Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 12-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #41
aspiringSynthesisingAlch
Human being with feelings

Default midi magic for noobs

Quote:
Originally Posted by V'ger View Post
Found this which might be a free alternative to get the computer keyboard to send MIDI messages: QwertyKeyboardMidi

It doesn't say what MIDI messages it's sending exactly, but all can anyway be translated using for example midiConverter3.
I'm bookmarking like crazy, there's so many great ideas in these forums, but currently just a little over my pay-grade (still a midiot, preset previewing vsti's in isolation, with only the most basic MIDI {note on's} succesfully set up ...so far

I'm wondering if this is achievable, or indeed the same 'sort of thing' (MIDI routing PC messages etc) as this

Are there any video guides around (or anyone feel up to the task) that succintly illustrate, step-by-step

a) what the problem being addressed is
b) how the problem can be overcome

This is like level 5 stuff compared to the level 1 I'm at, but I think (unless I'm mistaken) it's yet another way of achieving the same (similar) objective
aspiringSynthesisingAlch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 03:58 PM   #42
V'ger
Human being with feelings

Hm can you list the tasks you want done?

Not sure if relevant, but just want to give another vote to GlovPie mentioned by others earlier in this thread. A very nifty program. Midi to anything.

Another fab thing is Bome's Midi Translator (Classic Edition is free, but send Bome a postcard to get it registred and rid of the nag). Midi to key and mouse.
V'ger is offline   Reply With Quote