Fierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:32 AM   #202
Vollgerd
Human being with feelings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fierce View Post
Well now I'm truly lost!

Into: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\REAPER - I placed: reaper_csurf_fpxt.ini

And into: C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\REAPER\UserPlugins - I placed: reaper_csurf_fpxt64.dll

I'm quite prepared to admit I'm being daft, but is this not what Gerd is saying?!
Hallo,
You're using Reaper 4.78?
I think I read somewhere, to need reaper 5.
I just tried it with Reapert. 4.78
This does not work with me too.

Greetings
Gerd
Vollgerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:03 AM   #203
Fierce

Gerd! You are right, Reaper 4xx does not recognise the FaderPort XT DLL

After DL Reraper 5.18, when adding a control surface, the XT option IS there

Still doesn't work mind

I'm now getting the following error message: "Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs" which is basically what I was getting before, when I was using the old software and the standard FaderPort DLL that is already included

I've got the device DISABLED under midi devices, and have selected FaderPort XT under Control Surfaces. I have set MIDI in and MIDI out to FaderPort - this is correct?

Nothing works.

Anyone any suggestions please?

Last edited by Fierce; 04-25-2016 at 11:15 AM.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:52 AM   #204
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vollgerd View Post
Hallo,
You're using Reaper 4.78?
I think I read somewhere, to need reaper 5.
I just tried it with Reapert. 4.78
This does not work with me too.

Greetings
Gerd
The The_Nimaj would have had to make that change because my version works in V4 and V5. However, I see no reason both shouldn't work in V4. That being said, my suggestion to The_Nimaj is to see if he make this easier, one folder etc. or create an installer. Much of the reason I left it as-is before was to keep the complexity of install to an absolute minimum (FWIW) for all users in the event I weren't close by.

However, he left his email address etc. in the first post so I would PM and/or email him.

Last edited by karbomusic; 04-25-2016 at 12:13 PM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 12:40 PM   #205
Fierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
The The_Nimaj would have had to make that change because my version works in V4 and V5. However, I see no reason both shouldn't work in V4. That being said, my suggestion to The_Nimaj is to see if he make this easier, one folder etc. or create an installer. Much of the reason I left it as-is before was to keep the complexity of install to an absolute minimum (FWIW) for all users in the event I weren't close by.

However, he left his email address etc. in the first post so I would PM and/or email him.
Hi Karbo

I tried yours too, no dice

Don't suppose you've ever come across the "Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs" error message? I'm not sure my device is working properly, or has the correct drivers

I tried calling PreSonus. Lol! I gave up after listening to recipes on their batshit mental hold music system after an hour
Old 04-25-2016, 01:15 PM   #206
karbomusic

Quote:
Hi Karbo

I tried yours too, no dice

Don't suppose you've ever come across the "Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs" error message? I'm not sure my device is working properly, or has the correct drivers
You'll get that when Reaper can't communicate with the hardware either because it is installed properly but disconnected (or any other communication conflict) and/or potentially if it is enabled in any way under MIDI devices (must be disabled in call cases in MIDI devices) at the same time. Also, when selected in control surfaces you have to set the MIDI in/out in that config screen only to use the faderport in/out...

Old 04-25-2016, 02:12 PM   #207
Fierce

Thanks Karbo

Everything was as per your post, and it just randomly started working. I enabled and disabled and generally fiddled with settings, and suddenly we're in

That said, the Pan knob doesn't pan, I have to do something to make that happen, right? Same with Mute Solo and Rec?
Old 04-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #208
karbomusic

Quote:
Thanks Karbo

Everything was as per your post, and it just randomly started working.
That sounds like it lost communication because opening the control surface dialog, clicking OK reloads the DLL. Glad you got it working (mostly).

Quote:
That said, the Pan knob doesn't pan, I have to do something to make that happen, right? Same with Mute Solo and Rec?
You'll have to check the first post in this thread and/or replies below it since there are a number of options related to the pan knob and I don't know what the defaults are in this latest build. Maybe the same for mute/solo/record. In my previous version those worked 'out of the box' but I think other options have been added so I simply don't know since I never upgraded. One of the reason's I didn't upgrade is the one I use has some special code that turns my 'on the air light' Red/Green/White depending on whether record/play/stopped.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:37 AM   #209
Fierce

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbomusic View Post
That sounds like it lost communication because opening the control surface dialog, clicking OK reloads the DLL. Glad you got it working (mostly).

