently it is 1.74).
The name was changed, you probably have 'Action list/Reapack: Manage repositories/Options/Install new packages automatically' turned off. After 1.26 name was changed to RS5k manager (background).lua.
Also you may not have latest ReaPack version so you were not asked for removing old RS5k manager as obsolete and install new version (default).

Action list/ReaPack: Browse packages.../navigate and install RS5k manager (background). There was a lot of features added (including adding samples from browser/explorer and others), structure changed to be more stable, pattern editor was deleted as unstable, added sample mixer etc.
Old 08-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #100
vanhaze

Many thanks for your help mpl !
Old 08-21-2018, 05:08 AM   #101
todd_r

Quote:
...There was a lot of features added (including adding samples from browser/explorer and others), structure changed to be more stable, pattern editor was deleted as unstable...
Any chance we might see the pattern editor back?
Old 08-21-2018, 09:51 AM   #102
mpl

Probably yes, but it is not in my to-do list (i.e. I will not use it).
Old 08-29-2018, 08:08 PM   #103
buttfreak

maybe I am missing something completely... but when I run the rs5k manager and drag files to a pad, either from the media explorer or windows explorer, nothing happens at all. I feel like I just have no idea how to use this correctly. Everything is up to date as well.
buttfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 10:13 PM   #104
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by buttfreak View Post
maybe I am missing something completely... but when I run the rs5k manager and drag files to a pad, either from the media explorer or windows explorer, nothing happens at all. I feel like I just have no idea how to use this correctly. Everything is up to date as well.
Dragndrop supported for ReaScript from 5.91. Make sure you have track selected (so RS5k manager know where to auto-put new RS5k instances when you drop sample onto pad).
Old 08-30-2018, 05:52 AM   #105
buttfreak

Quote:
Dragndrop supported for ReaScript from 5.91. Make sure you have track selected (so RS5k manager know where to auto-put new RS5k instances when you drop sample onto pad).
I have tried this as well. New project. New track, selected. Run MPL RS5k manager v1.76 Open media explorer, make sure track is still selected, drag my file to RS5k manager, and nothing happens. I am running reaper v5.941/x64 and ReaPack v1.2.1
buttfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #106
Ozman

Make sure that SWS is up-to-date as well.
Old 09-15-2018, 08:23 AM   #107
todd_r

Hi, I've got a bit of an issue. I dock the manager at the bottom of the screen, but every time I open it again it's docked to the right, any ideas?
Old 09-16-2018, 10:52 AM   #108
mccrabney

MPL! your actions to control specific parameters on all managed RS5K instances have saved me hours and hours of time in the last couple months. thank you!

i come back now to request the same action set again, but for FOCUSED RS5K instance.

this will mean ultimate control over RS5K by action, and therefor by midi controller.
Old 09-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #109
mpl

Quote:
Hi, I've got a bit of an issue. I dock the manager at the bottom of the screen, but every time I open it again it's docked to the right, any ideas?
Known issue, any clever head help would be much appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccrabney View Post
i come back now to request the same action set again, but for FOCUSED RS5K instance.
Why cant you just setup default mapping for RS5k with your controller and check 'enable when effect configuration is focused' on related controls in MIDI Learn window?
Old 09-16-2018, 06:59 PM   #110
cool

Great script, thank you! Works very well for me, but i have one little issue with "mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua": this script bypassing only first instance SampleOMatic in the FX list, ignoring subsequent.
It (bypass script) also does not seem to unite undo points. With a large number of plugins in the FX list, it writes a huge number of values to the undo list after each use of the bypass script.

I apologize, that everything is in this topic. The issues relate more to the bypass script "mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua".

Last edited by cool; 09-16-2018 at 07:29 PM.
cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #111
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool View Post
Great script, thank you! Works very well for me, but i have one little issue with "mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua": this script bypassing only first instance SampleOMatic in the FX list, ignoring subsequent.
It (bypass script) also does not seem to unite undo points. With a large number of plugins in the FX list, it writes a huge number of values to the undo list after each use of the bypass script.

I apologize, that everything is in this topic. The issues relate more to the bypass script "mpl_Bypass all FX except instruments on all tracks.lua".
It is offtopic. Post issues in related common thread (link in my signature). In case of mentioned script. Reaper API doesn't have function to test any FX in chain is it effect or instrument. Only function return first instrument id.
Old 09-17-2018, 06:22 AM   #112
mccrabney

Quote:
Why cant you just setup default mapping for RS5k with your controller and check 'enable when effect configuration is focused' on related controls in MIDI Learn window?
heh because midi CC control over ATTACK is useless! there is no fine control, like there is with "Script: mpl_Increment 1ms attack (RS5k manager).lua"

i propose this, MPL:

if you take [b]"Script: mpl_Increment 1ms attack (RS5k manager).lua" and clone it into "Script: mpl_Increment 1ms attack (RS5k manager).lua **focused RS5K instance only**", then i will do the rest and give them back to you.

i do not mind the repetitive work, and i would do it myself, but i need to see how the 2 scripts would be different first (all vs focused)
Old 09-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #113
InfiniteDimensionality

Could you add the ability to use items in the arrange view for samples rather than having to drag items?

rsom allows one to "import from arrange". I'd like to do the same.

