Old 08-04-2016, 02:19 AM   #1
deek
Human being with feelings

Default Reaper and Overbridge

Hey guys, already posted this in the Elektronauts forum but no solution yet.

Maybe one of you has an idea?

When I try to slave my A4 to Reaper I have the problem that every time I hit play it sounds weird for a couple of seconds and only after that it plays well. It sounds like Reaper is trying to find the right tempo/pitch... the pitch goes up and down and it's all a bit crackling... and after that it's fine.

When I listen to the Master Out of my A4 everything sounds fine only the USB Outs are affected.

It works well in Ableton and also in Logic. But Reaper is my favorite DAW so it would be great to find a trick to solve this. I can work with it though but it's really annoying...
deek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:03 AM   #2
deek

Yeah,I think I found the solution.

In the track where the A4 Plugin is used do a rightclick and choose "Prevent anticipative FX" in "Track performance options" menu.

Have to do some further testing the next days but at first glance it seems to work :-)
Old 08-07-2016, 02:43 PM   #3
acintya

Quote:
Originally Posted by deek View Post
Yeah,I think I found the solution.

In the track where the A4 Plugin is used do a rightclick and choose "Prevent anticipative FX" in "Track performance options" menu.

Have to do some further testing the next days but at first glance it seems to work :-)
hello, i use analog keys and also had this problem!thanks for the solution..i will try this in the next days.

one question,how do you route everything?im kinda confused..there are tutorials for ableton but no tutorial for reaper. also i found some additional problems..lets say i put a midi arrpegiator in the chain before akeys vst.. it wont render OK. something is very wrong with this plugins...
acintya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
deek

I don't rout anything special. Just add the plugin via "track"->"insert virtual instrument on new track" which does all routing automatically. I don't use any arp or something... I just do the sequencing via my A4 and a littleautomating of the plugin. If I like what I hear I record the output of the A4's single tracks to audio and that's it.

Sometimes I still have little issues but it's rare and doesn't bother me much.
Old 08-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #5
acintya

thanks!!! =
acintya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 04:30 PM   #6
DruMunkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by acintya View Post
hello, i use analog keys and also had this problem!thanks for the solution..i will try this in the next days.

one question,how do you route everything?im kinda confused..there are tutorials for ableton but no tutorial for reaper. also i found some additional problems..lets say i put a midi arrpegiator in the chain before akeys vst.. it wont render OK. something is very wrong with this plugins...
Not sure if you still care about this, but in case someone else stumbles along..

Overbridge eats MIDI. So you need to either put any midi stuff you want routed to an elektron device over USB MIDI on a separate track, Or you need to put it AFTER the OB VST.
DruMunkey is offline   Reply With Quote