You'll have to check the first post in this thread and/or replies below it since there are a number of options related to the pan knob and I don't know what the defaults are in this latest build. Maybe the same for mute/solo/record. In my previous version those worked 'out of the box' but I think other options have been added so I simply don't know since I never upgraded. One of the reason's I didn't upgrade is the one I use has some special code that turns my 'on the air light' Red/Green/White depending on whether record/play/stopped.
Instead, I reverted back to YOUR file, and it works! Everything works!

I think. I don't know what half of it does being completely honest, but I'm going to have fun learning

A big big thank you to yourself, The_Nimaj and all the other helpful people in the thread

Reaper People
Old 04-26-2016, 08:18 PM   #210
The_Nimaj

Hi everyone. I'm glad to see the amount of activity here and know that even though I haven't been posting replies or chiming in, I have been reading and keeping up. It's a busy time of the semester so I have to dedicate my time to other areas but I will consider creating an installer once things settle down (within the next week or so). Also I will admit to overlooking to some extent some of the less tech savvy of us music people when I didn't have some certain things in order so that it "just works". So that will also be fixed when I get to it.

Last, if there are any major issues/bugs that just absolutely must be addressed, please let me know. My additions are far from perfect so i'm relying on everyone's feedback. Other feature requests are welcome as well.
Old 04-26-2016, 08:27 PM   #211
OPI

Thanks dude ^^ your work is much appreciated. Your probably tired of hearing it by now.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 02:20 AM   #212
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
Other feature requests are welcome as well.
Yes, I'd like a display on my faderport, with tracknumber and name,
and H:M:S/M:B:S

Can you code that for me?
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:23 AM   #213
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Sun View Post
Yes, I'd like a display on my faderport, with tracknumber and name,
and H:M:S/M:B:S

Can you code that for me?
Hmm morse code sounds like the way to go.
Old 04-27-2016, 01:17 PM   #214
eltrex

Hi! First, huge thanks for the faderport xt, is amazing. My faderport arrived 2 days ago and I installed the xt version, and I have a question that I can´t find in the post...

In the .ini file, there isn´t a line for the next button. There is a line for the prev button...can I type it in the ini file and customize that button??

Thanks and sorry for the bad english
eltrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 03:21 PM   #215
Fierce

Is this the right thread to ask general questions about the device?

I want to know if I can use the fader to change the tempo of a section of a track, or as a filter*

I mean like a flange effect, is filter the right word?
Old 04-27-2016, 11:27 PM   #216
G-Sun

Quote:

I want to know if I can use the fader to change the tempo of a section of a track, or as a filter*

For tempo would be very hard.
But for any kind of fx-manipulation, you should be fine.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 05:52 AM   #217
The_Nimaj

Quote:
Originally Posted by eltrex View Post
Hi! First, huge thanks for the faderport xt, is amazing. My faderport arrived 2 days ago and I installed the xt version, and I have a question that I can´t find in the post...

In the .ini file, there isn´t a line for the next button. There is a line for the prev button...can I type it in the ini file and customize that button??

Thanks and sorry for the bad english
Yes! Nearly every button is customizable, if it's not currently in the INI file, you may add it by typing in the form:

Code:
ACTION_***= xxx 
ACTION_***_SHIFT = yyy
Where '***' is whatever button you want, in your case CH_NEXT, and xxx and yyy are whatever action number you want to assign. You can get the action string by going to the actions in reaper and right clicking and selecting "Copy Action ID" or similar.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #218
The_Nimaj

Quote:

If it's in relation to the XT version for the faderport, then yes, this is the best place to ask.
At the moment I don't believe you can change the tempo (I say this uncertainly because I didn't directly make it possible, but maybe it is in some other way). However as G-Sun said it would probably be quite difficult to map such a large tempo range to the limited values of the fader.

