COCKOS
CONFEDERATED FORUMS
Cockos : REAPER : NINJAM : Forums
Forum Home : Register : FAQ : Members List : Search :
Old 11-20-2011, 02:59 PM   #1
olilarkin
Human being with feelings

Default WDL-OL

I have just uploaded my version of WDL/IPlug to github, which includes support for building RTAS, VST3, Standalone and IOS, plus numerous enhancements. Nearly all the features that I desired for WDL-CE are implemented. I will no longer be working on WDL-CE because progress was too slow. If anyone else wants to bring these changes into WDL-CE, be my guest.

The projects are set up how I like them, using the IDEs/OSs that I use. There is an entire build-chain for plugin projects that will make installers including all the various binaries/manual etc and a duplicate script which rapidly speeds up development time. You may well need to tweak certain paths etc to build on your system.

There are 13 example projects. Some of which still need to be finished. Parts of the code are based on other people's work which is credited (I hope) and has a similar license to the rest of WDL. The RTAS wrapper has been approved by AVID and does not breach their NDA. You will need to be a registered AVID developer with access to their SDK if you wish to build RTAS plugins.

It's all somewhat a work in progress - see the todo.txt, but has been tested with my Endless Series Plugin. There are some missing features that I haven't added simply because I didn't need them yet.

https://github.com/olilarkin/wdl-ol

To get started you'll want to read the file IPlugExamples/examples.rtf

enjoy!

oli

p.s please don't complain if the commits aren't organised enough for you to cherry-pick changes into your WDL. I'm careful when committing anything to WDL code other than IPlug (e.g. SWELL, LICE), because I know Cockos are actively developing them but as far as IPlug is concerned I just make commits with enough info for myself. Also I've been learning git as I go and made a couple of mistakes at some places which meant some commits were lost.

list of features/differences from stock IPlug...

- Win/OSX RTAS
- Win/OSX VST3
- Win/OSX Standalone app
- IOS 4.3 wrapper (gui handled by apple ui libraries, not IPlug's gui stuff)
- Win/OSX 64 bit support out of the box
- Better xcode/msvc projects using .xconfig/property sheets
- One-click build scripts to build all targets and installer including binaries/license/manual etc.
- Update version script (updates all version numbers based on value in resource.h)
- Easy project duplicator script
- Better example projects - lots of them
- Improved text rendering (multiple font colours, styles, font sizes)
- Text entry support on OSX
- Text entry doesn't flicker on windows
- Text entry character filtering
- Win/OSX Keyboard input handling
- Popup menus
- Simple bitmap monospace font renderer
- IGraphicsLice merged into IGraphics -> less passthrough code
- Fixed cocoa class name conflicts
- VST2 fxp/fxb saving/loading
- OSX file selector
- Better state saving (& chunks)
- Save Preset as bin64 blob for specifying presets in chunks based plugins
- Sidechain support for AU/RTAS/ *VST3*todo
- Complex installer scripts (iceberg and innosetup)
- Less compiler warnings
- ITimeInfo struct for ppq/tempo etc
- Fixes IPlugAU.cpp memory leaks
- Debugging setups in example projects for common hosts
- validate_audiounit script

gotchas...

- IControl text entry prompts are not enabled by default‚ set IControl::mDisablePrompt to false to enable
- IControl takes an IRect, not an address of an IRect (&IRECT) in constructor, keeps gcc happy
- IText default sizes may be different to stock IPlug
- Not tested to build for osx 10.4sdk or ppc‚ might work though
- JPEG resources are disabled by default

Last edited by olilarkin; 04-10-2012 at 10:34 AM.
olilarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
Tale

Cool, thanks for sharing.
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 12:50 AM   #3
ThePriest

Thanks, much appreciated, today i'll try it!!!
ThePriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:24 AM   #4
cc_

Fantastic Oli!
cc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:46 AM   #5
ThePriest

Maybe i've found a small bug, the text entry is a bit too long
[img]hxxp://www.thepriest.site11.com/web_images/dpclat.gif[/img]
Vertical faders works better.
I'm on windows (XP 32 bit).

Last edited by Ollie; 01-25-2014 at 04:35 AM. Reason: removed link due to Google malware warning
Old 11-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
olilarkin

I added an argument to IControl::PromptUserInput() to specify exactly the area where the text entry should appear as an IRECT.

To use it you need to make a new IControl that inherits from IFaderControl and override OnMouseDown calling e.g. PromptUserInput(&mTextRECT). See the IPlugEffect example

If the rect is not specified PromptUserInput() attempts to put it in the middle of the control... but by the looks of things that might not be working correctly.

