Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Bug Reports

Old 07-25-2018, 04:48 PM   #1
vectorwarrior
Human being with feelings

Default Different behavior of playhead moving when playing back

Okay, perhaps this is a feature request, but it's been driving me nuts for ages.

-Press play
-While playing make a time selection
-Playhead moves on click DOWN rather than click UP
-Also while making time selection, playhead is constantly reset to the beginning of the time selection as the time selection is updated (i.e. as you expand the time selection from the new start point)

This means playback is constantly interrupted and restarted when trying to make time selections during playback.

This issue is compounded when running very heavy processing at high CPU cost as the machine is briefly locked up when the playhead resets as you are adjusting the time selection.

My preference would be that during playback, the playhead is not moved until a time selection has finished being selected (on release of the mouse button).

If there is a way to get this behavior then I'm all ears, but I haven't found any preference so far.

Thanks!
vectorwarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:47 PM   #2
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

You can't change whether an action starts on mouse down or up (well, many things are possible with script, so maybe), but you can change what happens when you click the ruler. It's all in preferences > mouse modifiers.

For the other issue check preferences > editing behavior > move edit cursor on time sel change.