Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 08-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #41
SmajjL
Human being with feelings

Does Everyone here have to spell better then me?!..
Thank you Karbo, nice to read your take on this the Karbo way.
The only thing left I am thinking about then is the new model Windows are going for and we never had this before.
So Windows will not break drivers anymore with this model, is an correct or even close fact or is it bs?

So I just tested the drivers on 10 and it will install and all looks normal and you see the progress 100% etc, but it just gets stuck at the very last of 'something' and end upp not beeing installed although it is installed, can even uninstall it.. lol
Even in failsafe mode, skip driver signing etc.
So there we go, and I can now sleep knowing this atleast.

SmajjL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 12:35 PM   #42
kenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
Task manager does not show the details between commit charge, working set, free. cached, modified, standby etc... (though I admit it is better than it used to be). ProcExp on top, TM on bottom...
IIRC Commit Charge means the committed memory (pages), backed on pagefile (if you have it enabled). Caching obviously never gets written to pagefile (this is a good thing!), so it is not committed, therefore the 2GB it uses is most likely *not* free memory.

Cache, by definition, is free memory as far as applications are concerned. Note that "free" does not mean "unused". I mean the entire RAM sticks are used all the time (voltages), when an OS caches disk activity (or other things backed in RAM), it uses the free RAM available but does not mark it as used.

So the RAM is still "free" from the point of view of applications, because if you have cached *all* your remaining RAM (very common if you do a lot of disk operations), there's no performance loss at all when an app requests more RAM. It simply discards the least frequently used (or some other algorithm) cached pages and grants them to the application.

In effect, the memory is free from the point of view of the app, even if it's being used by the OS prior to it. If the OS has allocated memory that will either get paged out, or you get out of memory error when an app requests it and your memory is full (if you have paging disabled), then the memory is not free or "cached", but actively being used.

By the way, this also implies a performance loss if you use a lot of disk operations. The 2GB that Windows marks as "used" cannot be used for caching. Which makes performance worse, not better. I don't understand why people never care about their RAM but they care about performance in general, failing to see the connection.

Likewise, if you use a heavy-duty application that needs a lot of RAM, say, 4GB out of your 8GB, with 2GB for the OS, that means that your cached data can only be 2GB (what's left). Which, once again, makes performance worse. Wouldn't it be nice to have 1.5GB more headroom for caching if the OS only used 500MB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie43 View Post
This thread has turned into an "lol" thread.....

Older OS's were 'sleek" because they didn't know how to have them do more AND they had to run on what is not "weak" hardware. Do you think it is a coincidence or an accident that, for instance, Intel has developed the i7 monsters and can have enormous amounts of RAM available? What was once considered "bloat" or "unnecessary" resource usage IS the new efficient and sleek!! Let this technology work for you instead of fighting it and holding it accountable for what is not outdated and almost worthless tech.
No it's not. From the point of view of technology, new hardware is developed to do more, not do the same because the new OS takes up twice as much (hypothetically speaking).

Obviously, Intel's primary goal is to sell its hardware. Ever wondered why PC sales go down? It's not because of mobile actually, because mostly everyone has at least one PC anyway, that's a minor factor. The primary reason is because most of the now "older" PCs do just fine. Why would people upgrade when their former PC is "good enough" for the majority? This equals less hardware sales, obviously.

Bloat is never "sleek" or efficient, it's just people being fished from marketing. The day a word processor takes up 8 GB of RAM is a sad day for technology (a win for marketing departments I guess). Don't get me wrong, the tech is great, it's the underlying bloat that makes it "suck" on purpose which is the antithesis of progress.

For the people who truly care about performance: they upgrade hardware, and usually mainstream bloated software as little as possible. Why would you upgrade software that runs slower when you want performance? In worst case, you'd end up with same performance as on old PC, even though you have new hardware, because of bloat, how frustrating can that be?

Granted, it's nowhere near that bad, since software bloat can't keep up anymore with Moore's Law because people started to be aware of how they're being used and stopped tolerating bloat as much as in the past (i.e look at Vista era).
kenz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:00 PM   #43
Softsynth

Quote:
Help me out... Did you upgrade and the existing driver stopped working post upgrade and you are reinstalling or did you do a clean install and attempting to install the driver?