As for the flange effect, if you are talking about a parameter within a plugin, then you absolutely may. But as a general not, I have come across a plugin or two that simply will not let you automate certain parameters.
Old 04-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #219
BobF

I was using FaderPort with a different DAW and noticed that the OUTPUT button had a very clever (to me) implementation.

Let's say you're currently on any track but Master. You make your tweaks, then press OUTPUT to change the Master level. Pressing OUTPUT again takes you back to the previous track.

Is this possible with FaderPort XT?

Overall I'm really liking the flexibility FP-XT provides. Thanks for your (and your predecessor's) great work on this.
BobF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:09 AM   #220
karbomusic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobF View Post
You make your tweaks, then press OUTPUT to change the Master level. Pressing OUTPUT again takes you back to the previous track.

Is this possible with FaderPort XT?
There were some output button options not sure of the master toggle though... I noticed I never updated my very first post (in the original thread) with the following. Not sure if The_Nimaj has touched this code but see the output button options here:

Quote:

Ref: http://forum.cockos.com/showpost.php...8&postcount=47

Output Button

ACTION_OUTPUT
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT

Both the defaults are 0 which keeps the default vol/pan flip mode behavior. Changing ACTION_OUTPUT to any value other than zero enables both Output and Shift+Output and also disables flip mode. Set it to any action ID and it will run that action. Set it to 1 or 2 to enable two special master track options. Here are some examples:

Faderport output button default behavior (default setting):
ACTION_OUTPUT=0
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=0

Faderport output button selects master track and deselects all other tracks. Shift+Output toggles master track visibility:
ACTION_OUTPUT=1
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=41209

Faderport output button gives faderport control of the master but does not deselect other tracks. Shift+Output toggles stereo/mono on the master track:
ACTION_OUTPUT=2
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=40917

Faderport output button displays the FXChain for the master track, Shift+Open toggles FX bypass for the master track.
ACTION_OUTPUT=40846
ACTION_OUTPUT_SHIFT=16

* Note that ACTION_OUTPUT=0, ACTION_OUTPUT=1 and ACTION_OUTPUT=2 are special values. All other values other than 0, 1, or 2 should be an action ID.

Last edited by karbomusic; 04-29-2016 at 06:20 AM.
karbomusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2016, 11:22 AM   #221
GHOSTT BLLONDE

Thank you for coding this!

I have been really wnating/looking for these features!

BUT I am not well versed in scripts/codes so I am having a bit of difficulty creating custom actions.

I would like the be able to use the pan knob as a parameter control on plugins.

For instance, right now if I open a console emulation, like Waves SSLChannel, the pan knob will cycle between the parameters of the plugin and the fader adjusts the settings. I would like to have the pan knob control this so it feels more like adjusting an actual knob on the console & etc

Would anyone be able to walk me through the process for creating this action?

Thank you again
GHOSTT BLLONDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2016, 05:08 AM   #222
Vollgerd

Quote:
Also I miss all
ACTION_BANK_XXX= (BANK and ARM, or BANK and PREV, or BANK and Solo etc)
Also
ACTION_BANK_SHIFT_XXX=

I added this too, but that doesn't work.
My wish, if you can make this possible, so it will be possible to add 50 more action-ID
-----------------------------
The New Feature
Shift + Bank activates FX mode
-select through FX with Channel Select
-Select through Params with Scroll knob

For me, I think it will work better, if
-select through FX with Scroll knob
-select through Params with Channel Select.

Is it possible, that I can do this with the INI?

Thank you for responce and Help
Hallo,
that is my wish too. See post 180.
I think you can`t realize that whith Actions, because you can't change anything with Shift+Bank+.....

