Old 02-24-2018, 02:28 PM   #1
GaryJ73167
Human being with feelings

Default Nanokontrol 2

Hello all,

I am trying to configure my nanokontrol 2 MIDI slider/Pan device to Reaper. My mistake for thinking it would be plug an play.

I am following this tutorial below. I found it on this forum. many people pointed other users experiencing issues to follow this tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=QyTwjJNpq94

Problem is, in this tutorial, there is MANY mentions of a " Klinke extension". I cant seem to find that download no matter where I look.

The tutorial is a few years old so I am thinking maybe there is an updated tutorial for this controller?

When following the steps inside the tutorial, I choose the "Mackie Control universal" but as soon as I close the control surface settings window, I get a message reading "Control Surface: Error opening MIDI inputs".

I have installed the driver and windows see's the MIDI device. The Korg Kontrol Editor sees the device fine. But reaper doesent

Any ideas? Can someone point me to a more recent tutorial on how to use this controller ?

Thanks in advance for your assistance
GaryJ73167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
GaryJ73167

Forget it....

I'm an idiot....figured it out
GaryJ73167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 12:43 PM   #3
smetoyer

Glad to hear you figured it out! I just pulled out an old Nanokontrol2 and will be setting it up in Reaper. What was the issue and how did you fix it?