Lastly, I assume you went through that convoluted procedure Roland posted? There may be some hope because the MS link may be somewhat accurate, meaning it "may" work fine if it would actually install. Btw, which download/file is the actually frigging driver?
I uninstalled the existing driver.
First I tried Microsoft's driver search> no compatible driver.
Tried installing every version of the drivers, tried all the drivers available, all the compatibility modes available. Tried to install them as admin.
Every time they would hang in the same place. Other people have described the same experience (with photo's of the same Roland install screen).

I tried every single possible compatible option from this page:
http://roland.com/support/article/?q...ads&p=A-800PRO
Softsynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 01:39 PM   #44
karbomusic

Quote:
I don't understand why people never care about their RAM but they care about performance in general, failing to see the connection
Because there is no connection until they hit the ceiling and need to page. Users very well cared about their RAM when it was the main bottleneck. I suppose I can't really argue "how much is too much", each as their perspective on that. I can only say that the only place I've seen occur it is on my old ass laptop with only 2GB installed but that is Windows 7 and irrelevant to Windows 10.

Last edited by karbomusic; 08-02-2015 at 01:53 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2015, 02:07 PM   #45
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Softsynth View Post
I uninstalled the existing driver.
First I tried Microsoft's driver search> no compatible driver.
Tried installing every version of the drivers, tried all the drivers available, all the compatibility modes available. Tried to install them as admin.
Every time they would hang in the same place. Other people have described the same experience (with photo's of the same Roland install screen).

I tried every single possible compatible option from this page:
http://roland.com/support/article/?q...ads&p=A-800PRO
Well, you could run ProcMon.exe before starting the install then wait 30 seconds after it hangs, then find a way to zip send me the resulting file (it will be big) and I'd probably be able to take a look for clues. If it worked in an earlier build, hopefully they didn't introduce a bug. However, if it hangs during the install that gives me at least some hope.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:14 PM   #46
Softsynth

Thanks but I'm not running Win 10 now. I've gone back to Win7 until this is solved.
Old 08-02-2015, 02:36 PM   #47
SmajjL

That would be a story to tell, Karbo fixed Rolands driver and not Roland.
Yes yes yes, I remember what you said.. I'll try harder, thanks.
Softie, I tryed to be clever and use the USB as power and use the Midisport Uno cables but noooo, can't do that either.
Atleast the Midisport 8 drivers worked and if I find an adapter, I could try it again and let you know if you are interested.
All I got, sorry.

Old 08-02-2015, 02:50 PM   #48
karbomusic

Quote:
Thanks but I'm not running Win 10 now. I've gone back to Win7 until this is solved.
No worries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmajjL View Post
Never hurts to look to see if there is something we can massage to make it work. No guarantees but had Softsynth still been on Windows 10 I would have been happy to take a look and try to help.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:01 PM   #49
SmajjL

Yeah well I don't blame softie for evacuating but tell you what, SmajjL is actually thinking about it.
Is the steps required by me easy, I will only be a programmer next life ive decided since I obviously suck in this one.
What do you need?

Old 08-02-2015, 03:04 PM   #50
Softsynth

Quote:
Yes yes yes, I remember what you said.. I'll try harder, thanks.
Softie, I tryed to be clever and use the USB as power and use the Midisport Uno cables but noooo, can't do that either.
Atleast the Midisport 8 drivers worked and if I find an adapter, I could try it again and let you know if you are interested.
All I got, sorry.
Interesting.
I have never had an occasion to use MIDI cables yet, actually I have no MIDI inputs. Keep us in the loop on that one though
Old 08-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #51
karbomusic

Quote:
Yeah well I don't blame softie for evacuating but tell you what, SmajjL is actually thinking about it.
Is the steps required by me easy, I will only be a programmer next life ive decided since I obviously suck in this one.
What do you need?
Oh, you have the same problem? You'd need to download procmon.exe from the link I posted above and unzip it.

Have the driver install ready to go, start procmon, then start the installer as soon as possible and attempt to install the driver. Once it hangs, let it sit there for maybe 15 seconds, then stop procmon by clicking little magnifying glass:

Give it time to formally finish the logging. It logs so much data it may appear to hang as it unhooks from the system. Then... File > Save and browse to save it to some location you can get to. Then right-click the file you saved (logfile.pml) > send to > compressed (zipped) folder.

