Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER Compatibility

Old 03-07-2018, 09:14 PM   #1
curtfisher
Human being with feelings

Default Current Korg nanoKONTROL Studio Compatibility

I've read threads and stories about the Korg nanoKONTROL Studio & Korg nanoKONTROL2 but they are quite outdated, some years old. I'm looking to make the plunge with possibly using both at the same time but have heard such horror stories on getting them set up and even recognized for that matter. I don't want to and certainly don't feel like I should be jumping through hoops getting units working from such a large name brand. I understand nothing is truly plug and play, but does anyone have any current info on the compatibility of these two units with Reaper and if it's worth it?

Thanks!
curtfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018, 09:40 PM   #2
curtfisher

Two weeks later and still nothing?
Old 03-20-2018, 04:27 AM   #3
ivansc

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtfisher View Post
Two weeks later and still nothing?
???? I thought I already responded to you. Do you have 2 threads going?

cut to the chase: I use a pair of Nanokontrol 1s via a template for reaper posted on here. It took me a little while to get the hang of the korg editor, which you pretty muchb have to use for any DAW setup, but once that was set to my likiong I ahve literally forgotten all about the setup, as it just works.
From mermory, you install teh Korg MIDI driver & then just create your template routing the various controls on the Nano to where you want them & it works. End of. BUT your mileage may vary of course.
In the meantime, welcome to the forums, if you didnt already do download and check out the free User Guide and watch some of the excellent free Video Tutorials, all at reaper.fm
Old 03-27-2018, 09:30 PM   #4
curtfisher

No, I do not have two threads going. But thanks for the response.

I pretty much knew all about what you mentioned (from the years old information on the older models) but that's all from your memory, as in not current if you know what I mean, lol. I was just wondering if anyone had current experience on the products I mentioned (Kontrol Studio), not the version 1 of anything because they are different pieces of equipment (even though the functionality is essentially the same).

Simply put, if getting the Kontrol Studio working is as much of a pain as the years old reviews of the older versions is, I just don't want to waste my money even buying it.
Old 03-29-2018, 02:17 PM   #5
ivansc

The Mk1 and 2 were only a pain in the ass if you didn't RTFM!

Admittedly some of the Japanenglish used to explain the Korg Editor was a little hard to figure out.
Since nobody else has responded & this is after all a relatively new toy, I suspect you arent going to get a response from a current user. Maybe try the Korg forums?