Old 04-22-2018, 09:07 AM   #1
zeekat
Human being with feelings

Default solitary collab

I ran this single chord arp sequence from my new Ultranova, then attempted to play something around it. Kinda like a collab with myself.

Watched a bunch of FACT mag "against the clock" vids on youtube, where people produce tracks in ten minutes, and subsequently wanted to try to make something as fast as possible. But the version made in a half an hour was so atrocious I spent two extra evenings to make it bearable. To be honest those "against the clock" vids are often pretty embarrassing as well.

Anyways, arp/lead bits straight from Ultranova, pads from Synth1 (extra octave in my E-mu keyboard is better for pads and I don't have a way to connect it to Novation yet). IMO sounds kinda okay.

(quite a futile attempt of convincing myself I bought this thing for music not just for plugging inner void with a shiny new object. I could stay with free VSTs after all.)

Last edited by zeekat; 04-22-2018 at 12:54 PM. Reason: obsessive remixing engage: +2db to bass
zeekat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
sammydix

This sounds more in key with your proggy side and right up my street. Totally into it. I listened on monitors and phones, and it sounded great on both. I could hear just a little more on the low end though. Nothing 'vital', but I think it would make the mix just a bit thicker, bigger, fuller. Regardless, I liked it as is.
sammydix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2018, 01:02 AM   #3
zeekat

I obsessively try to avoid boomy sound, looks like I highpass stuff a tad too much, more than my reference tracks suggest. Damn you re-mix and listen so hard your ears ring, then end up not quite satisfied anyway.
Old 04-23-2018, 03:39 AM   #4
azimuth

Location: The place that's round on the ends and high in the middle

Very cool zeekat, nice tight sounding mix to my ears. (that's not saying much though) I like the groove.
azimuth is offline   Reply With Quote