Last edited by olilarkin; 11-21-2011 at 08:01 AM.
olilarkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
olilarkin

i just pushed an update that should fix that.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:47 AM   #8
schwa
Administrator

olilarkin, fantastic!

Is there a description anywhere of what is not backward compatible? That is, if somebody has an existing iplug project, what changes will they need to make to their code in order to compile against your new library?
schwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 08:50 AM   #9
olilarkin

i think just what is in the "gotchas" list above, but there are probably a couple of other things I have forgotten
Old 11-21-2011, 08:56 AM   #10
olilarkin

the easiest way to test an old project it is to use the duplicator script to copy IPlugEffect (for instance) renaming it with your plugin/manufacturer name.

Probably you can just drop in the MyPlugin.h / MyPlugin.cpp and edit all the &IRECT(...) arguments to IControls to be IRECT()

it would be better to manually edit the new resource.h and bring in your resource IDs / locations / change settings one by one. There is a lot of extra stuff in resource.h .
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 AM   #11
ThePriest

Quote:
Originally Posted by olilarkin View Post
I added an argument to IControl::PromptUserInput() to specify exactly the area where the text entry should appear as an IRECT.

To use it you need to make a new IControl that inherits from IFaderControl and override OnMouseDown calling e.g. PromptUserInput(&mTextRECT). See the IPlugEffect example

If the rect is not specified PromptUserInput() attempts to put it in the middle of the control... but by the looks of things that might not be working correctly.
Thank you very much, now it works very well, the added PromptUserInput(&mTextRECT) works too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by olilarkin View Post
i just pushed an update that should fix that.
Downloaded.
Old 11-21-2011, 12:34 PM   #12
Jeffos
Mortal

Excellent stuff! Thank you Oli!
[EDIT] Well, I mean "E X C E L L E N T stuff !!"
Jeffos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2011, 05:12 AM   #13
olilarkin

by the way the text entry stuff is a bit tricky to get right, i.e. with the correct font size / text area on all platforms. I found a combination of sizes & fonts that works well in my plugin.

For a future update i want to use freetype for all font rendering, even the text entry dialogs - so there is no inconsistency in appearance between carbon/cocoa/win32 and the text entry text is in exactly the right place etc.
Old 12-03-2011, 12:37 PM   #14
pylorca

WOOOW! thanks!!!!

I will try It with my plugins!
pylorca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 06:37 PM   #15
caseyjames

THANK YOU!

I was just about to send you a PM about this project when I saw that it is now released.

I have been waiting for this for months.
caseyjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:57 PM   #16
d.bop

VERY cool!

Thanks!
Old 12-06-2011, 08:23 AM   #17
ArdeII

Thanks a lot!
Old 12-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #18
caseyjames

I'm working on making the move from JS and Reascript to iPlug with the aim to develop for iOS and VST.

I have a number of JS script's which I'm hoping are going to be simple to port since there isn't much that js does that's not part of C. That's the assumption anyway.... but... graphics...

Since the graphics libraries are different, what is the best way to approach that aspect? Is it better to set conditions for the code depending on the destination or to encapsulate the lower level graphics objects that share the same basic functionality in both languages?

Has anyone done anything like that? Is there a good tutorial?
Old 12-06-2011, 02:32 PM   #19
olilarkin

Look at the iplugmultitargets example which has the iOS code. You have to #ifndef OS_IOS all normal iplug gui stuff and implement the iOS GUI using uikit. IDevices have different screen estate and are multitouch so a different GUI is almost compulsory anyway.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:15 AM   #20
LightningMusic

Hi Oli,
I downloaded WDL and was able to compile the examples in Xcode (OSX Lion) and successfully load them (specifically the IPlugControls) in Reaper. But when I try to load them on other hosts like Live, I don't get the UI. I just get a black screen. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kal

Last edited by LightningMusic; 12-16-2011 at 02:49 AM.
LightningMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 03:01 AM   #21
olilarkin

i just tried IPlugControls, compiled with xcode4 on lion in live8.2.7 . The gui displayed correctly. Did you modify anything?
Old 12-16-2011, 04:13 AM   #22
LightningMusic

Hi Oli,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did update the base SDK to 10.7. I'm using Xcode 4.1 (build 48110). I built VST_32&64_Intel-MyMac32. The interesting thing is, the UI shows perfectly fine on Reaper. I checked the MonoSynth sample. Same issue, but the plugin is functional (meaning it makes sound) on Live.