Then you'd need to place the resulting zip file somewhere I can retrieve it. For example if you had a drop box, copy.com or skydrive account that allows you to share the file. You can upload it there and PM me the link.

Let me know if you have any questions and feel free to PM me to keep the thread noise down if needed. Then I'll report back to the thread and PM with any relevant findings, assuming they are there.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:19 PM   #52
Softsynth

You might want to try something similar for the Roland A800 drivers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...9fd7384?page=3

I will see what official solution Roland have to offer.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:23 PM   #53
SmajjL

I will sleep on this one and this will continue as PM for sure.
Thanks alot Karb! for the offer to help.

Old 08-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #54
karbomusic

Quote:
You might want to try something similar for the Roland A800 drivers:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/i...9fd7384?page=3

I will see what official solution Roland have to offer.
It's important to know what I'm helping with. Is SmajjL having the same hang you are?
Old 08-02-2015, 03:30 PM   #55
SmajjL

My post #41 is about the Roland A-800Pro and that is the best way I could describe the problem.
I am on Windows7 now and it is night in Sweden so, to be continued.

Last edited by SmajjL; 08-02-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:34 PM   #56
Softsynth

Quote:
My post #41 is about the Roland A-800Pro and that is the best way I could describe the problem.
Same here, as described previously.
Similarly also as described by others, in my last link (post 52) for another Roland device. That link has a conversation about a way to force a Roland driver to install. Whether it then works properly is another matter.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #57
karbomusic

Quote:
Thanks, that looks enough like the same symptom to try the process I listed above.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:20 AM   #58
Softsynth

Alternative Windows driver for A Pro keyboards. Might work in 10 if someone can test it in 10.

A800 Pro
It seems like this should get functionality back albeit limited as an interim measure:

Page 65 of the manual "advanced driver mode"
Follow instructions to disable advanced mode. Switch keyboard off and on again, a standard Windows driver is then installed (not replacing the Roland "advanced" one).
Go into setting of standalone programs and Reaper and enable the new MIDI devices.

I tested this driver in Windows 7 and it worked. However CC mapping didn't work in Reaper (unless I have to enable something I missed - very possible it was a quick test).
CC mapping did however work in standalone Kontakt5 So it's probably something that can be worked on.

Roland are still showing "under testing" for the proper driver. At least this crippled "standard mode" (which isn't standard, it has to be enabled!) gets back basic functionality. At least it works in 7. I guess this is it's generic MIDI Mode, hopefully something that should work in Windows for the useable life of the device.

Please someone test this in 10.
Old 08-03-2015, 09:49 AM   #59
SmajjL

Softie, I only do a quick fresh install of the RTM without owning a key, so this means I won't stay for long and have to go back to Windows 7 if I want to use my computer, I do and I am, now.
I will wait until Karbo have done his thing before I go back because it's not That! funny to re-install.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:07 AM   #60
msore

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenz View Post

Obviously, Intel's primary goal is to sell its hardware. Ever wondered why PC sales go down? It's not because of mobile actually, because mostly everyone has at least one PC anyway, that's a minor factor. The primary reason is because most of the now "older" PCs do just fine. Why would people upgrade when their former PC is "good enough" for the majority? This equals less hardware sales, obviously.

Bloat is never "sleek" or efficient, it's just people being fished from marketing. The day a word processor takes up 8 GB of RAM is a sad day for technology (a win for marketing departments I guess). Don't get me wrong, the tech is great, it's the underlying bloat that makes it "suck" on purpose which is the antithesis of progress.

For the people who truly care about performance: they upgrade hardware, and usually mainstream bloated software as little as possible. Why would you upgrade software that runs slower when you want performance? In worst case, you'd end up with same performance as on old PC, even though you have new hardware, because of bloat, how frustrating can that be?

