Old 04-24-2012, 01:04 PM   #1
acs
Human being with feelings

Default Capture mouse clicks

Hi

I hope I can explain this well enough. Is there a way through JS or any other way in Reaper that would allow me to take one of the mouse buttons and use it to trigger a short sample, regardless of where the mouse is?

For example; every time the right-mouse button is clicked it triggers a certain midi note that plays a sample. Does this make any sense?

Thanks!
acs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:45 PM   #2
argee

I can't think of a way you could click ANYWHERE and trigger a sample as I don't think there's an action like that.

I know you can click on the little black square in ReaSamplOmatic to trigger the sample. I imagine most other Sampler VST's have a similar preview feature.

If you wanted to record what you're clicking you could set up the Virtual MIDI keyboard as your MIDI input for a track with ReaSamplOmatic on it, arm the track, press Record and click the keyboard to both trigger the sample and record the MIDI note.

Hope that helps some.

cheers,

argee
argee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:01 PM   #3
acs

Hi argee.

Thanks for the info! Yeah I figured it wouldn't be possible, at least not in the way I want it to work. I need to give this a bit more thought and see if I can make the sample preview clicking or other input method work.

Thanks!
acs is offline   Reply With Quote