Old 03-11-2013, 11:26 AM   #1
dr_thomas64
Human being with feelings

Default Can't start reaper on Mountain lion

I haven't been able to find anyone else having this problem so I guess I'm doing something really stupid - but I cannot get Reaper to even start under Mountain Lion. I've just moved over from a MacBook Pro with Lion - that ran Reaper 32 bit and 64 bit no problem. But running either on my new system just gives a 'Reaper quit unexpectedly' error as it scans the various VSTs. I've even tried an old version of Reaper (3.78) but get the same error. Can anybody give me a clue?

Later that day .... Problem solved - for both. Seemed to be just after I looked at the audio midi set config - but I only looked so it could have been a coincidence.

Last edited by dr_thomas64; 03-11-2013 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Can't work out how to delete it
dr_thomas64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 09:23 AM   #2
Pinknoise
Human being with feelings

I've had a similar problem with snow leopard.Reaper was crashing when scanning the plugins for the first time.I just kept trying opening Reaper and I noticed that it continues scanning at the plugin where it crashed.Eventually the list of plugins finished scanning and Reaper is good to go no more crash.
Pinknoise is online now   Reply With Quote