Granted, it's nowhere near that bad, since software bloat can't keep up anymore with Moore's Law because people started to be aware of how they're being used and stopped tolerating bloat as much as in the past (i.e look at Vista era).
Thank you
Old 08-03-2015, 12:03 PM   #61
karbomusic

Quote:
Softie, I only do a quick fresh install of the RTM without owning a key, so this means I won't stay for long and have to go back to Windows 7 if I want to use my computer, I do and I am, now.
I will wait until Karbo have done his thing before I go back because it's not That! funny to re-install.
I haven't looked yet but can you do me a favor?

- Unplug the Roland device from USB
- Right-click the start button
- Click Device Manager

First look under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" ...

See if you see any references to your hardware you are trying to install the driver for.

Then look under "Sound, video and game controllers" to see if there...

Then look around in general to see if you can find any references to the A800 or whatever it is. Any you find, right-click and uninstall.

If you do find them and uninstall them, rerun the install but do not plug the device in until it asks and only uninstall references to the hardware in question, nothing else.

I don't suspect this will work but I think it is hanging because it is waiting for the device come online (and it isn't) I'd like to at least know if previous references are causing the discovery to not occur properly. Again, not expecting this to work but if you haven't done so already, try it for me and I'll still update once I review the procmon trace.

Last edited by karbomusic; 08-03-2015 at 12:10 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:31 PM   #62
Softsynth

Quote:
I got the impression you were still struggling with Win10.
Ignore that request.

Karbo can do his thing but it would be much more comforting if Roland do their duty for a current retail product.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:32 PM   #63
Softsynth

Quote:
I haven't looked yet but can you do me a favor?

- Unplug the Roland device from USB
- Right-click the start button
- Click Device Manager

First look under "Universal Serial Bus controllers" ...

See if you see any references to your hardware you are trying to install the driver for.

Then look under "Sound, video and game controllers" to see if there...

Then look around in general to see if you can find any references to the A800 or whatever it is. Any you find, right-click and uninstall.

If you do find them and uninstall them, rerun the install but do not plug the device in until it asks and only uninstall references to the hardware in question, nothing else.

I don't suspect this will work but I think it is hanging because it is waiting for the device come online (and it isn't) I'd like to at least know if previous references are causing the discovery to not occur properly. Again, not expecting this to work but if you haven't done so already, try it for me and I'll still update once I review the procmon trace.
I uninstalled all available drivers. I'm pretty sure it's not that.
Old 08-03-2015, 12:53 PM   #64
SmajjL

Softie: Why should I struggle? struggle'ing sucks and no point in that when I know what works and what doesn't already, In my case only one thing, the A-800Pro and I will go Windows10 if Roland think so or not!!
I am only waiting for the boxed version to hit the stores and i'm in on the same day.
Until then, I am a Windows trial leecher and that sucks.
So I am OS homeless? eh never mind.
We are already trying and Karbo is most helpful and if we get lucky, he will let you know right here, little optimism please and do not! underestimate Karbo.

Karbo: Yes - I - can
If your thought is about: Windows 10 the all mighty (I shall install Everything against your will! even if the driver suck.. mu'ehehe!) then yes, plausible.
I will have a look tomorrow, unless you Stop me before then.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:36 PM   #65
Softsynth

Smajjl,
I'm not ungrateful for Karbo's efforts.
Struggling does indeed suck, hence rolling back to 7.

Interesting theory of yours: Box version = decent stability. My favourite theory along similar lines is the old hackneyed "wait for the first service pack"
Old 08-03-2015, 02:26 PM   #66
SmajjL

Good, and I will use the Karbo mod driver if it was born also.
How many gawd damn devices are you having problems with btw?
Well it's not a theory that software goes from baby to mature, faster rate than humans though thank gawd.

Would be wierd for me to buy Windows 7 today and I don't wanna upgrade, box, please straight to 10, and if it was out today, I would get it today so, not a theory of stability as I know it works fine at my place even today.
Can't blame MS for my driver luck as the OS itself is great, that's all.
I would be happyer if you also was happy for what it's worth without multiple issues and I think, all driver related?

Ps, Also, if MS was to blame, if believe they would fix it.

Last edited by SmajjL; 08-03-2015 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 03:02 PM   #67
karbomusic

Quote:
I uninstalled all available drivers. I'm pretty sure it's not that.
Did you do the exact steps I mentioned? Just clicking uninstall won't do it. No biggie but I just had this problem with a different device (not audio related and not windows 10) and I had to track down and dig out some very specific references in Device Manager to get it to actually discover the device again. Again, I have little hope that fixes it but I'm pretty anal about making 100% sure about stuff when troubleshooting.

