Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > ReaScript, JSFX, REAPER Plug-in Extensions, Developer Forum

Old 09-20-2019, 01:41 PM   #241
foxAsteria
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Regarding ReaLearn - I don't use it so cannot be of help here. With SK - the built in feedback always worked for my needs.
Hmm ok, I thought it was necessary to use ReaLearn. I was just following a tutorial involving SK, ReaLearn and Faderbox. So you say SK can send feedback to controllers from plugins out of the box? I'll play around with this tonight. That would be great.

Awesome you've got some major changes in the works. Sorry it took me so long to discover how useful this is. Don't worry about my request. I'll just wait for your release. Lemme know if you want me to test it. Thanks for your help!
Old 09-21-2019, 09:27 AM   #242
lb0

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxAsteria View Post
Hmm ok, I thought it was necessary to use ReaLearn. I was just following a tutorial involving SK, ReaLearn and Faderbox. So you say SK can send feedback to controllers from plugins out of the box? I'll play around with this tonight. That would be great.

Awesome you've got some major changes in the works. Sorry it took me so long to discover how useful this is. Don't worry about my request. I'll just wait for your release. Lemme know if you want me to test it. Thanks for your help!
There are a few requirements for Faderbox itself to send feedback - but it always worked for my controllers.

Your controller needs to have the controls set up as sequential CC's - so for example - CC0-31.

If you can do that - then it should just be a case of going into faderbox and setting the feedback sliders appropriately.

Add a midi hardware output on the __LBX_SKCTL track to the controller.

But a number of people had difficulties getting this to work - I've no real idea why - it should just work and always did for me.
lb0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2019, 01:37 PM   #243
foxAsteria

Quote:
Originally Posted by lb0 View Post
Add a midi hardware output on the __LBX_SKCTL track to the controller.
Ah, ok I guess this is what I was missing. Thanks again, btw, do you plan to add an option to the new release to start counting from CC1 instead of 0? It's a bit confusing at times when I have everything else set that way.

Once I get it set, I'll make a thread and share how I got it working, cos it's really a game changer to always have certain info and controls on a portable tablet.

And soon enough I'll get around to donating some $$$ to all you genius coders making my life more enjoyable...for now plz accept my eternal gratitude.