Thanks,
Kal
Old 12-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #23
olilarkin

IPlug VST2 plugins use cocoa for the gui in reaper, but carbon on all other OSX hosts. I guess that apple changed something related to carbon in the 10.7 sdk. I would get the 10.6 sdk and try that
Old 12-16-2011, 04:43 AM   #24
LightningMusic

Hi Oli,
That was the issue. It works fine with SDK 10.6. The UI shows up fine on all hosts. Thanks a lot for your help.
Kal
Old 12-17-2011, 03:14 PM   #25
caseyjames

I'm still a few weeks from being able to dig into this but I've been keeping an eye on commits to the WDL-OL.

Do you have any good references and urls that you might post for people making the leap form JS/Reascript to C++?

The bits that seem intimidatingly complex for me are:

Planning class structures for large projects. I get the hows and whys of making classes that are specific to a problem, but I imagine most programs have a hierarchy of classes that are not related to the conceptual function, for gui, file handling etc.

GUI for touch interfaces, and Cocoa in general, is pretty unwieldy.

I am also looking for anything that will help in moving to C++ from simpler languages like JS and Python. I know C++ is very complex, but wouldn't most code that runs in JS run in C++ with a few syntactical changes for loop() and the rest?

I've read C++ books but I don't have much practical experience with it. I hoping to be able to get my basic prototyping ideas going by porting my primitive code from js and then building out from there.

For about ten years I've skirted around C because of all the warning about its complexity, but I'm starting to suspect that ideas are really not all that much more complex. How much harder is managing pointers that managing data structures with JS's single array? Aren't they similar once the approach is understood?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I am soooo looking forward to getting cozy with WDL-OL and C++, moving past scripting languages.
Old 12-18-2011, 05:53 AM   #26
olilarkin

all i can say is keep trying and learn one piece at a time... for instance before you start thinking about gui's make a couple of non-gui plugins, and build them up in complexity. Coding a delay effect, table-lookup oscillator and filter might be a good start and will help you get used to memory management. But if you haven't done much c/c++ before it's worth doing some command line apps before you get into the world of audio/plugins. When you need to test an algorithm or something it's always useful if you can do it in a simple command line app to reduce the number of variables (i mean things that could influence your program's behaviour, not program variables).

As far as books go, I learnt with SAMs C++ in 21 days and Kernigan & Ritchie "C programming".

I recently got "the audio programming book", which is really good

http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item...pe=2&tid=12283

other tips:

Learn how to use the debugger in xcode/msvs, and get used to printing values to the console to check for correct output and learn how to interpret compiler errors and warnings.

hope that helps
Old 12-18-2011, 08:25 PM   #27
caseyjames

Thanks for the info.

I have a quickie FFT project in mind that will be good for some GUI free experimentation.

I am very excited about finally leaning to debug in a decent way... So far its always been

MOOTEST = pitchVal;
BAATEST = rateVal;

very sophisticated stuff
Old 12-30-2011, 12:50 PM   #28
olilarkin

I recorded a tutorial video for setting up on OSX...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POP_z0dAn9c

oli
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #29
olilarkin

and one for windows

http://youtu.be/uWitp7EOWVA
Old 01-09-2012, 03:30 PM   #30
Tale

Cool!
Tale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 05:15 AM   #31
caseyjames

Hi,

In following your windows youtube tutorial I am hitting some roadblocks in the build process. I followed all the instructions and I used the same paths. I am working a fairly fresh install of Win 7 x86 in case there are some other libraries that are needed.

When I try and build MyNewPlugin-app initially I was getting errors about Lice.lib (sorry I had the message but the browser crashed as I was writing the post). I tried building lice on its own and a few other things -- it seemed wonky. Then I hit clean on the MyNewPlugin and built again now I get 3 succeeded.

When I hit start debugging I get a message "These Projects are out of date -- Lice, MyNewPlugin.app

I hit yes to building them from that dialog and the interface eventually loads and I can rotate the knob.

When I hit File->Preferences in the app I get the error (abbreviated)
---
Debug Assertion Failed!
....\MyNewPlugin.exe
...\include\vector
line:932

Expression:vector subscript out of range
---

Any idea whats up? Is this expected? I was very careful to follow the instructions closely and maybe its fine but I thought I should make sure before going any further. Any ideas?
Old 01-15-2012, 05:16 AM   #32
caseyjames

