Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-20-2019, 04:09 PM   #1
nlamont
Human being with feelings

Default AKAI LPD8 not recognised by Reaper

I've got an AKAI LPD8 MIDI controller attached to my PC. According to Windows the driver is installed and working. I have the LPD8 Editor software but no idea what to do with it. When I open Reaper and look in Audio > MIDI Devices, it's not there. Under Control Surfaces I have Mackie Control (dev 0.1)

I'd like to use the pads to control EzDrummer and the dials to control some synths but no instrument responds in any way to the controller. I don't think Reaper knows it's there but don't know how to detect it.

Can anyone help?

Windows 10, Reaper 5.971
nlamont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 10:49 AM   #2
ivansc

If the MIDI drivers are correctly installed, the Akai should be showing up as a MIDI device. If it isnt something has gone wrong, so I suggest you uninstall the driver, download the latest version from Akai again & re-install.
Old 03-25-2019, 02:32 PM   #3
nlamont

Default Actually it's worse than that now!

For the first time since my abortive attempt to use the AKAI controller, I tried using my ordinary external keyboard to play a synth in Reaper and it doesn't work.

I use a Casio keyboard connected to my M-Audio Delta sound card with a MIDI cable. I've used this quite happily in Reaper for many years. The keyboard, cable and sound card are all OK as I can use them still in other DAWs on my PC. The problem is only in Reaper.

I do 'Insert virtual instrument on new channel'. Record Input is Audio or MIDI. Input is MIDI - all MIDI inputs. But the channel's not receiving anything. The panel doesn't light up when I press keys.

In Reaper preferences Delta AP MIDI is set as Enabled + control as it was before. I've attached a screenshot. It was all working the day before I tried to install the AKAI but I don't know how to get back to that position. I've tried 'reset all MIDI devices'

Can anyone advise?

https://forum.cockos.com/attachment....1&d=1553549526

Last edited by nlamont; 08-14-2022 at 02:21 AM.
nlamont is offline   Reply With Quote