That being said, I also had this issue with a printer (Win8) and it had the exact same issue where the device was never actually being recognized for the install to complete the driver install. That one, I just used Win7 for because that was faster and I didn't need Win8 to do what I needed to do. So that's two occurrences, one that worked one that didn't. Gotta do all the stuff that doesn't work to find what does sometimes.

This also could very well be an OS issue now that we have dug down to more specifics. Could be either but who isn't my concern right now, confirming *if* we can workaround it is. I worry a little we can't and have a little hope we can and worth trying.

Lastly, I will check to see if I can find a way to extract the drivers out of the installer. If I can AND we can get the device recognized as unknown we could manually install them but if it truly isn't recognizing the device even as unknown, that's the roadblock.

Last edited by karbomusic; 08-03-2015 at 03:08 PM.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #68
Softsynth

Quote:
Did you do the exact steps I mentioned? Just clicking uninstall won't do it. No biggie but I just had this problem with a different device (not audio related and not windows 10) and I had to track down and dig out some very specific references in Device Manager to get it to actually discover the device again. Again, I have little hope that fixes it but I'm pretty anal about making 100% sure about stuff when troubleshooting.

That being said, I also had this issue with a printer (Win8) and it had the exact same issue where the device was never actually being recognized for the install to complete the driver install. That one, I just used Win7 for because that was faster and I didn't need Win8 to do what I needed to do. So that's two occurrences, one that worked one that didn't. Gotta do all the stuff that doesn't work to find what does sometimes.

This also could very well be an OS issue now that we have dug down to more specifics. Could be either but who isn't my concern right now, confirming *if* we can workaround it is. I worry a little we can't and have a little hope we can and worth trying.

Lastly, I will check to see if I can find a way to extract the drivers out of the installer. If I can AND we can get the device recognized as unknown we could manually install them but if it truly isn't recognizing the device even as unknown, that's the roadblock.
Yes, I went through device manager.
You're almost making me feel guilty for not putting Win10 back on and trying it. All this effort could be for nought if Roland come through with a driver.

I will plug it into the other (non music) Windows 10 PC and see what happens with the driver.
I won't be putting any DAW stuff on it though so I cannot test that special "normal mode".
I will be able to see if it hangs on install as a troubleshooting exercise.
Old 08-03-2015, 04:59 PM   #69
Softsynth

I tested it in virgin territory; the other PC in the house with Win 10. Same result on the other computer too.
7 and 8/8.1 Roland drivers Stalling on install when no device had been previously installed.

However I can confirm that the generic Windows driver for A Pro did install in Windows 10 (I did this afterwards). I couldn't test it for the reason mentioned in my last post.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:08 PM   #70
karbomusic

Quote:
You're almost making me feel guilty
Oh don't worry about that. I'm still not sure it will work. My brain just does that when trying to find the problem, that's all.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:16 PM   #71
karbomusic

If it shows up at all in device manager did you try choosing update driver > search myself then point it to:

apro_w81d_v102\apro_w81d_v102\Files\64bit\Files

I'd be doing this for you if I had the device.

Never mind. Looks like based on one of the posts above you did. Looking at that INF file, it appears it clearly probably wont install because it is specifically looking for Win8. I'm assuming the substituted file is simply a modification to tell it not to think Windows 10 is unsupported.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #72
Softsynth

Roland were fairly quick (after the launch) to change status on that driver page and announce that the extra software will not ever be made compatible.

Perhaps they will be reasonably quick making a compatible Win 10 driver?
That said they've had months to do that. Then again maybe these companies don't like to be dicked around with changes to Win-10 code before the launch date?
Maybe should start odds on whether they will produce a new driver or plumb for the lazy route and suggest that Win 10 users use the special "standard mode"?
Old 08-03-2015, 05:25 PM   #73
karbomusic

Also the modified INF in that answer.ms thread won't work for the A800. I can modify it accordingly if anyone wants to try it.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:28 PM   #74
Softsynth

Quote:
If it shows up at all in device manager did you try choosing update driver > search myself then point it to:

apro_w81d_v102\apro_w81d_v102\Files\64bit\Files

I'd be doing this for you if I had the device.

