COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 02-11-2021, 04:22 PM   #1
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Default ISwitchControl "write" automation erratic in Logic Pro X

I've discovered a problem that none of my ISwitch controls write automation properly in Logic Pro X. They work properly everywhere else including Audio Units in Reaper, AAX in Pro Tools and VST/VST3. All controls READ data properly if manually drawn in Logic's timeline.

1) When "write" automation is turned on in Logic, toggling a button/switch on the plugin only records in Logic if it is toggled SLOWLY - i.e., with some time between toggles. Press the button/switch too fast and the change does not get recorded even though it DOES change the status in the plugin. In other words, you can hear/see that the control is working in the plugin but Logic doesn't record the change. I have tried different automation settings in Logic with no improvement.

2) The status shown in the Inspector section of Logic's tracks window sometimes doesn't match the automation value shown in the Tracks section of Logic. Here is an example where I toggle the BYPASS button in my plugin - the Plugin changes state; Logic's Inspector shows that change; but the change does not get recorded in the timeline:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1RL1...ew?usp=sharing

What's going on here and why only in Logic Pro X? Is this a bug in the plugin - or in LOGIC? This is only happening with ISwitch controls - IKnobMulti and IRadioButton controls work properly.

Last edited by Nonlinear; 02-11-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:28 AM   #2
Nonlinear

Lots of views of this thread with no replies. Have you experienced this issue also?

How can Logic update one part of it's screen with a new control value but another part of it's screen does NOT update? How could the PLUGIN be causing this?

But it MUST be a problem in the plugin because other developers’ plugins, and of course those native to Logic, DO work properly.

I'm baffled.

Last edited by Nonlinear; 02-15-2021 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2021, 07:25 AM   #3
Ric Vega

If it works fine in every other DAW then it must be a problem with Logic. Have you tried to check if your switch control shows up when you click on Smart Controls (this is the custom editor that Logic provides at the bottom of the screen)? I've found that some controls, especially switches and captions sometimes do not have a proper representation in Logic. I know I'm not answering your question, but these things might be related.
Ric Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021, 10:37 AM   #4
Nonlinear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric Vega View Post
If it works fine in every other DAW then it must be a problem with Logic. Have you tried to check if your switch control shows up when you click on Smart Controls (this is the custom editor that Logic provides at the bottom of the screen)? I've found that some controls, especially switches and captions sometimes do not have a proper representation in Logic. I know I'm not answering your question, but these things might be related.
On your suggestion I tried Smart Controls but buttons and switches do not show up there - not even with Logic's plugins that I loaded.