Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > REAPER Forums > REAPER General Discussion Forum

Old 04-20-2018, 07:50 AM   #1
larryJ
Human being with feelings

Default Web Interface Tools Available for Marker Navigation and Utility Work esp for Theater

I needed some capabilities to help me run cues for live musical theater use and am sharing these Web Interface tools...and some sample REAPER projects as well. I placed details and a download link on my web site (used for other stuff too) under the REAPER for Theater tab at www.WorkWebs.com

Basically there are sample REAPER projects in 2 flavors...one uses Envelopes and Markers for every state change in running a show, the other uses a TAB delimited Excel export state table to handle all mutes and unmutes and a column in that state table to drive transport positioning to a desired marker that sets up any other aspects of the sound via Envelopes ... the best of both worlds.

Along with these sample projects are some tools that can be used with any project.

One is a track muter and numbered marker navigator that can move to prior/next numbered marker and/or can use the state table to not only go to a named marker but also mute and unmute all desired tracks (handy when characters enter or leave the stage).

Another is a Track Muter and Volume adjuster that provides buttons to mute or unmute tracks or increase or decrease volume. Yes, it is simple, but it also can filter by track name to allow division of duties to multiple techs in complex un-automated theater use. It can also be used for easy remote control of these functions and is easy to use on a touch screen...avoiding sliders and complex interface elements that are less easy to use on a small touch screen.

Another is the Numbered Marker Navigator. This simply is used to drive to any named marker in a project...while keeping a live view of current position. It is quite handy.

For details see the web page. Hope you find them handy.
larryJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 03:48 PM   #2
larryJ

Default Use with Behringer X32

These tools can work with the Behringer X32 with the addition of Patrick-Gilles Maillot's X32Reaper software. This allows you to use the REAPER Web Interface tools form this post to control your X32...which means you can use Excel-built mute/unmute state table entries to run a show without having to be encumbered by the Cue/Snippet/Scene etc. structure made available directly on the X32. This eliminates the complexities of that system if all you want to do is mute and unmute from a Web interface somewhere. See WorkWebs.com and the REAPER related tab for details.
Old 06-19-2018, 02:46 AM   #3
Flavio

if you are in need of marker list and navigation via a web interface you can have a look at my interface where I just implemented these marker functionalities:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=188194
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #4
larryJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio View Post
if you are in need of marker list and navigation via a web interface you can have a look at my interface where I just implemented these marker functionalities:
https://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=188194
Thank you! Very nice tool!
Old 06-20-2018, 01:55 AM   #5
Flavio

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryJ View Post
Thank you! Very nice tool!
welcome!
Flavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 02:09 AM   #6
G-Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryJ View Post
I needed some capabilities to help me run cues for live musical theater use and am sharing these Web Interface tools...and some sample REAPER projects as well. I placed details and a download link on my web site (used for other stuff too) under the REAPER for Theater tab at www.WorkWebs.com
Nice.
G-Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 10:50 AM   #7
larryJ

Default Updated - now uses Marker Colors

LJ Numbered Marker Manager for REAPER v02.01 now honors marker colors and clarifies "YOU ARE HERE" in the lower list section.