Here is the output:
Code:
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\wdl-ol\IPlugExamples\MyNewPlugin\build-win-app\Win32\bin\MyNewPlugin.exe', Symbols loaded.
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wininet.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msvcrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shlwapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\gdi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\user32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\lpk.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\usp10.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\advapi32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sechost.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\rpcrt4.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\urlmon.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ole32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\oleaut32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\crypt32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msasn1.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\iertutil.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dsound.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winmm.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\powrprof.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\setupapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cfgmgr32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\devobj.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\winsxs\x86_microsoft.windows.common-controls_6595b64144ccf1df_5.82.7600.16661_none_ebfb56996c72aefc\comctl32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\comdlg32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\apphelp.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\AppPatch\AcLayers.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\sspicli.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\userenv.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\profapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\winspool.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\mpr.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\imm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msctf.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\cryptbase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\uxtheme.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\clbcatq.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\MMDevAPI.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\propsys.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\dwmapi.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x8b0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\AudioSes.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1040) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1734) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x15f8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x7d8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x14d0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1728) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wdmaud.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ksuser.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\avrt.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.drv', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\msacm32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\midimap.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x172c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xca0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1108) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1600) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xff0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x5b8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x16ac) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1500) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1448) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x142c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1648) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1034) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x13c8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1730) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x20c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x111c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x120c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x3ac) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x126c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1458) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xef4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x15c0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xf64) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xd84) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xed8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1020) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xef0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xa04) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1358) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1214) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

trying to start audio stream @ 44100 sr, 512 iovs, 32 sigvs
indev = 0:Default Device
outdev = 0:Default Device
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x19c) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x12c4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1320) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xc90) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x13a8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1388) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x17a8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x850) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x2a4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1548) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
First-chance exception at 0x75739673 in MyNewPlugin.exe: Microsoft C++ exception: RtError at memory location 0x002ef2f4..
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x970) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x12a4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xd50) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xf88) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1324) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1294) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1504) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x1628) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x11cc) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x12d4) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x11b8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x14a0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x8b8) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xcf0) has exited with code 0 (0x0).
'MyNewPlugin.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\wintrust.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0xfdc) has exited with code 3 (0x3).
The thread 'Win32 Thread' (0x13d4) has exited with code 3 (0x3).
The program '[3920] MyNewPlugin.exe: Native' has exited with code 3 (0x3).
Old 01-15-2012, 05:48 AM   #33
olilarkin

I have also experienced some issues getting the libraries to compile in the correct order... normally by compiling lice first it seems to work.

The standalone audio driver handling is a bit flaky right now I have to admit and it needs more work, especially on windows. That error you are seeing is from RTAudio... probably a bug to do with the device enumeration. Will have a look at it when I get a chance.

oli
Old 01-15-2012, 10:29 AM   #34
caseyjames

Oh small hallelujahs!

I thought it was my error, which had me up all night. The standalone is definitely my lowest priority so that's great new here.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 01-18-2012, 12:34 PM   #35
caseyjames

Hey hey,

Is there anyway to set the LICE OpenGL to OpenGLES mode?

For my current project it looks like OpenGL is going to be the best bet and it seems that OpenGLES is just a standard non Apple method on iOS. Am I right to think that, at least for the graphics rendering aspect, one could write cross platform code in this way.

Can Lice be set to a specific ES mode?
Old 01-18-2012, 01:32 PM   #36
olilarkin

firstly - can we try and stay on topic? start a new thread for new topics. this forum has several massively long threads that go way off topic.

but in answer to your question, i don't know. The OpenGL example in wdl-ol doesn't use any of Lice's GL functionality, I couldn't really figure it out. But if you are going to do an IOS project, you'll be using Apple's toolkits to do the gui anyway, so consult their documentation on it. You shouldn't need lice at all if you want to do an OpenGLES interface on IOS.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:41 PM   #37
caseyjames

Sorry for derailing the topic. Since iOs is not in the scope of the rest of the WDL i thought it would make sense here. I'll just add WDL-OL in the topic in the future.

I looked at the Apple docs a bit for this particular and it seemed like the sort of thing that could be cross platform apart from the Apple tool kits (outside of the multitouch gesture business).

I'll keep digging.
Old 01-24-2012, 01:41 AM   #38
cc_

WDL-OL in action at NAMM:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nKhlmJ4EeI

(my plugin on the big display at the back)

OK, so it's nothing fancy really, just displaying stuff, but couldn't have done it in time without you Oli!

Last edited by cc_; 01-24-2012 at 10:33 AM. Reason: Changed the youtube link to a working one (for now!)
cc_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #39
olilarkin

video doesn't work :-(
Old 01-24-2012, 05:31 AM   #40
captain_caveman

Great stuff oli!! Thanks for demystifying developing iPlug on the Mac side.

edit: I should say that by "demystifying developing" I meant "enabling monkeys with typewriters to develop".
captain_caveman is offline   Reply With Quote