Old 03-09-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
FixMy106
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Default Monitor FX toggle view

After recently discovering how incredibly useful the Monitor FX feature is for stuff like waveform and frequency visualizers (instead of putting those on the master track), I'm trying to set up a keyboard shortcut which toggles the Monitor FX view on and off in a docker.

For some reason, in the actions list, it's not available as a toggle, so I can only make a shortcut to open it, but have to close it manually with the mouse in the docker.

Am I missing something very obvious here?

Cheers!
FixMy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 02:26 PM   #2
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings
 
Edgemeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: ASU`ogacihC
Posts: 1,110
Default

Welcome to the forum!

I don't see any action to do that so created a script and uploaded it to ReaPack, named 'Toggle show monitoring FX chain'. Note the script also requires the js_ReaScriptAPI extension which you can also get via ReaPack.

https://reapack.com/

Last edited by Edgemeal; 03-14-2019 at 09:31 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 09:30 PM   #3
FixMy106
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Thanks! I suspected someone more clever than me could just make a script for it.

I've downloaded it, turns out I need the newest version of Reaper for the ReaScriptAPI to work, so I'm updating everything now. I'll let you know how it works!
FixMy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 08:35 AM   #4
FixMy106
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 4
Default

Works like a charm! Thanks again!
FixMy106 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 05:27 PM   #5
turanga
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Hi,

if the Fx monitoring window is in docker, this script does not work.
if the Fx mw is undocked, this script open the window, but does not close it. just change the view between different fx that are in the monitoring chain.

Reaper 5.973
OSX 10.12.6
ReaPack at date.
turanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
poetnprophet
Human being with feelings
 
poetnprophet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 565
Default

I truly love this forum! Even if I don't think of it, someone else things of useful stuff I can use.

thanks!
__________________
https://www.kdubbproductions.com/
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpC...2dGA3qUWBKrXQQ
i7 8700k,4.9Ghz,Win10,Reaper 5,Motu 828es,MJE Hulk 990,GAP Pre73/EQ81
poetnprophet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings
 
Edgemeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: ASU`ogacihC
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turanga View Post
Hi,

if the Fx monitoring window is in docker, this script does not work.
if the Fx mw is undocked, this script open the window, but does not close it. just change the view between different fx that are in the monitoring chain.

Reaper 5.973
OSX 10.12.6
ReaPack at date.
Be sure to have latest version of js_ReaScriptAPI extension installed since earlier versions had an issue with the Window_Find() function on MAC OS.

EDIT The script was also updated (v1.01) so if fx monitor is docked but not the selected tab it should now switch tabs so it is in view.

Last edited by Edgemeal; 03-14-2019 at 09:34 AM.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
turanga
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
Be sure to have latest version of js_ReaScriptAPI extension installed since earlier versions had an issue with the Window_Find() function on MAC OS.

EDIT The script was also updated (v1.01) so if fx monitor is docked but not the selected tab it should now switch tabs so it is in view.
Now it opens the docker when fx monitor is docked. When fxm is undocked, it opens the window but does not close in a next script run
turanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 12:53 AM   #9
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings
 
Edgemeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: ASU`ogacihC
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turanga View Post
Now it opens the docker when fx monitor is docked. When fxm is undocked, it opens the window but does not close in a next script run
EDIT: Uploaded v1.02 to ReaPack, should now work (close) on MAC and Windows.
I was unaware of a function in the API.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 04:51 PM   #10
turanga
Human being with feelings
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Posts: 13
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgemeal View Post
EDIT: Uploaded v1.02 to ReaPack, should now work (close) on MAC and Windows.
I was unaware of a function in the API.
this update does not appear in reapack
turanga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 08:06 PM   #11
Edgemeal
Human being with feelings
 
Edgemeal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: ASU`ogacihC
Posts: 1,110
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turanga View Post
this update does not appear in reapack
OK thanks, its there now.
Edgemeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.