In fact, I have about 1000 audio items in the arrange view that I'd simply like to assign to a midi note for each item(in some specific order) and play them. I don't think having 1000's rsom is a good idea nor necessary for just playback though(but this might be the only way to get the audio in to the render engine?).

Not sure if the "manager" script can automate the import from arrange though? If so, that is better than nothing.

Basically I am trying to avoid having to render down each auto item to it's own item. I've already split and resized all the items, so everything is fine and available in reaper and I just need to associate each item with a midi note.

Thanks...
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 10:21 AM   #114
mpl

"Export selected items to RS5K instances" scripts
Old 09-18-2018, 10:39 AM   #115
InfiniteDimensionality

Quote:
"Export selected items to RS5K instances" scripts

Ofcourse, thanks!

Is there any way to automate assignment?

Basically assign a matrix of items to notes in a specific order.

Essentially I have an nxm matrix of audio items that I'd like to assign to midi.

n <= 12 and m <= 10

basically I have them laid out like

a b c d e f

g h i j k l

m n o p q r

where the columns are suppose to be groups in the same midi octave(Doesn't matter which) and the rows are separate octaves.

e.g., the midi notes

1 12 24 36 ...
2 13 25 37 ...

I believe the scripts are written in lua and lua allows executing a string, so maybe one can enter in a mapping function(takes the ith item and returns a midi note value)?
InfiniteDimensionality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #116
suleiman

mate this lua takes the take !!! fukin awesomeness into 1000....

so cool, I bet Justin and co. must be like hmmm why didn't we do that ? they should just pay you and integrate it into Reaper official builds hereon.

couple of small questions :

1. Why is the > arrow menu in the walkthrough so different from the one that I have. ?

and yes packs synchronized, latest Reaper.

2. My menu has no option for "pad clicking to MIDI" like in the video, so when I click on the pads, no preview.

3. Even if I have the multi layer option on, dragging and dropping a bunch of samples on the same pad does not velocity layer them .

thanks again mate !

Salamat
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:28 PM   #117
mpl

Quote:
Originally Posted by suleiman View Post
1. Why is the > arrow menu in the walkthrough so different from the one that I have. ?
It was updated multiple times since video was released.

Quote:
2. My menu has no option for "pad clicking to MIDI" like in the video, so when I click on the pads, no preview.
I sorted most options, so what you need is
Code:
Menu/Key options/Send MIDI by clicking on keys
Also make sure you track is armed and monitored MIDI input (you can do it manually or also do/automate this from RS5k manager)

Quote:
3. Even if I have the multi layer option on, dragging and dropping a bunch of samples on the same pad does not velocity layer them .
You mean veloсity layers in RS5k itself? I`m afraid it is not designed for such type of workflow.

Last edited by mpl; 10-23-2018 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-24-2018, 08:18 AM   #118
Ozman

Hi, mpl...
Been putting this to some good use.
I really appreciate what you've done here with this script.

I have a question for you.
What would you say would be the best route(s) for layering samples in this workflow?

One, I know, would be glue or render some stacked samples in the arrangement then import that. Another would be to duplicate an RS5K instance (when routed to external track) and change the sample in it.

I'm just curious if you've worked in any factors of sample stacking (and swapping) with this script.

Much thanks.
Old 10-24-2018, 05:10 PM   #119
suleiman

Quote:
It was updated multiple times since video was released.

I sorted most options, so what you need is
Code:
Menu/Key options/Send MIDI by clicking on keys
Also make sure you track is armed and monitored MIDI input (you can do it manually or also do/automate this from RS5k manager)

You mean veloсity layers in RS5k itself? I`m afraid it is not designed for such type of workflow.
thank you thank you thank you

may you develop long and proud

btw, rs5k can handle upto 127 (!!) velocity layers in one instance.

proof's in the sm drums link in my signature.

i will donate on payday ...this is da bomb !

Salamat

Last edited by suleiman; 10-24-2018 at 05:18 PM.
suleiman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 08:11 AM   #120
J Reverb

When dragging files from media browser to the manager I am getting a double name entry in the pad/key gui.

kick(1)
kick

Am I doing something wrong?
I have checked and there only seems to be one instance but two names on the pads.

Thanks.
J Reverb is offline   Reply With Quote