COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 03-12-2021, 08:56 AM   #1
rob81
Human being with feelings

Default IPlug Examples (beginner question)

Hey developers,

I'm producing music for quite some time and am actually working on my first VST-FX idea. I first experimented with Synthedit, but couldn't find 64bit convolution for it so I started to look at Juce and Iplug (wdl-ol). Since the licensing stuff with Juce is not so nice for beginners and I do not plan to make it open source I'm currently tinkering around with IPlug and could get a good first start with the Martin Finke tutorial (http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/tags...o_plugins.html). I have my GUI-BG in my new plugin, I changed the default knob and this makes me already very happy...

I also started to learn C++ basics which I guess is necessary... My Plugin idea is fortunately quite simple and programming is not really new to me since I did some stuff with QBasic decades ago...

Now I'd like to implement convolution and tried to learn from the IPlug convolution example... But what do I have to do to run it? I use Visual Studio 2019 and already tried some things but it didn't work... I also downloaded IPlug2 where for every example there's already a sln file... But no convolution example in IPlug2... :/ Thanks for helping an aspiring noob!

Greetings from Germany

rob

Last edited by rob81; 03-14-2021 at 03:40 PM.
rob81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 09:35 AM   #2
Ric Vega
Human being with feelings

you can always use the IPlugEffect example (from IPlug2) and add the code you need for the convolution from the Convo Engine example (from IPlug)
Ric Vega is offline   Reply With Quote