Old 06-26-2021, 11:55 AM   #1
acerimmer
Human being with feelings

Default Nuances Controller

I have just started to do orchestrations and purchased this Nuances controller for my Spitfire Audio Albion One sample library.
I am unable to get it to work within Reaper even though I can use it in other DAWs.
The controller is setup and working in Windows 10. I also checked the midi information being sent through Midiox.
In Reaper, under midi devices, the Nuance controller shows up under the input menu and output menu. The output is disabled for this controller.
I have set the controller to control only under inputs (although I have tried other settings, all with no success).
I'm sure I'm missing something simple but cannot figure it out. I have read through the Reaper manual about how to setup a controller but have made no headway.
Your help would be appreciated.
Thank you!
acerimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 01:16 PM   #2
marlow77

On the midi devices, you can enable input and controller data, and you may need both. Or you can go to the MAC controller section under controllers I think, and add it as a main controller for the standard play, stop, etc. settings.
marlow77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2021, 02:56 PM   #3
domzy

just to clarify (hopefully i won't muddy the waters with this), Reaper has two MIDI input paths - the standard MIDI path, for which you need to "enable input" - and the control path, for which you need to "enable for control messages".
It's a slightly confusing name, because his second one is NOT exclusively for CCs, as we know them, but for controlling Reaper functions outside of the standard MIDI items. So for things like play, record, mixer fader levels etc., (but also for parameter modulation / MIDI learn)
If you want to use CCs to manipulate parameters of a MIDI instrument on a MIDI track or item you just need to "enable input" and make sure your instrument's parameters are assigned to the relevant CC.
domzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #4
acerimmer

Default Controller

Thanks for the info. I'll work on it and see if I can figure it out.
acerimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2021, 03:19 PM   #5
dijon

If anyone's going through this, as I just was - remember, in Reaper, you've got to also assign the midi input on the track itself. For most of us, it's probably set to whatever your midi-controller keyboard is. To get it to work with your keyboard, as well as the Nuances (or any additional controllers) set it to Midi:All.

Last edited by dijon; 11-19-2021 at 03:30 PM.
dijon is offline   Reply With Quote