Gerd
Old 06-05-2016, 02:51 PM   #223
CoryT

Can we automate a send volume using this thing? I cant figure out how to do it. Anybody else got it?
CoryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 12:41 AM   #224
tompad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryT View Post
Can we automate a send volume using this thing? I cant figure out how to do it. Anybody else got it?
Isnt it just to choose send volume in the automation window on track?
And then switch it to write or similar(touch?)?
Old 06-06-2016, 05:47 AM   #225
CoryT

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompad View Post
Isnt it just to choose send volume in the automation window on track?
And then switch it to write or similar(touch?)?
One would think, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I can write or touch with the mouse with ease, but it as soon as I touch the fader on the control surface it starts to write a volume envelope for the track, even though its not even armed.
Old 06-06-2016, 07:50 AM   #226
Vollgerd

Yes, you are right.
That does not work.
Also the Fader is not costumized.
Old 06-06-2016, 08:25 AM   #227
tompad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryT View Post
One would think, but it doesn't seem to work for me. I can write or touch with the mouse with ease, but it as soon as I touch the fader on the control surface it starts to write a volume envelope for the track, even though its not even armed.
Ouch, you are right...I thought it would work.. :-(
I managed to make only the Send volume track record enabled
but nothing happens when moving fader...

Any one knowing if this is possible to implement?
Old 06-06-2016, 02:01 PM   #228
Vollgerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompad View Post
Any one knowing if this is possible to implement?
Hallo,
no it ist not possible because the fader is not costumized.

Greetengs
Gerd
Old 06-07-2016, 09:01 AM   #229
tompad

Quote:
Hallo,
no it ist not possible because the fader is not costumized.
Hm...but (maybe I am wrong) the fader can change f.ex the gain in EQ,
if I select that, so why isn't it possible to change the the Send-volume
fader if I select that?
Old 06-07-2016, 09:18 AM   #230
Vollgerd

may be I have misunderstood the question.
I think Nimaj or Karbomusic can do this.
But it is not possible with actions, or ini (not yet).

Greetings
Gerd
Old 06-07-2016, 10:38 AM   #231
CoryT

Quote:
may be I have misunderstood the question.
I think Nimaj or Karbomusic can do this.
But it is not possible with actions, or ini (not yet).

Greetings
Gerd
Yeah I've been trying for a couple of days now and I have zero luck. I don't think it is possible yet for some reason. I seems that this would be a much needed/wanted feature but perhaps I'm the only one. I have found a send/receive plugin for this so there is a work around. I do love the XT driver though. I'm willing to wait for an added tweak if Ninjam or Karbo want to add it. I can always just draw the send if I have to, though would be a lot cooler with the fader. No worries though. Thanks everyone. You guys are the best!
Old 06-08-2016, 06:32 AM   #232
Slapclap

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Nimaj View Post
Other feature requests are welcome as well.
A little read me manual outlining the basics packed in with the latest version, would be great, I'm sorta getting lost with what's been updated, keep up the good work and thanks a lot.
Slapclap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 08:02 AM   #233
The_Nimaj

Unfortunately, my laptop which I program on crashed some time ago and getting it fixed is a bit on the expensive side. Between that and being very busy with my own studio I haven't had a chance to address some of the issues I had intended on addressing.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:34 AM   #234
lowellben

Thanks for making this for us Faderport users!
Old 06-10-2016, 09:44 AM   #235
OPI

Yes!!! Huge thanks from me aswell.
OPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2016, 11:25 AM   #236
brianblaskim

Huge thanks from me as well for making this!

If you are experiencing issues getting your faderport to work properly, before you spend an hour wandering the everwise internet messing with drivers and firmware updates, make sure your cables are plugged in ALL THE WAY.

This is not from personal experience.
brianblaskim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:51 AM   #237
Twangothan

Just installed my new Faderport, thanks to you. Fantastic job, thanks so much.
Twangothan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 05:56 AM   #238
karbomusic

Thanks guys! Couldn't live without it myself.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:01 AM   #239
JHughes
Banned

Thanks too from me again. Just got the Faderport installed on my new machine, and I love how it consistently turns itself down and off now upon exit.

I still don't know why devs haven't rolled this in to Reaper proper.
JHughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2016, 12:37 AM   #240
Aquiline

Just wanted to add my thanks for all the hard work you've put in to this. Great to have all the new features. Does anyone have a list of the various buttons and their actions? I'm sure there are lot's of shift+? hidden away that I don't realise are there. Love the additions I've found so far thouugh.
Aquiline is offline   Reply With Quote