COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :

Go Back   Cockos Incorporated Forums > Other Software Discussion > WDL users forum

Old 09-07-2020, 12:50 PM   #1
Ric Vega
Human being with feelings

Default iPlug 2: Location of the component file??

Hi everyone.

I'm using IPlug 2 in Xcode and it works great, but when I build the AU component (for Logic) I can't find it anywhere. Nevertheless, Logic still recognizes the plugin and I can use it, but this means that every time I make a change and I start Logic, it will scan all of my AU plugins for some reason.

I also use Juce to code other plugins and with Juce projects all I had to do was to build the AU with Xcode, find the component file (usually on the build folder of the project) and then drag it to my Library->Audio->Plugins->Components folder.

The strange thing is that Logic still recognizes the existence of the plugin even when it's not inside said Components folder.

Any clues on where can I find the generated AU file so I can manually copy-paste it to the Components folder and thus avoid the rescanning every time I open Logic?

Thank you

*** EDIT *** SOLVED: I had to remove the Clear AU Cache script from the Build Phases. Now it works fine.

Last edited by Ric Vega; 09-07-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Ric Vega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:54 PM   #2
Ric Vega

** UPDATE **

Okay so l found the plugin, it was in a similar path but inside the user->myname branch, so it appears that Logic can find it there too.

BUT, l still have the problem that every time I build the plugin and launch Logic, it scans ALL the existing plugins for some reason. I realize that this is probably a problem with Logic and not with iPlug 2, but maybe for some reason the audio units cache is getting deleted when I build the plugin or something like that?

I will ask on a Logic forum now, but If anyone has had a similar problem please let me know, thanks!
Old 09-07-2020, 06:45 PM   #3
Ric Vega

So, I've noticed that when I build the plugin in Xcode, the file "com.apple.audiounits.cache" which is stored at "Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/" gets deleted, which is something that never happened with Juce projects. Is there a way to prevent this?