Old 03-11-2019, 11:57 AM   #1
flixkoi
Human being with feelings

Default Using Machine Mikro MK2 with Reaper

Hey guys

i already asked the native instruments forum but maybe you can help me out too
i tried to find a solution on google and youtube but i didn't find any...

I know how to use Machine Mikro MK2 in my Reaper DAW in case of loading instruments and using it as a VST and how to play instruments with my Keyboard... but I cant figure out the most important thing and cant find any setting to change the following scenario:

I start a new project, load Machine as a VST and load a full drum kit...
problem: i can not play the actual pads on the MK2 to record a beat but i can do that with my keyboard...

does anyone of you know how to set up my mk2 in my reaper DAW to actually play with the pads?

I would really appreciate any help of you

Best Regards
Felix
flixkoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2019, 12:59 PM   #2
foxAsteria

https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=194950

Try my templates. If none of them are quite what you want, lemme know and I'll try to assist.

In general, you need to set each sound (pad) to "host" via MIDI output in Maschine if you want to record its MIDI, and also set the Reaper Maschine track to record MIDI output. Then you can use Maschine in native mode, record into Reaper and playback on the same track.

If you can't figure it out and don't need note repeat, just put the Maschine into MIDI mode (shift+f2 on mine) and it will work just like your keyboard and you'll be able to record the MIDI input.

Last edited by foxAsteria; 03-12-2019 at 02:35 PM.
foxAsteria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #3
flixkoi

first of all thx for the answer and I'll try that out as soon as I can and tell you if I succeeded or need help with it
thanks a lot
Old 03-19-2019, 05:59 AM   #4
flixkoi

so I tried every template and it really helped me out to get my goal a step closer ^^
one thing I noticed:
I didn't know which template it was but I had the problem that when I want to load a new kit I need to change the settings of each sound inside machine so that reaper is actually record the right sound on the right track.
I hope you know what I mean^^

But that is a small issue to handle with... so you really helped me out with the templates

best regards
Felix
Old 03-19-2019, 01:04 PM   #5
foxAsteria

Cool, glad they helped. Maybe one of them had the +ROUTING button enabled. Kit's should only change their routing if that's lit when they're loaded. I'll have a look at them. I think there were some other tweaks that I should make for a new version. Anything else you though was strange?

Also, if you could post any feedback on the Maschine thread, it might help anyone else trying something similar.