Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > newbieland

Old 01-20-2018, 04:10 AM   #1
h-adron
Human being with feelings

Default Midi record issue,no sound when trying to record over already existing midi items

Hello to everyone.
The issue is pretty basic but, i 'm new to Reaper and couldn't find anything correlated on various forums.So,when i press play tracks with vst instruments(kontakt ,hive..etc.) on them receives midi and then play normally ,outputting the audio signal ... but,for example,on empty parts in arrangement (parts with no items ),i can here the instrument...otherwise, in parts where i have already something recorded,or maybe just a simple clip (with no midi events on it) there's no sound.I tried to switch between different monitoring modes too.First i thought it was some kind of "channel issue" cos i was using kontakt but the thing repeated with other vst's.One thing to say is that i messed a bit with the "take system" (disabling some functions in options)...I'm sure there is a quick solution,but in this moment,unfortunately, i don't know what to go to look for. P.S.scarlett focusrite 2i4o,axiom 25,Win 10

Thanks to everyone in advance
h-adron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:24 AM   #2
solger

Try this: Right-click on the Track Record Arm Button and also enable the option Monitor track media when recording.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 09:54 AM   #3
h-adron

Thanks for your answer.
The strange "bug" has disappeared as soon as i changed "item mix behavior" to the first option available:"always mix items",in project settings.
Old 01-20-2018, 11:09 AM   #4
solger

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-adron View Post
The strange "bug" has disappeared as soon as i changed "item mix behavior" to the first option available:"always mix items",in project settings.
OK, great to hear that it's working now.

And welcome to the Reaper Forums!

In case you haven't already found them, make sure to check out the User Guide (https://www.reaper.fm/userguide.php) and Videos section (https://www.reaper.fm/videos.php) in general.
solger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 12:13 PM   #5
h-adron

Oh thanks for providing me the links,i will check them for sure