Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 06-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #1
Reflected
Human being with feelings

Default Need help to create the ultimate impulse sampling from plugins "1 click sample all".

First, here are the steps I use to do it manually:

1. Insert a "CLICK" sample
2. Add the plugin that you want to impulse to the item with the click.
3. Duplicate the item according to the number of the presets of the plugin.
4. Choose next preset of the plugin for the next item (preset#1 for item#1, preset number#2 for the next duplicated item, #3 for the next duplicated item...and so on)
5. Select all items in the selected track.
6. Render all selected items as takes
7. explode active takes to new track
8. Auto rename selected items according to the first plugin inside the item, something like this form (hopefully adjustable): ([Plugin name]%[preset number]%[-]%[preset name])

Actions needed to do it automatically (1 click to sample the whole plugin):

1. select the first plugin in the selected item.
2. choose next/previous preset for the selected plugin.
3. Auto rename items to the preset name of the first plugin inside the selected item,([Plugin name]%[preset number]%[-]%[preset name])
4. Auto rename form states (create form and save state like we can do for nudges)

Advantages of sampling plugins:

*Much less cpu... (iZotope mastering reverb eats 8% , ReaVerb only 0.2%)
*Much faster browsing between the presets.
*Less plugins = quicker choice. (this was the main reason I started to sample impulses)
*bugy plugins...etc
Old 06-17-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
Reflected

is it possible at all?
Old 07-02-2010, 09:47 AM   #3
bruce

I've done some similar things in the past, for Direct-X plug-ins. What I did took a lot of time, but here goes...

I wrote my own host that could do a wide variety of analysis task, including impulse response. With your own host, it is of course quite "easy" to do what you want... you just have to write a lot of code...

btw: you can usually get cleaner results if you don't use an impulse, because the crest factor is so high with an impulse. The best things to use is a swept sine wave.

Obviously if you use a non-impulse signal you have to convolve at the end against your stimulus signal to get the true impulse response back.
bruce is offline   Reply With Quote