Never mind. Looks like based on one of the posts above you did. Looking at that INF file, it appears it clearly probably wont install because it is specifically looking for Win8. I'm assuming the substituted file is simply a modification to tell it not to think Windows 10 is unsupported.
Yes, I tried every trick there is short of modifying the driver installation package, which some people have done for other Roland devices. But then those didn't work properly afterwards. So Win 10 it's either the normal mode (generic windows driver mode) or wait for Roland to fettle the drivers.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:31 PM   #75
Softsynth

Quote:
Also the modified INF in that answer.ms thread won't work for the A800. I can modify it accordingly if anyone wants to try it.
Yes it wasn't for the A800, I thought I made it clear that it was simply another Roland device with the same install issue. Same screen, same issue.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #76
karbomusic

Quote:
Yes it wasn't for the A800, I thought I made it clear that it was simply another Roland device with the same install issue. Same screen, same issue.
I'm sure you did, just difficult scrolling back and forth putting the pieces together.
Old 08-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #77
Softsynth

Quote:
Good, and I will use the Karbo mod driver if it was born also.
How many gawd damn devices are you having problems with btw?
Well it's not a theory that software goes from baby to mature, faster rate than humans though thank gawd.

Would be wierd for me to buy Windows 7 today and I don't wanna upgrade, box, please straight to 10, and if it was out today, I would get it today so, not a theory of stability as I know it works fine at my place even today.
Can't blame MS for my driver luck as the OS itself is great, that's all.
I would be happyer if you also was happy for what it's worth without multiple issues and I think, all driver related?

Ps, Also, if MS was to blame, if believe they would fix it.
At least two. Maybe more?
keyboard and my Samsung Printer.

Let's see what happens
Old 08-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #78
karbomusic

OK, procmon just stops reading a registry entry which succeeds so that makes me still think we are failing during spin up of the device when plugging it in.

I then tried modifying a copy of the INF file to allow Windows 10 And sent that to the OP. - Looking at the INF it specifically targets Windows 8 so I would expect it to fail as-is. I tried testing my modifications to the INF testing on my Win8 machine but it failed as soon as I made any changes to the file. I first thought it was an encoding issue with the INF file but it wasn't... After about an hour of troubleshooting I found out why:

Code:
     sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE} 22:08:11.880
!!!  sig:                Driver package INF file hash is not present in catalog file. Filename = RDIF1102.inf, Error = 0xE000024B
!!!  sig:                Driver package appears to be tampered, and Code Integrity is enforced.
!!!  sig:                Driver package failed signature validation. Error = 0xE000024B
     sto:           {DRIVERSTORE IMPORT VALIDATE: exit(0xe000024b)} 22:08:11.911
!!!  sig:           Driver package failed signature verification. Error = 0xE000024B
!!!  sto:           Failed to import driver package into Driver Store. Error = 0xE000024B
     sto:      {Stage Driver Package: exit(0xe000024b)} 22:08:11.911
     sto: {Setup Import Driver Package - exit (0xe000024b)} 22:08:11.911
!!!  inf: Failed to import driver package into driver store
!!!  inf: Error 0xe000024b: The hash for the file is not present in the specified catalog file. The file is likely corrupt or the victim of tampering.
<<<  Section end 2015/08/03 22:08:12.036
<<<  [Exit status: FAILURE(0xe000024b)]
^Translation, I can't test it at all without disabling driver signing and attempting again. This test was just to make sure the installer would run with the new INI entries.

So, I need to upgrade the machine I'm on to Windows 10 anyway and will just do that before continuing but I'm out of troubleshooting time for the evening. In the mean time the OP can use the package I sent him but I'm sure he may need to disable driver signing as well to get the installer to run.
Old 08-03-2015, 07:18 PM   #79
karbomusic

Quote:
At least two. Maybe more?
keyboard and my Samsung Printer.
Can I assume these are USB devices?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:14 AM   #80
SmajjL

Victory!! You did it! Thank you Karb!

Last edited by SmajjL; 08-04-2015 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Sorry if, the picture is big, just had to say this before going back to 7 ASAP! :)