Old 11-23-2021, 05:48 AM   #1
G Gomes
Human being with feelings

Default Newbie question

Hello,

I do coordination of wireless transmiters with a Shure ULXD system.
I use the network to comunicate with laptop and recievers. the recievers also use Dante on the same network port. Last week i bought a Dante virtual soundcard licence. I have a windows laptop running reaper and i get the signal from Dante into reaper.
It would be nice if i could use the headphone out of the laptop to listen to the audio
When i select the IO to Dante is there a possibility to monitor the channels on the headphone out? I cant figure it out.
Thanks in advance.
G Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 09:38 AM   #2
jnorman34

Look at ASIO config settings, which should allow you to access routing options for the Dante card.
jnorman34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 11:58 AM   #3
SonicAxiom

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Gomes View Post
Hello,

I do coordination of wireless transmiters with a Shure ULXD system.
I use the network to comunicate with laptop and recievers. the recievers also use Dante on the same network port. Last week i bought a Dante virtual soundcard licence. I have a windows laptop running reaper and i get the signal from Dante into reaper.
It would be nice if i could use the headphone out of the laptop to listen to the audio
When i select the IO to Dante is there a possibility to monitor the channels on the headphone out? I cant figure it out.
Thanks in advance.
Welcome to the forum, G Gomes.

I'm assuming that you are using a Windows laptop. The problem is that you have to select DVS as the audio device for input and output in Reaper. Unless you have another Dante-enabled device with headphone outputs, you are stuck and can't monitor the signal. You either have to connect something like the Dante AVIO analog 0x2 adapter and connect that to a headphone amp or you'd need to use the Voxengo Recorder plugin and insert it as the last plugin into the Reaper master track. This plugin allows you to use a different audio device as an additional Reaper output! Set the plugin to MME mode and choose the laptop's headphone output. The signal will be somewhat delayed as the plugin introduces additional latency but it may be just fine. You may also be able to lower the plugin's latency value without getting glitches.

Another option might be using the new NDI Tools which come with a VST plugin that allows you to pick up audio in the master track and send it to another NDI-compatible app like OBS. In OBS, you can route the signal to your laptop's phones out.

Furthermore, you could use Dante Via as the main audio device in Reaper instead of DVS. With Dante Via, you can directly route the Reaper master signal to the laptop's phones output.

Old 11-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #4
G Gomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicAxiom View Post
Welcome to the forum, G Gomes.

Furthermore, you could use Dante Via as the main audio device in Reaper instead of DVS. With Dante Via, you can directly route the Reaper master signal to the laptop's phones output.

Thanks i'm now using Dante VIA. This is working for me!!
G Gomes is offline   Reply With Quote