COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 07-30-2020, 10:12 AM   #1
Nonlinear
Human being with feelings

Default Something corrupts in WDL files when building AU plugins - SOLVED

I have been struggling with channel I/O issues in AU builds and this morning it became clear WHY.

If I start with a "fresh" copy of the WDL-OL files and build a "1-1 2-2" AU plugin the plugin builds without error, validates and runs in Logic. Plugin works in both mono and stereo tracks.

HOWEVER, if I then attempt build any mono/stereo combination with side chains (such as 1-1 2-1 2-2 4-2) something corrupts SOMEWHERE in the WDL-OL package and subsequent "1-1 2-2" builds no longer work - for ANY projects - not just the current one. Old projects that DID work as "1-1 2-2" no longer work if re-compiled.

So something somewhere in the WDL library files is being re-written when compiling a bad I/O combination and STAYS broken.

Anyone else come across this? Will try to track down the affected file(s).

UPDATE - SOLVED Rebooting my Mac between tests apparently was not clearing something in memory - SHUTTING DOWN and RESTARTING did. After closing up overnight I rebuilt my AU plugins today and now they work! Also see Tale's fixes for iPlugAU here: https://forum.cockos.com/showthread....26#post2264826

Last edited by Nonlinear; 08-06-2020 at 05:16 PM.
Nonlinear is offline   Reply With Quote