Old 11-18-2018, 10:52 PM   #1
Tubeguy
Human being with feelings

Default wigware js multichannel vu meter?

How do I make all tracks to show up on this? I tried routing but without success and finding no info on it. This would be very handy to display track levels on separate monitor. I never even knew Reaper had this but it's no surprise, Reapers seems to do anything one can think of
Tubeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 04:08 AM   #2
SonicAxiom

load the wigware plugin into a track's input fx or track fx to either keep an eye on the incoming level (before the sound gets recorded) or to verify the track's levels after the recording and maybe behind certain track fx plugins. Depending on the channel count of the signal to be displayed you may need to set both the track and also the metering plugin to the correspondig channel count.

I'm using it especially for multichannel recordings (drums or acoustic guitars). I place one instance in the track's input fx section to meter the incoming signals and another one in the track's track fx chain. Exact location in the fx chain depends on where I wanna measure levels.

Old 11-20-2018, 10:43 PM   #3
Tubeguy

Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still can't get it to work, I must be missing something. I set the track channels (12 for example) and on the plugin but the plugin still only receives summed signal, not individual tracks.

Last edited by Tubeguy; 11-20-2018 at 11:28 PM.
Old 11-21-2018, 07:45 AM   #4
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeguy View Post
Thanks for the help. Unfortunately I still can't get it to work, I must be missing something. I set the track channels (12 for example) and on the plugin but the plugin still only receives summed signal, not individual tracks.
You have to raise the track's channel count to the desired amount in the track's routing window before trying to do the same with the slider in the plugin.

In case you put the metering plugin in the track's input fx section, you have to change the track's input range to "multichannel" (after having done the steps mentioned above) and then select the desired input channel range.

Old 11-21-2018, 10:05 PM   #5
ashcat_lt

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds to me like the OP is trying to route multiple Tracks to this thing, presumably on a Track of its own. (???)

In that case, you have to make sure that you set the sends from the individual Tracks to each go to a unique Channel on the receiving meter Track. The easiest way is probably to open the I/O panel on that receiving Track where you can see all the receives in one place and just go down the line.

PS - It is actually a pretty cool idea for a sort of "meter bridge". I don't need the meters that badly, though, and it's all right there in the mixer anyway.
ashcat_lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:30 PM   #6
Tubeguy

Yes that's what I'm trying to do. I thought having a VU meter for all channels on separate monitor might come handy. Thanks for the help.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:39 PM   #7
Philbo King

I think Ashcats idea will make the meter work, but the output of that track will be 12 (or however many) channels too. As long as you don't output anything from that track that's not a problem. (Disable the parent send of that track and you should be OK).

I use the Wigware meter in my Monitor FX to keep track of what's going on with outputs, along with an 8 in / 8 out stereo level control JS FX I hacked together that let's me independently control the levels of all the outputs, plus levels of the Metronome and Media Explorer sent to the Main or the Phones outputs.

1/2 - Main L/R
3/4 - PA L/R
7/8 - Phones L/R