Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 07-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #1
psingman
Human being with feelings

Default Copying a verse in midi then pasting using EZdrummer?

Hi, I tried to scan through the copying and pasting threads but couldn't find what I needed. Here is what I am trying to do. Using vsti, EZdrummer, I dropped in my intro from a fill then a verse fill and then parts of that same fill to get to the chorus fill then a second chorus fill.

Now, that is like 55 seconds. I want to copy that whole part and paste it in after the first so I don't have to copy and paste each individual part...which I had been doing, just so I wouldn't lose the flow of the song.

Can you assist me with a simple way to accomplish this...like right click and drag what I need or do I have to glue the part I want together then copy and paste. I have not tried any of this so please be gentle, heeh. I am sure there are a few others who would like to have this method clarified, as this would cut down on time consuming in putting together a basic drum track. Thanks for listening, psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 02:11 PM   #2
Diogenes

I use the "Right-click Drag" method myself although, from what I hear "Glue" should do the trick. I sometimes have to "Split" a MIDI part to get the hits exactly the way I want them, but the "Right-click Drag" method works for me.

D
Diogenes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 09:00 PM   #3
psingman

WEll, right click drag didn't work either. I had to copy and paste what I wanted. I just can't seem to get working in Reaper down. There are shortcuts that everyone is using that I can't get used to.

I would like to copy a verse, the drum part, that is, for now and add it later on...or a verse and a chorus. I am sure there is an easier method, with that blue area that lets you grab areas. Please assist with a tried and true method that I can implement and I will work on getting the wrinkles out, thanks, psingman
psingman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:24 PM   #4
Bevosss

Quote:
Originally Posted by psingman View Post
WEll, right click drag didn't work either. I had to copy and paste what I wanted. I just can't seem to get working in Reaper down. There are shortcuts that everyone is using that I can't get used to.

I would like to copy a verse, the drum part, that is, for now and add it later on...or a verse and a chorus. I am sure there is an easier method, with that blue area that lets you grab areas. Please assist with a tried and true method that I can implement and I will work on getting the wrinkles out, thanks, psingman
Right click drag = marquee selection in Reaper's midi editor. So just lassoo the whole section, then copy and paste where you want it. Sometimes I'll add a dummy note if it doesn't start at the start of a bar, and delete it after pasting.

You can also split (S) the item in the main window, and ctrl-drag that to copy it to it's new location. Then select the 2 items and glue them if you want a complete item (right click - glue selected items).
Bevosss is offline   Reply With Quote