Old 07-10-2010, 11:09 AM   #1
2bigfeet
Human being with feelings

Default Need theme help...

Hi folks, new to Reaper today. I've been searching and reading the manual but just can't seem to figure out how exactly to change a skin. I've downloaded a PT8 theme>landed on the desktop. Now what? All I have is a Reaper icon in the app folder... no other folders which to put a theme doc? Just not finding a clear picture on how to do this. I haven't yet paid for Reaper so is this feature crippled? Thanks for any help or direction to the right place.

Mac Pro OSX (10.6.2)
002 rack interface
2bigfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #2
ngarjuna

There are no crippled features in REAPER prior to registration so you don't have to worry about that.

Since you're on Mac I can't give you the exact path, but you should be able to use the MacOS Finder to locate the ColorThemes folder. You will need to locate the theme in there, then it will show up in the list available themes inside REAPER itself.

On my Win7 PC it's located here:
\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\ColorThem es

Then you can switch to that theme from inside REAPER.
ngarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #3
2bigfeet

Found the folder. It was located: users>library>application support.

The theme I downloaded was this one: https://stash.reaper.fm/theme/382/ProTools8.rar

Is this a windows only skin? I dragged into the theme folder and switch to it under prefs but it is grayed out...?
Old 07-10-2010, 12:24 PM   #4
ngarjuna

.RAR is a compressed archive. You need to unpack the archive and place the actual files in that folder.

Can't tell you what unRAR options are available for MacOS but it's a very common file format, I'm sure freeware utilities must exist.

ETA: I don't believe themes are ever Windows only. Once you get it uncompressed/unarchived you should be good to go.
ngarjuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 12:50 PM   #5
2bigfeet

Never saw that extension before. Didn't realize it was compressed.

Okay, almost there. All unstuffed and installed them to the theme folder. They loaded up to select them from the prefs. However, it doesn't seem to load correctly or all of the buttons etc. I'm getting a circle with a line "/" thru it or an "!" in place of button icons. Some things are changing but it doesn't look anything like its suppose to. I tried a couple different themes and the same thing is happening.
Old 07-10-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
2bigfeet

Got it. Had too many folders. Everything seems to be good.

Thanks for your help. :-)
Old 07-10-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Bottom

Default New to Reaper Hi everybody

I have looked in settings and gone through manual, using version 3.63. I was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to assign the mouse wheel to the project window as a scroll function e.g. in Microsoft Word instead of doubling up with the arrow keys and Num + and - key functions.

I know you can move the mouse to the icon area and scroll to the right. I am seeming fussy but it would be extremely splendorous to achieve this triumph.

Pip pip
Old 07-10-2010, 08:37 PM   #8
arkima

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottom View Post
I have looked in settings and gone through manual, using version 3.63. I was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to assign the mouse wheel to the project window as a scroll function e.g. in Microsoft Word instead of doubling up with the arrow keys and Num + and - key functions.

I know you can move the mouse to the icon area and scroll to the right. I am seeming fussy but it would be extremely splendorous to achieve this triumph.

Pip pip
I forgot what the default modifier key(s) are (Mine is set to Alt+Mousewheel).

Explore and set up button assignments in the Actions Menu (shortcut "?" or Main Menu > Actions > Show action list...)
In the Action List, type in your search ie- scroll and you'll probably be looking at checking/changing: "View: Scroll horizontally (MIDI CC relative/mousewheel)". Just have a tinker with the other scroll actions if something else suits. The Action list isn't just your friend - it's your SUPER friend!
arkima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:19 PM   #9
Bottom

Default Thanks Arkima

I am forever in your debt, this has awoken a new vision of how to use the Super Action list. This forum is a very helpful community and a breathe of fresh air.
Reaper's a great App in every way and being part of it as it gets better, especially Schwa's notepad and alike.