COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 03-18-2021, 02:59 PM   #1
DHSG
Human being with feelings

Default Problem Setting up WDL-OL (Visual Studio 2019)

I am doing my first steps in plugin programming. Right now I am trying to follow the blog about "Making Audio Plugins" by Martin Finke. I followed the instruction on Part 2 (http://www.martin-finke.de/blog/arti...ing-up-wdl-ol/) but cannot start the "MyFirstPlugin" example. The errors shown are in the attached screenshot.

Has anyone an idea how to fix this?
Attached Images
File Type: png PluginErrors2.png (16.0 KB, 333 views)
DHSG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 03:30 PM   #2
Nonlinear

As a recent "convert" myself I would highly advise that you start out with iPlug2, not iPlug1. There is much more documentation and help over on the iPlug2 forums, GitHub and Slack to get you going. See the iPlug2 sticky on this forum. Start by building the IPlugEffect example project and then use it as a template.

In the meantime, to answer your immediate question, it appears you may be missing the required SDK - which means you haven't set up iPlug completely. You need SDKs for all the different plugin types you intended to build (AAX, VST3, etc.). You have to get the AAX SDK from Avid. The Steinberg SDKs are available here: https://developer.steinberg.help/display/VST
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
DHSG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonlinear View Post
As a recent "convert" myself I would highly advise that you start out with iPlug2, not iPlug1. There is much more documentation and help over on the iPlug2 forums, GitHub and Slack to get you going. See the iPlug2 sticky on this forum. Start by building the IPlugEffect example project and then use it as a template.
OK, I will do that.
Can you point me some helpful links for iPlug2?
DHSG is offline   Reply With Quote