Old 02-27-2018, 09:15 PM   #1
GaryJ73167
Human being with feelings

Default Free Organ Sound VST

Can anyone suggest a free plugin to make a piano sound like an organ? Preferably for a 70's rock style sound?

I am not being picky. If there is a free version that works with reaper and someone may use and can suggest, I would be eternally grateful.

I have googled this for over an hour. Either I am not installing the plugins properly or I have the worst luck in the world, but, EVERY SINGLE plugin I tried will not show up in Reaper. And, I am completely aware of how to install the VST/DLL plugins. I have done it countless times with success . I do the "Rescan" option, make sure the path of the plugin folder is up to date,..etc..etc

It just seems that nothing is working. Can they all be outdated or not compatible with Reaper? I think I'm losing my mind. Hahah

Any help would be appreciated
GaryJ73167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:25 PM   #2
Calaban
Human being with feelings

Couple questions:

When you say “to make a piano sound like an organ” do you mean take a recorded piano sound and somehow process it to sound like an organ?

Or do you mean use a midi controller to play an organ vsti?

Are you on Windows?

If you are one Windows and have a midi controller, try this.

http://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=37

It has electric pianos and an organ as well. They sound pretty darn good. I used them for years until I upgraded to some other vsti’s. The organ they sell....VB3...is fantastic, but the free one in that bundle will be fine for you. Sounds really good actually.

I haven’t used them in years so I don’t know if it will work with recent versions of Windows and/or Reaper.
Calaban is offline   Reply With Quote